ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
June 14, 1991
© 1991 Associated Newspapers Archive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Top 100 movies Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 24th, 2005 02:20 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

My Puggy ........................................

HERE's a little something to make you feel better :

[ Edited by Steelie ]
[Edited by Joey]

This does help.

for my joey:

May 24th, 2005 05:49 PM
Joey
quote:
Jair wrote:

Damn, how could someone be so beautiful?!

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!

May 24th, 2005 08:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Top 5 Drinking Movies
(from www.briansbelly.com)

5. Swingers (1996)

Who's Soused: Vince Vaughn, Jon Favreau, Ron Livingstone

Written by wannabe smoothie, Jon Favreau, this slight comedy doesn't go very deep, but it does "superficial" better than most. They're drunk in L.A., they're drunk in Vegas, they're drunk in L.A. again. Luckily alcohol makes the perfect bedfellow for Vince's every monologue on womanizing. Beautiful babies abound in this economical, talky flick. Watching the sun come up through a trailer window with two aspiring actresses, getting through a Hollyweird party, or licking the wounds that only being turned down for the role of Goofy can cause, that demon alcohol finds its way into all the characters' hands sooner or later. You can watch the imbibing fun from the safety of your own home, resting secure in the knowledge that the Swing music resurgence is once again, mercifully, dead.

Major Drunk Scene: Nothing goes better after a long night of drinking than a heavy, greasy meal at your favorite diner. Especially when Vince decides that "you're all grows up!" Standing atop a table full of waffles and swinging his shirt over his head, Vince's Trent is the ultimate "Can't-take-him-anywhere" friend. Personality plus!

Message: Your friends are all jerks, so just be yourself. Oh, wait... you're a jerk too? Doesn't matter, Heather Graham will still want you.

4. What! No Beer? (1933)

Who's Soused: Buster Keaton

Buster's last starring feature in America, and the only major attempt by MGM to pair Buster with Jimmy Durante, Beer features Great Stone Face and The Schnoz as bootleggers during prohibition. If Beer's subject matter didn't already ensure its inclusion here, the fact that Buster was actually drunk during its filming must. Just two weeks out of rehab, Buster still needed a stay-at-home nurse, Mae Scriven, to help keep him off the bottle while filming Beer. Two weeks later, Buster wed Mae in a Mexican service, blitzed out of his gourd. Buster never had such a stone face as in his own dazed wedding photos. Luckily the marriage wasn't legal as he was still married to his wife, Natalie. Talk about walking the drunken walk!

Major Drunk Scene: It's an ironic feast for the senses as Buster uses his vaudevillian's chops to evade rolling barrels of beer careening down a hill at break-neck speed. Never before has any actor been literally chased on film by the cause of his own eventual physical breakdown.

3. National Lampoon's Animal House (1978)

Who's Soused: John Belushi, Tom Hulce, Stephen Furst, Peter Riegert, Tim Matheson, and, yes... D-Day

Delta fraternity has the worst house on campus, the worst incoming pledges and get the worst grades in school. But they know how to party. Single-handedly responsible for popularizing toga parties, this John Landis gem also brought binge-drinking, peeping toms, road trips, "Louie Louie" and Otis Day and the Nights back into vogue. Why drink to excess? Maybe because you scored a zero on your last test, you're on double secret probation or there's a golf ball in your soup. Or so you'll have the uncontrollable urge to break Steven Bishop's guitar into a million pieces. The rest of the party-goers will thank you.

Major Drunk Scene: With a devil on one shoulder, an angel on the other, and a drunken underage girl passed out in front of him, buzzed toga-reveler Tom Hulce does the right thing and takes the poor girl home. God bless Hollywood.

Message: You don't have to drink away your money... you can drink away your parents' money.

New! Double Secret Probation Edition available!

2. Barfly (1987)

Who's Soused: Who Isn't?

Charles Bukowski's autobiographical slice of skid-row life follows the day-to-day ramblings and rumblings of Henry Chinaski, a part-time poet, full-time drunk, played ably by Mickey Rourke. Gee, ya think he practiced much for the role? His face looks like a callused gorilla's hand. Even Faye Dunaway manages to look like a lizard-skinned Weimaraner in this stripped-bare portrait of low-living excess. Did someone say Frank Stallone? Yes, he's here too, as Chinaski's worst enemy and only shot at any sense of pride. Would you believe that egocentric bartender Frank dishes out more punches in two minutes than his brother Sly did in five Rocky's? Luckily for Chinaski, in the down-and-out world of professional drunks, there's always a rematch. It's just a matter of ingesting the right fuel, and pouring the same for "all my frieeeeeeends!!!"

Major Drunk Scene: Tough choice, but we'll have to go with the final triumphant slugfest between bartender Frank and drunk-ass Mickey. This scene is not just notorious for its realistic street-fighting, but for possibly being that imperceptible push towards becoming a real-life boxer that was the death knell of Rourke's career.

Message: Heavy drinking never pays, except if you can write well...about heavy drinking.

1. Strange Brew (1983)

Who's Soused: Bob and Doug McKenzie (Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas)

Filmed in "Hoserama," this film really wears its inebriating influence on its sleeve. Straight from the files of SCTV, Bob and Doug come screaming out of the Great White North to open a brewery, but encounter problems along the way that are strangely reminiscent of Shakespeare's Hamlet. Coincidence? Not really, as the pair of directors based their movie, very loosely, on the bard's masterwork. As you might imagine, there's beer here, lots of beer, not just being ingested in copious amounts, but pushing the (throat clearing) plot along and giving brewery owners Bob and Doug the chance to do some of their funniest set pieces. Max von Sydow is on board as the evil Brewmeiser Smith, fresh off his successful turn as Ming the Merciless in Flash Gordon. And Mel Blanc blesses the film with one of his last voiceovers.

