ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Werchter Park - Werchter. Belgium - 5th June 2007
© Benoit Doppagne with very special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Summer of Love-40 Years Later-Monterey Pop Festival Return to archive
23rd May 2007 07:53 PM
gorda This summer will be the 40th anniversary of the Summer of Love.

And, there's going to be a big music festival in Monterey.

The Unauthorized Rolling Stones and The Sun Kings (Beatles Tribute Band) are scheduled to perform on Saturday, July 28, 2007 in Monterey, CA.

It sounds like fun!

http://www.sfsummeroflove.com/
23rd May 2007 08:15 PM
fireontheplatter cool

i'll be there in spirit

everybody say ow
23rd May 2007 08:22 PM
gorda Well, the website has been "under-construction" for a while, so that made me a little suspicious. But, I have seen the Unauthorized Rolling Stones and also The Sun Kings perform before. And, they have that date scheduled on their websites, so it must be legitimate.

www.theurs.com

www.the-sun-kings.com
23rd May 2007 09:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is Joey jamming with the URS

According to people close to Joey's Management he will be back on stage with some bees backstage ready to improve his small size

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
23rd May 2007 09:10 PM
PartyDoll MEG Voodoo....Priceless!!!
23rd May 2007 09:17 PM
pdog LOL @ Voodoo!

23rd May 2007 09:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL great nobody quoted my original message, it had more typos, spelling and grammar mistakes I've ever made... could be Joey's weed... could be...
23rd May 2007 09:28 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
LOL great nobody quoted my original message, it had more typos, spelling and grammar mistakes I've ever made... could be Joey's weed... could be...

No doubt...
..........No doubt!!!
23rd May 2007 10:13 PM
mojoman
quote:
could be Joey's weed... could be...

you remember that much?
23rd May 2007 10:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Not much that's why I think it's Joey's adultered weed
23rd May 2007 11:19 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
This is Joey jamming with the URS

Face looks more like VoodooPug to me.
24th May 2007 01:05 AM
gypsy
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Face looks more like VoodooPug to me.

From the waist down - pure Feej.
24th May 2007 01:26 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
gypsy wrote:

From the waist down - pure Feej.

Watch out. He'll be accusing me of being a meth whore and calling you Wavy Gravy or however that refrain goes.
29th May 2007 08:13 PM
gorda
quote:
gorda wrote:
This summer will be the 40th anniversary of the Summer of Love.

And, there's going to be a big music festival in Monterey.

The Unauthorized Rolling Stones and The Sun Kings (Beatles Tribute Band) are scheduled to perform on Saturday, July 28, 2007 in Monterey, CA.

It sounds like fun!

http://www.sfsummeroflove.com/

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

I'm sorry. I am a little confused.

Anyways, I used to think tribute bands sucked, but that was until I actually saw them perform. It's a lot of fun!

I just posted it, just in case anyone was interested!
29th May 2007 09:11 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Why Bob Dylan Rocks
Tuesday, May 29, 2007

By John Gibson
FOX NEWS

On my recent vacation I was back in San Francisco, where I spent a dozen years as a street reporter, and a place that was always referred to as "the city" when I was growing up in the boonies of the Sacramento Valley.

There on the front page of the San Francisco Chronicle was a big take-out on the 40th anniversary of the now-infamous Summer of Love. The Chronicle raided the photo archives and dragged out all the old pics from the love in's and smoke in's and be in's of Golden Gate Park and the Haight.

It made me shudder to think I could have ended up in one of those pictures, and thank god I didn't. The mutton chop sideburns — which everybody had — are probably the most embarrassing detail.

But it struck me that people in my generation are having a spasm of weirdness about reliving their past right now. Maybe it just happens as the six-decade bell rings, but I think it is wallowing in a mud hole that is best left alone.

Bronson noticed the same thing in the latest issue of Rolling Stone, and quotes an exchange in a fresh interview of Bob Dylan. The poet prophet of the 60s is being questioned by Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner, and Dylan refuses to relive the old protest days.

