ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
June 14, 1991
© 1991 Associated Newspapers Archive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bono: "The Stones are gents" Return to archive
May 31st, 2005 12:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels BONO: 'THE STONES ARE GENTS'

U2 frontman BONO has destroyed THE ROLLING STONES image as rock hellraisers, revealing SIR MICK JAGGER and KEITH RICHARDS are fantastic fathers with wonderful children.

The sixties rockers have cultivated their images as partyloving, womanising anarchists - something Bono insists is an act, far removed from their real personalities.

He reveals, "Mick's children have impeccable manners. I remember one of his little girls came up to me and said, 'People think my daddy's the devil and he lets them!'"

"Keith is exactly the same. He would never make a coarse comment about women, has a nobility in his human relationships, and was tougher than anyone."

contactmusic.com
31/05/2005 13:57

May 31st, 2005 12:31 PM
Barney Fife Why trust anything Boner says?
May 31st, 2005 12:32 PM
Madafaka Who's Bono?
May 31st, 2005 12:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Who's Bono?

Bono is Bono!
May 31st, 2005 12:38 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Bono is Bono!

Of course, but who's Bono compared with Stones?
May 31st, 2005 12:47 PM
Jair Well, nothing new in the front from Bono.
Anyone knows the twins are gents and, yet worst, conservative persons.

May 31st, 2005 12:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Of course, but who's Bono compared with Stones?

Well, I don't exactly know but here's a NASA pic of a sunspot.

May 31st, 2005 12:51 PM
Madafaka Wow! Such an interesting thing!
May 31st, 2005 01:07 PM
Monkey Woman That Bono! He must be eager to lure the Stones to take part on his "Live 8" concert, dishing out such lavish praise!
May 31st, 2005 01:32 PM
blackandblue I believe Bono though. I read once that Mick said he would break his daughter's legs if she dared to use drugs! Mick is by all means the best father in the world.
May 31st, 2005 02:00 PM
gimmekeef Mick a great father?....ask the girl he didnt acknowledge as his for years.....Me thinks Bono is just looking for more press..as he is so want to do....
May 31st, 2005 02:46 PM
Jumacfly Bono..wait....... you mean the TWAT????
May 31st, 2005 03:02 PM
blackandblue
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Bono..wait....... you mean the TWAT????

No the leadsinger of U2!
May 31st, 2005 03:29 PM
marko THE TWATSINGER!
May 31st, 2005 03:43 PM
mac_daddy bono should be kissing the stones' ass - his band sucks!

i always laugh when listening to that club gig from the licks tour, wher bono f*cks up the words, badly, to iorr.

he sucks.
May 31st, 2005 05:34 PM
keith_tif Bono should shut up and not try to attract medias. Bono thinks that he's God! U2 is rubbish! It's music for supermarkets! Bono doesn't understand what he says! It's a pity!

May 31st, 2005 06:04 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
marko wrote:
THE TWATSINGER!

I suggest you re-lsiten to the lyrics of 'Star Fucker'

kinda clear here that many on this board suffer from envy

apples and oranges...you don't like 'em fine...but to slag off like this says more about the commentors than it does about their intended target

May 31st, 2005 10:05 PM
Soldatti Well, Bono said the truth after all.
May 31st, 2005 10:21 PM
gypsy
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
BONO: 'THE STONES ARE GENTS'

U2 frontman BONO has destroyed THE ROLLING STONES image as rock hellraisers, revealing SIR MICK JAGGER and KEITH RICHARDS are fantastic fathers with wonderful children.

The sixties rockers have cultivated their images as partyloving, womanising anarchists - something Bono insists is an act, far removed from their real personalities.

He reveals, "Mick's children have impeccable manners. I remember one of his little girls came up to me and said, 'People think my daddy's the devil and he lets them!'"

"Keith is exactly the same. He would never make a coarse comment about women, has a nobility in his human relationships, and was tougher than anyone."

contactmusic.com
31/05/2005 13:57

I think that is a compliment. The Stones all seem like very good parents in my opinion. Their children have all turned out quite well.
As for Keith, that's true. He's not a womanizer. From what I've read, he has always treated women very nicely.
May 31st, 2005 10:36 PM
CraigP Bono and U2 suck. I don't see his comment as a bad one though. He's just trying to get attention. I like the Stones just the way they are.
June 1st, 2005 02:16 AM
maumau geeeeez why get so defensive about this comment?

i think it is a compliment and i think they're good friends (remember silver and gold? bono singing on mick's record and on stage with the boys? keith playing with the irish band?)

what is the problem?

(for the record: last u2 record i bought and listened to is achtung baby...)
June 1st, 2005 02:33 AM
corgi37 As far as i know, none of Keith's kids have done anything to attract bad press.

I wish he was my dad!
June 1st, 2005 05:20 AM
waaghals
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I think that is a compliment. The Stones all seem like very good parents in my opinion. Their children have all turned out quite well.
As for Keith, that's true. He's not a womanizer. From what I've read, he has always treated women very nicely.

I agree with you Gypsy that it is a compliment. Keith treats women indeed very nicely. I met Keith at a "meet and greet" at Malieveld Den Haag Holland 1998. There was this 16 year old fan from Holland and Keith bowed for her like a 18 th century gentleman would do waving like he had a hat in his hands and gave her a handkiss asking her "How are you sweetheart?". He is a true gentleman and has always been a gentleman. Ain't nothing wrong with that in my opinion! One can be a rebel and a gentleman at the same time!
June 1st, 2005 07:00 AM
Gazza
quote:
CraigP wrote:
Bono and U2 suck. I don't see his comment as a bad one though. He's just trying to get attention.

Not really. Its an extract from a new biography, "Bono on Bono".

Seems the poor bastard cant win. If he bitched about the Stones, people would be all over him. Says something nice and he still gets shit for it. Simply because he happens to be in a band that has a popularity on a similar level to the Stones.

What year is it anyway? 1964? Its like the 'Beatles obsession' 40 years on.
[Edited by Gazza]
June 1st, 2005 07:39 AM
FotiniD
quote:
waaghals wrote:

I agree with you Gypsy that it is a compliment. Keith treats women indeed very nicely. I met Keith at a "meet and greet" at Malieveld Den Haag Holland 1998. There was this 16 year old fan from Holland and Keith bowed for her like a 18 th century gentleman would do waving like he had a hat in his hands and gave her a handkiss asking her "How are you sweetheart?". He is a true gentleman and has always been a gentleman. Ain't nothing wrong with that in my opinion! One can be a rebel and a gentleman at the same time!

Now I'm JEALOUS
I want that too!!!
What a guy.
June 1st, 2005 12:58 PM
Jair
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Are you saying that to be a womanizer is not a cool thing?
Deep inside, all women like womanizer men.
June 1st, 2005 09:55 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Seems the poor bastard cant win. If he bitched about the Stones, people would be all over him. Says something nice and he still gets shit for it. Simply because he happens to be in a band that has a popularity on a similar level to the Stones.

What year is it anyway? 1964? Its like the 'Beatles obsession' 40 years on.

Agree with you Gazza, U2 and the Stones are the two groups with a similar popularity level, and U2 is the easy target.
June 2nd, 2005 02:07 AM
corgi37 And, thank God for that. We need some easy targets.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)