ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
June 14, 1991
© 1991 Associated Newspapers Archive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones Records Return to archive
May 31st, 2005 08:17 AM
Schleisher So, besides their own albums, and Peter Tosh's Bush Doctor, what other albums came out on Rolling Stones Records?
May 31st, 2005 08:34 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl At least the following

• Brian Jones Presents The Pipes Of Pan at JouJouka (as misspelled in the original version, as it's "JaJouka"
  • Jamming With Edward
May 31st, 2005 08:38 AM
Maxlugar I'm pretty sure the incredible, ground-breaking, record smashing Monkey Grip was on Rolling Stones Records as well.

I love Bill Wyman!

Great header pic today, BTW.

He has gorgeous, positively-charged hair, no?
May 31st, 2005 08:40 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Stone Alone by Bill Wyman too
May 31st, 2005 08:46 AM
BillyBoll Didnt Bill produce a band called Turkey Buzzard or summat and werent they on RSR?
May 31st, 2005 09:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Also the "London Howlin' Wolf Sessions"

And this Keith's single:

May 31st, 2005 09:03 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
BillyBoll wrote:
Didnt Bill produce a band called Turkey Buzzard or summat and werent they on RSR?

No it was not on RSR but Capitol
May 31st, 2005 09:42 AM
Jaxx

ah, good old monkey grip, monkey grip. i had that one on 8 track! here is a complete list of albums on the RS label:
59100 series
STicky Fingers
Goats Head Soup
Monkey Grip

39100 series was distributed by atlantic records and titles include:
Jamming with Edward
reissues of Sticky Fingers, Goat's Head Soup
Made in the Shade
Some Girls
Bush Doctor
Mystic Man
Still LIfe

49100 Series:
Brian Jones Presents the Pipes of Pan at Joujouka

79100 Series
Reissue Monkey Grip
Its only ROck and ROll
Reissue Made in the Shade
Stone Alone
Black and Blue

16000 Series were issued by Atlantic Records
Emotional Rescue
Sucking in the SEventies
Tattoo You

other series include
Exile on Main Street
love you live
undercover
rewind

promotional issues on the record label include
Interview w/Mick Jagger by Tom Donahue

then the whole series of rolling stones labels that were distributed by CBS records
Dirty Work
reissues of Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Stree, Goats Head Soup, IORR, Made in the Shade, Black and BLue, Love you Live, Some Girls, Emotional Rescue, Sucking in the seventies, Tattoo You, Still Life, Undercover, Rewind

then Steel Wheels, Flashpoint

for an indepth discussion on this, check out the rolling stones label album discography located here:
http://www.bsnpubs.com/atlantic/rollingstones.html

May 31st, 2005 09:52 AM
blackandblue Tucky Buzzard - Tucky Buzzard
Recorded at Olympic Studios, Barnes, London, 1969/1971
All tracks written by Tucky Buzzard except 'Pisces Apple Lady' written by Leon Russell.

Paul Francis [drums] left during the recording of this album & his place was taken by an old friend from Spain, Chris Johnston. Produced by Bill, with occasional help from Glyn Johns, with Mick Taylor doing a bit of guitar playing, & the Stones brass section of Bobby Keys [sax] & Jim Price [trumpet] helping out on some tracks.

May 31st, 2005 10:02 AM
patioaintdry Wasn't "Catholic Boy" by Jim Carroll on Rolling Stones records?
May 31st, 2005 10:32 AM
Moonisup
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Also the "London Howlin' Wolf Sessions"

Are you sure?
the lp or cd? I have a 2 cd box, and that's from MCA

And a lot of cd's mention Rolling stones records and some don't very strange
[Edited by Moonisup]
May 31st, 2005 10:35 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

Are you sure?
the lp or cd? I have a 2 cd box, and that's from MCA

And a lot of cd's mention Rolling stones records and some don't very strange
[Edited by Moonisup]

THE LP, the original LP
May 31st, 2005 10:35 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The 2CD box you have is great, it has outtakes and some great photos from the sessions, I have it too
May 31st, 2005 10:38 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
patioaintdry wrote:
Wasn't "Catholic Boy" by Jim Carroll on Rolling Stones records?

No, "Catholic Boy" by Jim Carroll didn't make it but almost did it. This is a copy and past from catholicboy.com

"When Jim returned to New York in 1980 for the first time in five years to sign contracts with Bantam for the mass market paperback publication of The Basketball Diaries, he also brought a demo tape with him. As the story goes, he brought the tape to Rolling Stones Records President Earl McGrath to see what he thought. The tape also made its way into the hands of Keith Richards. That sealed it. Jim was signed to RSR, distributed by Atlantic Records."

The album was released under ATCO label

This is Jim and Keith jamming that year, photo by Roger Resmeyer

May 31st, 2005 10:40 AM
Jaxx "The Rolling Stones label was to be used for new talent discovered by the Stones, but that aspect never really came to pass. Apart from their own recordings, the only records on the label were a record featuring Moroccan pipes recorded by Brian Jones, a budget priced jam session album featuring some of the Stones and their pianist Nicky Hopkins, two solo albums by Bill Wyman, and a couple of reggae albums by Peter Tosh. Based on the limited number of albums on Rolling Stones records, it's doubtful Atlantic ever recouped their investment, but it did give Atlantic prestige to have the Rolling Stones on the label and gave them even more respectability in the rock marketplace. "

source: http://www.bsnpubs.com/atlantic/rollingstones.html
May 31st, 2005 11:04 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
here is a complete list of albums on the RS label:

49100 Series:
Brian Jones Presents the Pipes of Pan at Joujouka

One is missing: COC 49101 Howlin' Wolf "The London Howlin' Wolf Sessions"
May 31st, 2005 11:13 AM
Jaxx
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

One is missing: COC 49101 Howlin' Wolf "The London Howlin' Wolf Sessions"

yeah, i caught that. if you surf to that page, you will see some blanks. you will also see where they request info for those blanks. i bet there are folks here who can help them out with the some of those missing spots.

"We would appreciate any additions or corrections to this discography. Just send them to us via e-mail. Both Sides Now Publications is an information web page. We are not a catalog, nor can we provide the records listed below."
[Edited by Jaxx]
May 31st, 2005 03:27 PM
CHIEFMOON Didn't "Neon Leon" also wind up on RS records?
May 31st, 2005 03:50 PM
Surround Sister
quote:
CHIEFMOON wrote:
Didn't "Neon Leon" also wind up on RS records?

Now that´s a tuff guy, nice music from NL!
May 31st, 2005 05:22 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Didn't Kracker (who opened for them in '73) issue an album on Rolling Stones Records???
May 31st, 2005 08:40 PM
souldoggie Yes, Kracker had an LP released on Rolling Stones Records in 1973. British only. I believe the connection with the Stones and that group was Jimmy Miller. I think he managed and/or produced them.
May 31st, 2005 09:38 PM
Jair I think the bluesman (piano player) willie Mabon had a record released for RS Records. Not sure, though...
May 31st, 2005 10:15 PM
Soldatti Was Rewind the last album on Rolling Stones records?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)