ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
June 14, 1991
© 1991 Associated Newspapers Archive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NEW YORK DOLLS/Sayreville NJ nsc Return to archive
May 28th, 2005 11:07 AM
FPM C10 I just saw that the New York friggin' Dolls are playing the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville NJ on Aug 12 for TWENTY BUCKS. That's right, TWENTY DOLLARS.

Anybody know anything about this venue? Where is Sayreville? Their line-up of shows for the summer looks like half cool stuff (Dolls, Buddy Guy) and half horrendous stuff (Whitesnake, Marshall Tucker).

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/933691

At the risk of starting another fight about whether they should be called the New York Dolls or not, I must exhort everyone who loves real rock and roll to go to this show.

TWENTY BUCKS!!!!
[Edited by FPM C10]
May 28th, 2005 02:20 PM
crb69 Hey man Thanks for the announcement! My buddy is gonna shit when he finds out I got tickets to this show. He wanted to go last month to NYC and couldn't make it. I recently heard a show by these guys recorded a few months ago and they rocked! I've never been to this club but it's 10 minutes from my crib so we're goin'. The place is the old Hunka Bunka ballroom in Sayreville, NJ. It's a small intimate club with a bar and lot's of major acts have been playing there recently. The place is not too far from route 9 and about 40 minutes from NYC...

Thanks again for the RNR news! At least I'll see a good rock show this summer if I can't get Stones tickets - missed out on the Giants show; couldn't get through for decent seats on the Ticketbastard site.
May 28th, 2005 03:57 PM
Mel Belli Gazza will be delighted to know that Sayreville is the proud home of the former Jon Bongiovi.
May 28th, 2005 09:05 PM
FPM C10
quote:
crb69 wrote:
Hey man Thanks for the announcement! ...Thanks again for the RNR news! At least I'll see a good rock show this summer if I can't get Stones tickets - missed out on the Giants show; couldn't get through for decent seats on the Ticketbastard site.

Glad to be the bearer of good news!

Miss Youngblood and I are thinking HARD about going to this show...if it was ten minutes away from our house there would be nothing to think about!

I sure hate to speak ill of the Stones...there sure as HELL would never have been any New York Dolls without them...but there's no way in hell to justify the difference between $20 for the show you'll see the Dolls do, and $350 for the Stones. What the hell happened to the middle ground?
May 29th, 2005 10:51 AM
Martha Middle ground has been washed away. There is no more.

Highwater everywhere.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)