ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Werchter Park - Werchter. Belgium - 5th June 2007
© Benoit Doppagne with very special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New White Stripes video (NSC) Return to archive
25th May 2007 12:43 PM
Jeep
25th May 2007 01:04 PM
Saint Sway RAWK!!!

awesome! Way to kick out the jams! They're the only band now consistently making suberb videos
25th May 2007 01:08 PM
Gazza Very good indeed. They make a great racket for just two people. The best band to have emerged in the last decade.

For some reason, that song sounds like it could have come from "Physical Graffiti".
25th May 2007 01:17 PM
mrhipfl very cool video and song. I prefer the Black Keys over the stripes though.
27th May 2007 12:06 PM
fireontheplatter with a bit of imagination ...the vocals and the music sounds a tad like the beasty boys.....no?

i have a crush on the lil drummer girl.....
27th May 2007 12:36 PM
Gimme Shelter I really get into the White Stripes. I've seen them live twice and for only two people they really rock.
27th May 2007 12:50 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Gazza wrote:
.... For some reason, that song sounds like it could have come from "Physical Graffiti".

I was thinking the same thing! Something in Meg's power drum and timing and Jack's guitar flourish. Talk about being able to turn one of rocks greatest influences into a new original sound. Exciting song & video -- thanks for posting!
29th May 2007 03:17 AM
IanBillen
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
with a bit of imagination ...the vocals and the music sounds a tad like the beasty boys.....no?

i have a crush on the lil drummer girl.....

Yes. You are correct! The tempo, melody, and a little something about the way the Vox are recorded is Beasty boys like.

Ian
29th May 2007 04:01 AM
Altamont The one thing about the White Stripes that always reminds me of the Beasty Boys, is the bass player.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)