ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
June 14, 1991
© 1991 Associated Newspapers Archive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BITCH Return to archive
May 29th, 2005 04:21 AM
Dutch Michael D. have a close listen to Bitch, and then listen to Get Ready (cause here i come) from Rare Earth. did the Stones used this song when they wrote Bitch or something? did it had any to do with that song?? i think so... keith is always afraid that when he write songs that he already heard them on the radio or somewhere... just listen !!!

ciao
[Edited by Dutch Michael D.]
May 29th, 2005 09:11 AM
NHStonesfan that's like comparing apples to ketchup
May 29th, 2005 10:09 AM
Gazza
quote:
Dutch Michael D. wrote:
have a close listen to Bitch, and then listen to Get Ready (cause here i come) from Rare Earth. [Edited by Dutch Michael D.]

is that the same song that the Temptations originally released?
May 29th, 2005 11:26 AM
parmeda Shit
...and here I thought this thread was about me
May 29th, 2005 11:29 AM
Madafaka Hahaha! Great sense of humor for a sunday
May 29th, 2005 02:52 PM
JaggerLips I always thought the lyric

Yeah, you got to mix it child
You got to fix it must be love
It's a bitch
You got to mix it child
You got to fix it but love
It's a bitch, alright

was actually

Yeah, you got to mix it Charlie
It's a bitch
You got to mix it Charlie
It's a bitch, alright.

Sometimes I mishear what Mick sings, I prefer the version I thought I heard!!
May 29th, 2005 03:53 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Gazza wrote:

yes, gazza. its the same song. get ready, originally recorded by the temptations was also recorded by rare earth.

a bit of trivia...get ready made it to that rare earth album because they needed a filler tune.

i would say NO way jose on the stones poaching. i don't think bitch sounds at all like get ready or describes our friend parameda either! in fact, i actually hear lifted stones riffs on occassion. the ones immediatly coming to mind

some jon bonjovi song that sounded like OUT OF TEARS
dandy warhols'bohemian like you that sounds like JJF
[Edited by Jaxx]
May 29th, 2005 03:54 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Gotta be. There's a definite similarity between those riffs (you could throw JJF and Satisfaction in there, too). I don't think Mick or Keith would ever deny that the Temptations, and Motown generally, were a big influence.
May 29th, 2005 03:58 PM
Dutch Michael D. i mean the fast version of Get ready, not the full, slow version at the beginning... it is the same riff as Bitch, same saxophones and stuff !!! the stones used a little soul for their own great Bitch
May 29th, 2005 04:07 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Dutch Michael D. wrote:
the stones used a little soul for their own great Bitch

hmm is stealing soul a crime? no doubt a good move on the stones-- part embracing the soul of american mowtown.

btw, another sidebar, the stones paid kd lang because they had riffs in "anybody seen my baby" that sounded like riffs from constant craving.
May 29th, 2005 10:54 PM
Soldatti Bitch's riff is one of the best 5 ever done for the Stones.
May 29th, 2005 11:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Shit
...and here I thought this thread was about me

it could still be yet . You never know.

quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
I always thought the lyric

Yeah, you got to mix it child
It's a bitch
You got to mix it child
It's a bitch, alright

was actually

Yeah, you got to mix it Charlie
It's a bitch
You got to mix it Charlie
It's a bitch, alright.

Sometimes I mishear what Mick sings, I prefer the version I thought I heard!!

actually, I sang along with it as the "Charlie" version for years as well. I still have to have think twice and NOT think of it as having THAT lyric!
May 29th, 2005 11:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
in fact, i actually hear lifted stones riffs on occassion. the ones immediatly coming to mind

some jon bonjovi song that sounded like OUT OF TEARS
dandy warhols'bohemian like you that sounds like JJF
[Edited by Jaxx]

I've been spared the Bon Jovi song so far, thankfully.

Bohemian Like You reminds me a bit of Brown Sugar as well as JJF.

Oasis' new single "Lyla" is a direct rip off of "Street Fighting Man" (a song they actually already covered as a B-side a few years ago)

I dont know Rare Earth, but I've always been a Temptations fan and "Get Ready" is one of my favourites of theirs.

Talking of Motown rip offs, part of Keith's "Hate it when you leave" (a great and absolutely beautiful song) is a direct steal of the Jimmy Ruffin (brother of David from the Temptations) hit "what becomes of the broken hearted"
[Edited by Gazza]
May 30th, 2005 03:09 PM
Child of the Moon The Bitch/Get Ready similarity has always struck me as one of the better "could they have stolen it?" scenarios. I remember driving around a few years ago with my family, and Bitch came on the radio. My mom, never too crazy about the Stones, says, "Gee, this sounds an awful lot like the Temptations." The rest of us, all Stones fans, listened for a moment, then said, "So?" In either case, they both have great riffs, and it really doesn't matter if the Stones appropriated it or not.
May 30th, 2005 03:09 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:
actually, I sang along with it as the "Charlie" version for years as well. I still have to have think twice and NOT think of it as having THAT lyric!

So it's not just me then?
I must admit that the Charlie version is better!
I thought it was a song about Charlie Watts!!!
May 31st, 2005 05:56 AM
Jumping Jack Who cares what Mick is singing? The end of the song with KR and MT shredding is as good as life gets. The best part of any Stones song, IMHO.
May 31st, 2005 10:52 PM
Bitch My favorite song BITCH, thus, my screen name! LOVE, it is a BITCH, alright! BITCH keeps BITCHin! The little BITCH got soul. Femme fetale and dirty BITCHes! Any other RS Bitch ref's? Can't think of any more, but I think there is another one out there.

No - Sorry - I can't see the similarity of the RS sound and the Temptations. The opening riff of BITCH is all original.

Truth.
Peace.
Bitch.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)