ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
June 14, 1991
© 1991 Associated Newspapers Archive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Any stage design ideas? Return to archive
May 25th, 2005 12:29 PM
Matt Lacroix What do you all think the stage will look like?
May 25th, 2005 01:42 PM
ListenToTheLion well there must be at least room for 13 people...
(5 stones and 8 backup shit)
May 25th, 2005 02:33 PM
gimmekeef How about a giant cash register.....The drawer opens and out pop the Stones.....
May 25th, 2005 03:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
How about a giant cash register.....The drawer opens and out pop the Stones.....

I predict instead of red confetti being shot out during JJF, there will be fake money with the bands image on the bills
May 25th, 2005 03:43 PM
ListenToTheLion Why fake?
May 25th, 2005 05:13 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
How about a giant cash register.....The drawer opens and out pop the Stones.....

something like this?

May 25th, 2005 06:41 PM
Saint Sway I like this stage design. Cool vibe.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y78/jkind/050510-11%20Orpheum/?action=view¤t=DSCN0640.jpg
May 26th, 2005 10:30 PM
corgi37 I want the octopus design some people were referring to during the Licks tour.

I just hope it looks better than the stadium stage for the last tour. That looked boring as bat shit.
May 26th, 2005 10:50 PM
Bob Tamp I was also disappointed with the Licks staging considering what we had to pay for tickets. I thought Bridges, Voodoo, and Steel Wheels stages were a lot more imaginative. The Licks staging was actually kind of boring.

I also thought the arena staging was kind of drab. I thought the staging for NO SECURITY was better.
May 27th, 2005 10:59 AM
Matt Lacroix neither the Licks nor No security arena stages were any good, they were both stripped down. some people like it though...
May 28th, 2005 08:27 AM
JaggerLips How about the Tongue and Lip but with the tongue as the stage and then they can all come out of a black hole at the back, being the throat and have the lips covered in red glitter and red lights??????

May 28th, 2005 05:18 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I like this stage design. Cool vibe.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y78/jkind/050510-11%20Orpheum/?action=view¤t=DSCN0640.jpg

on second thought... if we can't get that stage, maybe we'd be better off just getting the kick ass musicians playing on that stage to play Stones songs for us.
May 29th, 2005 04:19 PM
Jaxx prince had a great stage design. it was circular with mini catwalks jutting out at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock spots in the center of the arena. he worked the whole stage with musicians anchored at various points around the circle. everyone in the whole arena had a great seat with that center stage in the round. i hope the stones do something similar to that.
May 29th, 2005 09:10 PM
Poplar
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
...center stage in the round. i hope the stones do something similar to that.

not likely, i'm affraid.
May 30th, 2005 12:32 PM
Matt Lacroix was their '75 tour stage a 360°, or was it just like any other one? And Jagger Lips, i saw a picture of that stage, its been done before, around the late 70's or early 80's
May 30th, 2005 12:41 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Matt Lacroix wrote:
was their '75 tour stage a 360°, or was it just like any other one? And Jagger Lips, i saw a picture of that stage, its been done before, around the late 70's or early 80's

Knebworth '76
May 30th, 2005 02:19 PM
blackandblue on stage the band has got problems.

Left to right: sarah wood, bobby keys, bernard fowler, alice snitzer, andy snitzer, patricia keys, kent smith, charlie watts, michael davis, mick jagger, chuck leavall, keith richards (with hat), blondie chaplin, lisa fischer, sylvia watts, charlie watts, pierre de beauport, Ron Wood (lying on the floor)

absent: audience allowed to sit on stage.

May 30th, 2005 02:22 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Matt Lacroix wrote:
And Jagger Lips, i saw a picture of that stage, its been done before, around the late 70's or early 80's

Outdoor shows on the 78 tour.
May 30th, 2005 03:16 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
Matt Lacroix wrote:
was their '75 tour stage a 360°, or was it just like any other one? And Jagger Lips, i saw a picture of that stage, its been done before, around the late 70's or early 80's

So they can do it again???
THIS time they can use the lips as a kind of seating area for the people lucky enough to get onstage tickets.
May 30th, 2005 10:47 PM
corgi37 Cool pic, blackandblue.

Nice to see 2 Charlie Watts in the same photo.

You can never have enough Charlie Watts.
May 30th, 2005 11:05 PM
Soldatti LOL. Funny post blackandblue, it seems so real.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)