ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
June 14, 1991
© 1991 Associated Newspapers Archive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No Backing group might be a good thing? Return to archive
May 28th, 2005 08:22 AM
JaggerLips I was just thinking that the new tour might be better without the backing singers, it would make the songs sound a lot more raw and lets face it we don't pay our money to hear Bernard Fowler to sing now do we?
I love the backing singers they are great don't get me wrong!

I feel just having the Illustrious Four would be a great if not daring idea and yes I think they can pull it off yet again. We don't need the glitz and the glam we just need them Mick's voice and his overall energy, Keiths voice and guitar playing, Ronnie on backing vocals and guitar playing and of course Charlie operating the engine that is his drumkit.

Anybody else looking forward to this one more than the last one just on the basis that it's just going to be them and none of the backing singers?????
May 28th, 2005 08:55 AM
blackandblue The problem is the backing group is a necessity these days. Without them and all the other sidemen it would be a hopeless mess. That's the sad part seeing the Stones live these days. It's not the five of them but you get all these boys and girls who have no talent to start a decent carreer themselves.
May 28th, 2005 11:24 AM
corgi37 Will never happen.

Though, i think it stupid for small club/theatre shows, they use the whole crew. Surely they could ditch a few dozen people.
May 28th, 2005 01:08 PM
CraigP The side-men are not necessary and a distraction from everything. They don't need them, just listen to the press conference show!
May 28th, 2005 04:45 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
CraigP wrote:
The side-men are not necessary and a distraction from everything. They don't need them, just listen to the press conference show!

I have listened to the press conference show, yes the added extras are a distraction.
The four of them are just brilliant by themselves and Keith and Ronnie are on it!
Mick and Charlie always are so that's a given.
May 28th, 2005 04:46 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
It's not the five of them but you get all these boys and girls who have no talent to start a decent carreer themselves.

FIVE???

Excuse me but Bill Wyman left ages ago!
May 28th, 2005 04:57 PM
blackandblue O yes I just forgot. Must be his haunting presence.
May 29th, 2005 09:48 PM
gotdablouse It would likely be a mess yes, and would not come down well in a stadium. Still, I was watching a video of the recent U2 show in San Diego and as much as these boys are sometimes slammed by Stones aficionados it's just the 4 guys on stage, heck, they don't even have a piano player for the intro of "New Year's Days" so The Edge hits the keys. It's not a circus ! At the very least the Stones should dump that Blondie guy, how can they justify his presence !
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)