ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
June 14, 1991
© 1991 Associated Newspapers Archive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Are you too old to listen Stones? Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 24th, 2005 08:33 PM
Jair A weird question, i know.
It happens that a friend of mine, Paula, just said to me I'm too old - I'm 43 yrs - to listen Gorillaz, a band that I love.

So, I'm wondering: are we too old to Stones?
Also, do you agree to my friend, who says Gorillaz is a band to teenagers?

Well, obviously i don't think like her. I think Gorillaz good and funny. That's all.

May 24th, 2005 08:41 PM
corgi37 There aint no age for rock and roll.
May 24th, 2005 09:36 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Jair wrote:
Also, do you agree to my friend, who says Gorillaz is a band to teenagers?

Yep, but nothing wrong if you want to hear them.
May 25th, 2005 07:21 AM
egon if anything we might be too YOUNG to listen to the stones
May 25th, 2005 07:22 PM
Soldatti LOL Egon, that's funny.
May 26th, 2005 12:59 AM
sammy davis jr. I agree.....I mean they're rocking grandpa's and stuff.
May 26th, 2005 01:27 AM
Child of the Moon I'm 21, but I've been a hardcore Stones fan since I was 15, which at the time was very much considered by friends and relatives to be "too young" to listen to most of the music I dug, including the Stones. Hell, I still get that "too young" crap. What I think is that, if you like it, fucking listen to it. There are many kids my age and younger who dig the Rat Pack just as much as anything going on today. You're never too young or too old to enjoy music - music is just there, ripe for the picking, and there shouldn't be these pre-conceived notions about who should listen to what or what kind of age group should be enjoying certain sounds. If you like Bach, listen to Bach. If you like the Beatles, listen to the Beatles. If you like the Eagles, then yer a fucking sicko. ;-) But age shouldn't play a part in what you listen to and enjoy, nor should color or anything else.

I have a dream, Ronnie!
May 26th, 2005 07:58 AM
Gazza never too old or too young to listen to them for the reasons Corgi says

only problem these days is being too POOR to see them!
May 26th, 2005 08:27 AM
Madafaka Yep, I think that a band who show cartoons on their videos is a teenagers band. But if you like it, go ahead!
May 26th, 2005 09:47 AM
FPM C10 I'm 47 and definitely not too old for the Stones. I definitely AM too old for Ashlee Simpson, or any performers who got their start in the Mickey Mouse Club, but that's about it. And actually more a matter of taste than age.

I was just talking to Candace about this last night. A lot of people in my generation seem to have a hard time growing up. Personally I think that's a good thing. I also think that having our childhood heroes, like the Stones and Dylan, still out kicking everyone's ass has a LOT to do with it. THEY never grew up, why the hell should I?

I AM afraid that the day the Stones retire, for whatever reason, I'm going to wake up and be 1000 years old.

[Edited by FPM C10]
May 26th, 2005 09:56 AM
Candace Youngblood Yes, but you'll be waking up next to your hot, young girlfriend, so that should make you feel young again.

May 26th, 2005 10:15 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:
Yes, but you'll be waking up next to your hot, young girlfriend, so that should make you feel young again.

I'm sorry, Miss Youngblood, but glencar has assured me privately that you are ME, so this post smacks of onanism.

PS I left my tinfoil hat on the nightstand - do you have an extra one I can wear?

May 26th, 2005 10:40 AM
Candace Youngblood Get over it. Please. It's annoying.
May 26th, 2005 11:05 AM
Factory Girl FPM, do you partake in self-love with Oscar Wilder Than You?
May 26th, 2005 11:30 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
FPM, do you partake in self-love with Oscar Wilder Than You?

Wh-wh-a-a-a-at??? THAT would be SICK! I heard he's G-A-Y!

quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:

Get over it. Please. It's annoying.

I know. It makes metallic crinkling noises when I pull it down over my ears.
I may switch to one of these.

[Edited by Wilhelm Reich]
[Edited by FPM C10]
May 26th, 2005 12:20 PM
Factory Girl FPM wrote:

Wh-wh-a-a-a-at??? THAT would be SICK! I heard he's G-A-Y!

Not that there's anything wrong with that! Or, is there???
May 26th, 2005 01:56 PM
Saint Sway you're never too old to listen to and enjoy rock and roll. Provided that you're still willing to rock.

however... if you one of those people who on the past Stones tours went to the show and SAT there throughout the show with your hands on your lap, then do please do me and everyone else at the show a favor and STAY THE FUCK HOME.

