ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Werchter Park - Werchter. Belgium - 5th June 2007
© Benoit Doppagne with very special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Please help me find an old GimmeShelter live recording Return to archive
29th May 2007 08:13 PM
Lostinspace Hey guys,

I'm hoping to find someone who knows their live recordings very well, but I know this is still a long shot. I have a live recording of Gimme Shelter on an MP3 player that I've had for about 5 years. Unfortunately I have no way to get it off the player, and I don't have the slightest clue what the recording date is, so I'm not expecting much.

The only thing which makes the recording stand out is that its a bit faster than most of the ones I've come across, and the female backup singers are more pronounced, especially when they breeze through the "kissaway kissaway kissaway" lyrics so fast. At the end of the song, Mick can be heard saying something along the lines of "It is a haunting, haunting design" or something like that... it's hard to tell.

Anyway, if anyone can narrow this down for me, I will be extremely impressed and grateful.

Thanks
29th May 2007 08:24 PM
akula No Security (hes actually speaking a foreign language)
[Edited by akula]
29th May 2007 09:46 PM
Lostinspace Hi,

Do you mean that is what he is saying at the end of the recording? And if that is the case, it would imply that you are familiar with the recording... could you please tell me what the date was? Or location, or anything? Or send me the mp3 hehe
30th May 2007 01:16 AM
Zack Get Philadelphia Special '72 and you'll forget all about that other one.
30th May 2007 06:30 AM
Lostinspace Thanks for the tip. Where can I find it?
30th May 2007 07:09 AM
SweetVirginia What format are you looking for?
(flac, mp3, wav)

30th May 2007 04:26 PM
Lostinspace Mp3 format if possible. Thank you for your help

If you can email, please send to [email protected].
31st May 2007 07:59 AM
Bruno I love the No Security version. It is so classy, great vocals and great guitars. I like the way Chuck finishes it. That one is from "Live At The 10 Spot", right?
31st May 2007 09:13 AM
Voodoo Scrounge It is definately from 'No security'

And your right, he does say something in a foreign language. I think its dutch.

To me it sounds like he says "It is a hoot in Holland tis ein!"

This is the promo video for the same song.

However, the version on "No Security" has a longer intro and longer ending.
Well worth picking th album up for the live versions of Out of Control, this and Sister Morphine alone!
31st May 2007 05:03 PM
Lostinspace

EDIT: SWEET I just downloaded it, and this is EXACTLY the version I wanted. THANKKKKKS SO MUCH I am very very very impressed
[Edited by Lostinspace]
31st May 2007 07:16 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
It is definately from 'No security'

And your right, he does say something in a foreign language. I think its dutch.

To me it sounds like he says "It is a hoot in Holland tis ein!"

This is the promo video for the same song.

However, the version on "No Security" has a longer intro and longer ending.
Well worth picking th album up for the live versions of Out of Control, this and Sister Morphine alone!

notice the smoldering joint in the ash tray?
gread cd for sure...sister morphine and out of control are great on this.
31st May 2007 08:26 PM
ebmp I'll probably get flamed, but this is my favorite version of this song live. I don't like the 72 versions very much. It's too fast and Jagger's vocals are too shouty

This one is in the right tempo, and it's the perfect example of how Keith's and Ronnie's guitars blend into each other
1st June 2007 05:57 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
ebmp wrote:
I'll probably get flamed, but this is my favorite version of this song live. I don't like the 72 versions very much. It's too fast and Jagger's vocals are too shouty

This one is in the right tempo, and it's the perfect example of how Keith's and Ronnie's guitars blend into each other

I would tend to agree with you. However, Mick Taylor's solos on the 72 versions are very good!
1st June 2007 07:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
Lostinspace wrote:
Hi,

Do you mean that is what he is saying at the end of the recording? And if that is the case, it would imply that you are familiar with the recording... could you please tell me what the date was? Or location, or anything?

The 'No Security' version comes from the 'Live at the 10 Spot' concert filmed for MTV at Purchase, NY on 25.10.97

The dialogue after it comes from Amsterdam, July 1998 (the next song on the album is 'Flip the switch' from Amsterdam 1st July '98 so I suppose the dialogue comes from that gig too)
1st June 2007 10:29 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The 'No Security' version comes from the 'Live at the 10 Spot' concert filmed for MTV at Purchase, NY on 25.10.97

The dialogue after it comes from Amsterdam, July 1998 (the next song on the album is 'Flip the switch' from Amsterdam 1st July '98 so I suppose the dialogue comes from that gig too)

Thanks Gazza. That kind of backs my Dutch story up.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)