"Do you think it's gloomy on the horizon," Wenner asks Dylan. "In what sense do you mean?" Dylan replies. "Bob, come on," Wenner says. "No, you come on. In what sense do you mean that?" Dylan demanded.

Bronson writes, Wenner tries again: "We seem to be hell-bent on destruction. Do you worry about global warming?" "Where's the global warming?" Dylan asks. "It's freezing here."

Dylan may have disappointed Jann Wenner and all of the old hippies who now drive a Prius and still like to lecture the rest of us. But for me, with that one exchange, he proved himself an intellectual hero all over again.

Thanks to Bronson and The Philadelphia Inquirer for pointing it out.

That's My Word.
29th May 2007 09:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Oh. BTW..... Fuck John Gibson.
29th May 2007 09:50 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Oh. BTW..... Fuck John Gibson.

LOL! Does it piss you off to finally realize that Bob Dylan ain't no leftist? Hell,I've had the quote on my tag line here for years,but some people just don't seem to beaware of the fact that Zimmy knows that libs are a bunch of fucking kooks! The Summer Of Love was a beautiful lie. San Fran back in 1967 was full of idealistic morons and layabout lazy fucks who pissed and shit all over Golden Gate Park openly. Many of them grew up and became exactly what they railed against. Hell the Grateful Dead did as well! They were one of the biggest sell out bands of the whole era. I should know. I bought into their bullshit leftist lie for over 100 Dead shows.

Bob Dylan saw through the lie quicker than some here have apparently. He distanced himself from that crowd of smelly hippies toot fuckin' sweet. Jann Wenner so badly wants Dylan to do today what he has refused to do for 40 years now. Joan Beaz and her whole crew of leftist freaks urged Dylan to do the same thing back in the early 60's only to be openly rebuffed by Dylan. Now fucknut Wenner thinks he's going to talk Bobby fucking Dylan into becoming a stupid liberal sheeple? Fat fucking chance Jann! Dylan ain't no leftist! Never was. Never will be. Deal with it. John Gibson simply pointed out the idiocy of Jann Wenner and his worldview by quoting from the idiot himself.

Riffy
29th May 2007 11:47 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

LOL! Does it piss you off to finally realize that Bob Dylan ain't no leftist? Hell,I've had the quote on my tag line here for years,but some people just don't seem to beaware of the fact that Zimmy knows that libs are a bunch of fucking kooks! The Summer Of Love was a beautiful lie. San Fran back in 1967 was full of idealistic morons and layabout lazy fucks who pissed and shit all over Golden Gate Park openly. Many of them grew up and became exactly what they railed against. Hell the Grateful Dead did as well! They were one of the biggest sell out bands of the whole era. I should know. I bought into their bullshit leftist lie for over 100 Dead shows.

Bob Dylan saw through the lie quicker than some here have apparently. He distanced himself from that crowd of smelly hippies toot fuckin' sweet. Jann Wenner so badly wants Dylan to do today what he has refused to do for 40 years now. Joan Beaz and her whole crew of leftist freaks urged Dylan to do the same thing back in the early 60's only to be openly rebuffed by Dylan. Now fucknut Wenner thinks he's going to talk Bobby fucking Dylan into becoming a stupid liberal sheeple? Fat fucking chance Jann! Dylan ain't no leftist! Never was. Never will be. Deal with it. John Gibson simply pointed out the idiocy of Jann Wenner and his worldview by quoting from the idiot himself.

Riffy

Anyone have any tranq darts? We'll get him down from there, big net underneath, he will not be hurt.
30th May 2007 12:16 AM
MrPleasant Bob Dylan is a newborn christian. Period. (BTW: I haven't listened to any of his records from the past 27 years.)

Check out the third paragraph. Apparently, he doesn't wanna write for "negroes"! Then he's racist! But I guess that's how it goes with newborn christians - the wackos!

[Edited by MrPleasant]
30th May 2007 10:57 AM
mojoman dylans a kook, the dead are freaks and the summer tour of 87 where they backed him up was a trip. the club front sessions from may 87 are great!!
30th May 2007 03:27 PM
Saint Sway oh jeez.... more shots of Pug at Wildwood

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)