If you can't stand up, dance, sing and have a good time for a mere 90 minutes at a Stones show then DON'T FUCKING BOTHER GOING.

if you think that you need to sit at a Stones show then I suggest that you are better suited to just stay home and listen to Billy Joel.

thank you
[Edited by Saint Sway]
May 26th, 2005 03:54 PM
glencar Which brings up the question: Do people stand up at Billy Joel concerts? Did they ever?
May 26th, 2005 05:42 PM
Gazza yes. they stand up at the end so that they can go home
May 26th, 2005 05:49 PM
ListenToTheLion A much more interesting question is: which idiot has invented to place chairs on a field in a stadium? That's the reason I never will attend a concert in an American stadium again. Complete madness.
May 26th, 2005 05:58 PM
Joey [quote]FPM C10 wrote:

I know. It makes metallic crinkling noises when I pull it down over my ears.
I may switch to one of these.

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! .... That is MY Tardrite !!!!

[ Edited by Shecky ]

[Edited by Joey]
May 26th, 2005 06:08 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yes. they stand up at the end so that they can go home

LOL You know, I once met Billy Joe. It was at some charity event. I'll sell you his autograph for 2 pounds.
May 26th, 2005 07:34 PM
tumbling dice I like Stones and Goryllas too,when the music is good it doesn´t matter
May 26th, 2005 09:06 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

however... if you one of those people who on the past Stones tours went to the show and SAT there throughout the show with your hands on your lap, then do please do me and everyone else at the show a favor and STAY THE FUCK HOME.

Amen, my brother. I was surrounded by a crazy amount of these people at Tacoma three years ago. At one point I actually scolded them, "Stand the fuck up!" They looked at me like I was on something. Perhaps I was.
May 27th, 2005 01:29 AM
Brainbell Jangler Actually, Child of the Moon, I'm pretty sure you WEREN'T on anything at the Tacoma show. Though you certainly could have been if you had wanted to!

I wholeheartedly agree about those lame-os who sit through Stones concerts. I was up in the stands for the first Bridges show in Portland. No one was standing, so I was stuck sitting to avoid problems. But before the encore, I told them all, "Look, I sat through the whole show. But there is NO WAY I'm sitting down for Jumpin' Jack Flash"! I got up and danced, but the rest of them sat through that, too. Thankfully I was in the fifth row the next night.

The funniest thing I've experienced along this line was at Oakland during the Voodoo tour. We were on the floor in the seventh row. When the inro music before Not Fade Away started, everyone jumped up (of course). Some guy behind me actually yelled, "Sit down!" I hollered back, "Stand up!" and proceeded to enjoy a great show.
May 28th, 2005 11:39 AM
HellsRollingThunder You got that right people! If ya wanna rock go ahead and rock and
roll and dance your butt off to the ROLLING STONES!! I am older
than ALL OF YOU (and I DON'T CARE) and I have danced and
rocked to the Stones since I was 14 years old.

THERE AIN'T NO BAND BETTER THAN THE ROLLING STONES!!

IF THEY CAN ROCK FOR 40 YEARS WHY CAN WE?

Did anyone listen to the E-Card on the RS. com website where
they show the slide with the guys, and that good ole Rockin
Stones music is goin on?!
May 28th, 2005 12:57 PM
janzy Never too old! I'm 56 and still an avid fan.
I've seen the Stones at the Manning Bowl in Lynn, Ma in 1966 and every other time that they have been to Boston.
May 28th, 2005 04:55 PM
JaggerLips I'm 21 and am into the old stuff and the new stuff
music defies age!!!!

God people still listen to Mozart and Beethoven et al and they haven't had a record out in years ;-) unlike Elvis funny how he can still churn out records from the grave? LOL

If you like the sound of something then what are you to do? You go out and buy the cd, if you don't like something don't buy it.
May 28th, 2005 05:10 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:

Amen, my brother. I was surrounded by a crazy amount of these people at Tacoma three years ago. At one point I actually scolded them, "Stand the fuck up!" They looked at me like I was on something. Perhaps I was.

right on Child! You got the right attitude!

good for you! Mick is 61 and he works his ass off EVERY night to get people up and out of their seats.

the deadbeats that just sit and stare need to be subjected to lifetime of Celine Dion performances
May 28th, 2005 05:15 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
When the inro music before Not Fade Away started, everyone jumped up (of course). Some guy behind me actually yelled, "Sit down!" I hollered back, "Stand up!" and proceeded to enjoy a great show.

RIGHT ON!

Brainbell Jangler, you and Child of The Moon are my heroes!

keep up the good work!

I really think that all us RocksOffers should make it our responsiblility on this tour to encourage everyone to get up off their asses. I can not understand the mentality of people yelling "sit down" at A STONES CONCERT!! Its ridiculous!

time to start firing back: STAND UP

hope to see y'all "drinkin and dancin" at a show real soon!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)