ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
June 14, 1991
© 1991 Associated Newspapers Archive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oh what a Header! Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 27th, 2005 10:02 AM
Maxlugar Jagger playing the coolest of all guitars...

While wearing the uncoolest of all sweaters...

SWOON!!!

May 27th, 2005 10:11 AM
glencar It was a cool sweater at the time though@!
May 27th, 2005 10:19 AM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
It was a cool sweater at the time though@!

At the risk of angering you and receiving unhinged PMs about it, I would respectfully like to state that at NO time in the history of the world has that sweater ever been cool.
May 27th, 2005 10:23 AM
Maxlugar [quote]FPM C10 wrote:
At the risk of angering you and receiving unhinged PMs about it, I would respectfully like to state that at NO time in the history of the world has that sweater ever been cool.

Yeah and he's wearing the shirt he wore on the inside of High Tides and Green Grass under it!

May 27th, 2005 10:34 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Yeah and he's wearing the shirt he wore on the inside of High Tides and Green Grass under it!

Plus he looks stupid playing a Les Paul. Some guys look like they were BORN with a guitar on their hip (Keith, Woody, Jeff Beck) but Mick always looks like it's the first time he ever picked one up. He looks slightly more natural with a strat.

Same with smoking cigarettes. Keith and Woody were born with smokes, already lit, sticking out of their mouths, but anytime (in the past, I don't think he smokes anymore)you saw Mick with one he looked like a high school girl who, Clintonianly, lit up but didn't inhale.

Just wanted to fit in with the "cool" kids who did!
[Edited by FPM C10]
May 27th, 2005 10:47 AM
moy actually is a cool sweater, a cool guitar and a cool guy
May 27th, 2005 10:51 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]FPM C10 wrote:

Baby you can drive my car...beep beep
May 27th, 2005 11:25 AM
Maxlugar [quote]FPM C10 wrote:
Plus he looks stupid playing a Les Paul. Some guys look like they were BORN with a guitar on their hip (Keith, Woody, Jeff Beck) but Mick always looks like it's the first time he ever picked one up. He looks slightly more natural with a strat.

I'll have to agree. In 1981, he embarrassed us SG players(Mick Taylor, Angus Young, Tony Iommi, Maxlugar) the world over with his lame and very awkward handling of our very cool axe.

You just don't hang an SG off your body then start swiveling your hips with one hand behind your head.

It just doesn't happen.

Maxlugar - Internet Demi-God/ CEO www.maxlugar.com
May 27th, 2005 11:33 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Same with smoking cigarettes. Keith and Woody were born with smokes, already lit, sticking out of their mouths, but anytime (in the past, I don't think he smokes anymore)you saw Mick with one he looked like a high school girl who, Clintonianly, lit up but didn't inhale.

Just wanted to fit in with the "cool" kids who did!

Astute observation. (For the record I love cigarettes...but goddam they're f...in' poison)
May 27th, 2005 11:40 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

SWOON!!!

[ Edited by The Petey ]
[Edited by Joey]
May 27th, 2005 11:49 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

You just don't hang an SG off your body then start swiveling your hips with one hand behind your head.

It just doesn't happen.

****** YOUNG JOEY NOW HUNCHED OVER HIS KEYBOARD , STARING AT HIS COMPUTER and GIGGLING TO HIMSELF HERE AT THE OFFICE *************

JACKY !
May 27th, 2005 11:53 AM
voodoopug welcome back joey!
May 27th, 2005 12:09 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
welcome back joey!

For My Puggy ! Enjoy ! :

May 27th, 2005 12:15 PM
doo doo doo Dude I'd kill for that sweater
May 27th, 2005 12:20 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

JACKY !

That's a Les Paul, Joey. You're responding to Maxy's astute and accurate observations about Mick looking dumb with an SG by showing Petey looking totally cool - but with a Les Paul. Wouldn't be so bad if there weren't plenty of pictures of Pete looking cool playing an SG.

Like:

Now, the ORIGINAL Les Paul models DID look like an SG...but we're getting deep, deep into guitar geek territory here.
[Edited by FPM C10]
May 27th, 2005 01:18 PM
kath that's the ugliest sweater i have ever seen....
May 27th, 2005 01:46 PM
Joey " That's a Les Paul, Joey. You're responding ,,,, observations about Mick looking dumb with an SG by showing Petey looking totally cool - but with a Les Paul. ... "

< -------

Oh , Pick ... Pick ... Pick !!!!!!

Where is me Dope ?!?!

Sassy ! ™

May 27th, 2005 01:50 PM
blackandblue joey you make me

May 27th, 2005 01:54 PM
Joey
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
joey you make me

Blackandblue
(Rocks Off Member ) .................................

Don't you realize that All the Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes ?

[ Edited by Fleabit and his SG ]
[Edited by Joey]
May 27th, 2005 02:03 PM
gypsy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Whatever. Like anyone could ever really KNOW that.
May 27th, 2005 02:05 PM
Joey " Whatever. Like anyone could ever really KNOW that. "
|
|
|
|
V

May 27th, 2005 02:33 PM
FPM C10
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Whatever. Like anyone could ever really KNOW that.

I'm sorry. You're right. That is a beautiful sweater. I hope he wears it this tour.

I don't know WHAT I was thinking!
May 27th, 2005 02:47 PM
Honky Tonk Man It WAS at first glance, but am I the only one here who thought it was Mick Taylor?

It's an atrocious jumper. I don't care what year it is; there is never an excuse. I actually think I had a very similar sweater when I was about five. My Nan knitted it for me. Anyway, has Mick Jagger EVER been cool? I'd always have him down as the least cool Stone.
May 27th, 2005 02:54 PM
glencar No, that would have been Bill Wyman.
May 27th, 2005 02:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Whatever. Like anyone could ever really KNOW that. "
|
|
|
|
V

i support you...you have the army behind you.

May 27th, 2005 03:02 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i support you...you have the army behind you.

Well , I AM a card carrying member :

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jersey Joe

May 27th, 2005 03:24 PM
blackandblue
quote:
Joey wrote:

Well , I AM a card carrying member :

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jersey Joe

[Edited by blackandblue]
May 27th, 2005 03:41 PM
glencar http://www.creemmagazine.com/ArchiveImages/1975_08.jpg
May 27th, 2005 03:46 PM
Joey
May 27th, 2005 03:51 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
Anyway, has Mick Jagger EVER been cool?

Yes. I would even say nowadays he's cooler than Keith. All Keith does today is kiss his own ass about how cool he used to be, his ego is bigger than Mick's.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)