ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
June 14, 1991
© 1991 Associated Newspapers Archive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beast of Burden Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 27th, 2005 07:07 PM
T&A [quote]FPM C10 wrote:
I thought the version on Live Licks was called "Beast of Baden"???

I assumed it was about a German werewolf.

I've been assuming he was singing "Beast of Bottle" - that made some sense to me although I don't know why he would change the title-lyric of a song...
May 27th, 2005 11:07 PM
BILL PERKS [quote]FPM C10 wrote:
I thought the version on Live Licks was called "Beast of Baden"???

AMEN-GREAT SONG THAT SHOULD BE A STAPLE ..THE BAND PLAYS THESE MID TEMPO TRACKS WAY BETTER THAN THE FAST ONES
May 28th, 2005 01:33 AM
texile haven't found it on cd, though it must exist somewhere......
i only have on a vinyl boot;
the sound quality sucks, but it's great anyway.
May 28th, 2005 07:29 AM
Bitch Great tune, and would love to see it played ON STAGE. Whoever made the reference to the Sat Nite Live show, saying "you know what happened" please remind me of what happened. Am I forgetting something? Too many burnt out brain cells to remember it - somebody, please, please, please? "Am I hard enough?, Am I rough enough?, Am I rich enough?

Yes MICK, Yes!
May 28th, 2005 04:47 PM
Marianne I LOVE this song. It is so lovely, one of the sweeter songs that the Stones have done.
May 30th, 2005 09:54 AM
Surround Sister Hate to be negative; but I always click past this song if its on a disc. Sorry... Think Bette Midler destroyed it forever in the 80´s. I could maybe start to like it again (maybe therapy would help...).
May 31st, 2005 07:21 AM
Rutger Beast of Burden is one of those songs that truly ranks as a classic. It just makes me smile (even without hearing it) everytime. I don't think anyone ever laid down such a great groove as the Stones did on this one.
May 31st, 2005 10:44 AM
Jaxx my favorite version of this tune is the acoustic that can be found on "stripped companion". tear jerkin sweet as well as take off your clothes sexxy.
May 31st, 2005 09:46 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Surround Sister wrote:
Sorry... Think Bette Midler destroyed it forever in the 80´s.

Totally agree.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)