ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
June 14, 1991
© 1991 Associated Newspapers Archive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oliver Stone arrest with drugs Return to archive
May 28th, 2005 05:58 PM
shakedhandswithkeith just read this online, they don`t say what kind of drugs

does anybody know more?
May 28th, 2005 06:34 PM
Madafaka That one is the fisrt new that I have about this!
May 28th, 2005 06:47 PM
sirmoonie What drugs do you want to know about? You looking to buy? Rec or re-sale?
May 28th, 2005 06:48 PM
MrPleasant Way to go, Ollie!
May 28th, 2005 07:07 PM
Dan You think he would have learned his lesson last time this happened and just get his dealer to deliver!
May 28th, 2005 09:02 PM
mac_daddy Oliver Stone Arrested on Drug, DUI Charges
# The Oscar-winning filmmaker was arrested in Beverly Hills.

From Associated Press
Oscar-winning filmmaker Oliver Stone was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving and drug possession, police said today.

Stone, 58, was arrested late Friday night at a police checkpoint on Sunset Boulevard after officers determined he appeared to be drunk, police Sgt. John Edmundson said. A search of his Mercedes turned up drugs, Edmundson said. He did not specify what kind.

Stone spent the night in jail and was released this morning after posting $15,000 bail, Edmundson said.

A message left today with Stone's agent David Styne was not immediately returned.

In 1999, the filmmaker pleaded guilty to drug possession and no contest to driving under the influence and was ordered into a rehabilitation program.

Stone's films include "JFK" (1991), "Natural Born Killers" (1994) and last year's "Alexander," which starred Colin Farrell. The film earned earned poor reviews from critics but Stone called it "the epic of my life."

Stone, who lives in Santa Monica, won Academy Awards for directing in 1989 for "Born on the Fourth of July" and in 1986 for "Platoon," which also won the Oscar for best picture.

link
May 30th, 2005 07:24 PM
GimmeExile Stone is a great filmmaker, but that ALEXANDER was a travesty, a mess of a movie.
May 30th, 2005 07:46 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
The film earned earned poor reviews from critics but Stone called it "the epic of my life."

I want whatever he smoked that made him say that.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Top prize for utter stupidity: to drink and drive over this of all weekends
LA Notebook by Chris Ayres

I LEARNT something very important about Los Angeles on Memorial Day last year. As with many cultural revelations, it came at about 1am, when I was standing on the patio of the Saddle Ranch Saloon on Sunset Strip, looking at the Ferarris and SUVs rolling by. In my hand was a pitcher of Long Island Iced Tea. Somewhere behind me, a miniskirted 18-year-old was riding a mechanical bull.
“Hey,” I said, turning to my friend Jeff, who seemed to be swaying in the desert breeze. “Do you think everyone here is going to drive home?” Before he could answer, a white Hummer H2 filled with high-school students rumbled past us, swerved and shunted into the back of a LADP squad car, which was parked on the central reservation.

The police car bounced forward with an indignant squawk, causing it to smash into another LAPD vehicle, which was parked in front of it. For about half a second, the patio of the Saddle Ranch fell silent. Then, as four whiplashed, angry and heavily armed patrol officers stumbled out of their cars, the Hummer reversed, corrected its path, and continued westward, with rather more urgency than before. The patio burst into spontaneous applause.

“Oh dear,” said Jeff, a celebrity photographer who knows a thing or two about the traffic laws of Los Angeles. “Hitting a squad car while driving under the influence is a federal offence. Leaving the scene of a federal offence? That’s, oh, 15 years. Easy.”

Within seconds, four highway patrol motorbikes had flanked the Hummer and brought it to a halt at the roadside. The driver, I assume, is still in jail.

So my lesson was this: nearly everyone who drinks and drives in Los Angeles ends up drinking and driving. Not that Angelinos will ever admit it. During my first few months in California, I kept being invited to restaurants or bars that were halfway up mountains, on remote beaches, or out in the desert suburbs. No one took taxis.

There was no public transport. The car parks were full. Yet everyone seemed to drink. It didn’t make sense.

Then an American friend gave me a lift to one of these bars, where he quickly sank four rum and Cokes. As he climbed back into his BMW, he said: “One day, when I’m not driving, we should go out and have a drink.” From then it all started to make sense.

I mention all of this, of course, because of Oliver Stone’s arrest this Memorial Day weekend for drink-driving and drugs. Consuming alcohol before operating a vehicle is more than usually stupid in Los Angeles, where you stand as much chance of hitting a Beverly Hills lawyer as you do the kerb. It is prize-winningly stupid during the Memorial Day holiday — the official start of summer — when LADP officers set-up “mobile command centres” along Sunset Strip, complete with random alcohol-testing facilities and flatbed lorries on to which they will roll your car after giving you a fine, a ban and a date with a judge.

But the Oscar-winning film director’s behaviour doesn’t surprise me. Angelinos are some of the laziest, most selfish people on earth. I know this because I’m one of them. I will get in my car to cross the road, then valet-park when I get there. The very thought of Angelinos taking taxis to restaurants or bars is laughable. This is a city where every second car is a Bentley Continental. Turning up for dinner at Morton’s in a Checker Cab, while trying to convince the Armenian driver to wait for you, would be social suicide.

Fortunately, I’m such a bad driver when sober that I would never risk limiting my concentration further with booze. Alas, I cannot say the same thing for my friends.

“The safest way to drink and drive is to avoid Sunset Strip and take Mulholland Drive,” a friend told me, with a straight face, at a barbecue on Sunday. Mulholland, I should add, is one of the most treacherous stretches of road anywhere in California, traversing the crest of the Santa Monica mountains from east to west. The LAPD doesn’t patrol it, because it assumes no one would be stupid enough to drive along it drunk.

“As long as you don’t fall into a canyon, or get lost, you’re fine,” continued my friend.

It was then, of course, that she offered me a ride home in her Porsche. I politely declined.

Next Memorial Day, I plan to drink at home.

War Reporting for Cowards, by Chris Ayres, will be published by John Murray on June 6.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,20910-1634717,00.html
[Edited by MrPleasant]
May 30th, 2005 10:41 PM
corgi37 Ollie on drugs?

That explains "Alexander"!!!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)