ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
June 14, 1991
© 1991 Associated Newspapers Archive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: PLEASE help me identify this pic of Mick! Return to archive
May 28th, 2005 09:40 PM
mickfan22 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7518475313&rd=1&rd=1

I really love this picture of Mick with big jacket hood covering his face. I found it on ebay but its tiny and I wanted to know if anyone knows where I can get a poster size of this image or if anyone has seen it before. I would love to frame it and hang it on my wall. Thanks for the help

BTW, is there any way for me to incude a picture instead of a link?
May 28th, 2005 09:51 PM
Madafaka Yes, when you reply the msg, on the left, press NOVOCODE Image Code and look for 'Adding Images'!
May 28th, 2005 10:12 PM
mickfan22
May 28th, 2005 10:13 PM
kath must love gran gran......
May 28th, 2005 10:23 PM
souldoggie I'm pretty sure this was a 64-65 London photo shoot by the fashion photographer David Bailey.
May 29th, 2005 12:36 AM
Dutch Michael D.
quote:
souldoggie wrote:
I'm pretty sure this was a 64-65 London photo shoot by the fashion photographer David Bailey.

that's right, it's also in that book called ''According to the Rolling Stones''
May 29th, 2005 02:22 AM
Child of the Moon '65, definitely.
May 29th, 2005 08:47 AM
Hannalee I've got it in a book called David Bailey's Rock and Roll Heroes (0500279063 Thames and Hudson) and it's dated 1964. There are lots of Stones photos in there.
May 29th, 2005 09:25 AM
IanBillen
This was also in a major magazine within the past year or so. I am not totally sure if it is the same exact picture but it is from the same shoot. I almost wanna say it was in Rolling Stone but I'm just not sure. However it was a major magazine within the past year I can attest to that. It is different that's for sure.

Ian
May 29th, 2005 03:28 PM
Jaxx

its is definately a shot taken by fashion photographer david bailey, at the top of his game at that time. jean shrimpton introduced him to the band and he even put mick up in his flat for a while.

david bailey took photos of the stones for six of their album covers:

rolling stones no 2,
12,x 5
The Rolling Stones Now
Out of Our Heads
Get yer ya has out
goat's head soup.
[Edited by Jaxx]
May 29th, 2005 10:51 PM
gypsy

Here's a photo of David Bailey, Chrissie Shrimpton, & Mick Jagger on May 1, 1965.

Photo courtesy of Retna Ltd.
May 30th, 2005 12:28 PM
Matt Lacroix it was also in rolling stone magasine recently, as on the best rock n roll pictures
May 30th, 2005 12:40 PM
Jair [quote]gypsy wrote:

wow!!!
Thank you for posting, Gypsy. You're the best!!!
May 30th, 2005 02:15 PM
mickfan22 Thanks for all the help. Can someone who has the book, "According to the Rolling Stones" tell me how large the picture is? Does it take up the entire page and is it on quality paper. I am thinking I can use that page and either keep it as it is or blow up the image and frame it. Thanks for all the help.
[Edited by mickfan22]
May 31st, 2005 11:08 AM
Jaxx
quote:
mickfan22 wrote:
Can someone who has the book, "According to the Rolling Stones" tell me how large the picture is? Does it take up the entire page and is it on quality paper.

the photo is located on page 81, is on a heavy weight high quality semigloss paper stock--like the rest of this book. it measures 16cm x 17 cm.

if you have a scanner and the time, compiling photos for yourself and to share in a forum such as this is quite simple:
all you have to do is find yourself a domain to upload your photos to, to give them an internet address like a home page at aol, msn, etc or any one of these sites can host your photos/book photos to share:

myphotoalbum.com
imagestation.com
phanfare.com
photobucket.com

etc

(keyword online photo albums)

[Edited by Jaxx]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)