Major Drunk Scene: There's something rotten in the state of mental health, as Bob and Doug join the dumbest hockey game this side of the Hansen brothers family picnic. They also take satirical jabs at Return of the Jedi back when it was topical, unlike Mel Brooks (and Rick Moranis) would in Spaceballs four years later. Beauty, eh?

Message: A woman would have to be bombed to appreciate the line: "Geez, you're nice. If I didn't have puke breath, I'd kiss you." Find and marry that woman!

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
May 24th, 2005 08:44 PM
corgi37 Where the hell is Night of the living dead, or the majestic Dawn of the dead?
May 24th, 2005 08:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Where the hell is Night of the living dead, or the majestic Dawn of the dead?

Yeah. really. And where's "Freaks", the best B movie ever made.

http://freaks.cinephiles.net/

May 24th, 2005 11:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Yeah. really. And where's "Freaks", the best B movie ever made.

http://freaks.cinephiles.net/

sadly, we have all forgot one of the all time greats:

(edited by ladyjane)

[Edited by voodoopug]
May 25th, 2005 03:48 PM
Joey
2. Barfly (1987)

Who's Soused: Who Isn't?

Charles Bukowski's autobiographical slice of skid-row life follows the day-to-day ramblings and rumblings of Henry Chinaski, a part-time poet, full-time drunk, played ably by Mickey Rourke. Gee, ya think he practiced much for the role? His face looks like a callused gorilla's hand. Even Faye Dunaway manages to look like a lizard-skinned Weimaraner in this stripped-bare portrait of low-living excess. Did someone say Frank Stallone? Yes, he's here too, as Chinaski's worst enemy and only shot at any sense of pride. Would you believe that egocentric bartender Frank dishes out more punches in two minutes than his brother Sly did in five Rocky's? Luckily for Chinaski, in the down-and-out world of professional drunks, there's always a rematch. It's just a matter of ingesting the right fuel, and pouring the same for "all my frieeeeeeends!!!"

Major Drunk Scene: Tough choice, but we'll have to go with the final triumphant slugfest between bartender Frank and drunk-ass Mickey. This scene is not just notorious for its realistic street-fighting, but for possibly being that imperceptible push towards becoming a real-life boxer that was the death knell of Rourke's career.

Message: Heavy drinking never pays, except if you can write well...about heavy drinking."

Thanks TTM ...................................

" Barfly " is a favorite of The Joey's

" Poor Mickey Rourke -- He had one HELL of a career going there for awhile Ronnie ! "

J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jack J Ja Jac Jacky

Jacky ! ™
May 25th, 2005 04:00 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
4. What! No Beer? (1933)

Who's Soused: Buster Keaton

Buster's last starring feature in America, and the only major attempt by MGM to pair Buster with Jimmy Durante, Beer features Great Stone Face and The Schnoz as bootleggers during prohibition. If Beer's subject matter didn't already ensure its inclusion here, the fact that Buster was actually drunk during its filming must. Just two weeks out of rehab, Buster still needed a stay-at-home nurse, Mae Scriven, to help keep him off the bottle while filming Beer. Two weeks later, Buster wed Mae in a Mexican service, blitzed out of his gourd. Buster never had such a stone face as in his own dazed wedding photos. Luckily the marriage wasn't legal as he was still married to his wife, Natalie. Talk about walking the drunken walk!

That's my boy! Long live Buster Keaton!

And Freaks is not the best b-movie ever made; it's up there, but it's not the best.
May 26th, 2005 03:10 AM
mickey rourke
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Poor Mickey Rourke -- He had one HELL of a career going there for awhile Ronnie ! "

whys everyone on this board against micky rourke

i was the greatest
May 26th, 2005 03:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels CAINE DISCOVERS CASABLANCA SECRET

Actor SIR MICHAEL CAINE was stunned to discover classic 1942 movie CASABLANCA was written while a scriptwriter was waiting for a set of traffic lights to change.

The ALFIE star, who counts the film as one of his all-time favourites, was determined to find out how the complex screenplay came about.

But when he finally met one of the writers, he found a majority of the script was conceived while sitting in Hollywood traffic.

He recalls, "I met one of Casablanca's scriptwriters and I was in awe of him, asking him how he managed to pull off this chaotic, multi-cultural script.

"He told me the majority of it was written in his car, waiting for the lights to change at the Hollywood Hills.

"I laughed because I know those lights and they certainly are slow. "

contact music
26/05/2005 14:07

May 26th, 2005 03:42 PM
mac_daddy thanks 10km - intersting anecdote.

i tell ya, that soCal is a magical place!!!
May 26th, 2005 03:51 PM
glencar Jon Podhoetz calls the upcoming "Cinderella Man" one of the greatest of all time. Doesn't it take time to figure these things out?
May 26th, 2005 04:02 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Jon Podhoetz calls the upcoming "Cinderella Man" one of the greatest of all time. Doesn't it take time to figure these things out?

I thought THIS was the Greatest of ALL TIME :

May 26th, 2005 04:04 PM
glencar She's in some hot new TV ad that has some folks upset? What gives?
May 26th, 2005 04:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:

HILTON LOVES HER NATURAL BREASTS
Socialite PARIS HILTON was desperate for breast enhancement at the age of 16, but now she is relieved she kept her natural chest because a surgically-enhanced bust looks "deformed".

The blonde heiress is pleased with her decision as she prefers the freedom of going bra-less than having to support two surgically enlarged assets.

She recalls, "When I was younger, like 16, I wanted bigger breasts so bad. I was begging my dad, 'Can I have a boob job?'

"But when I turned 18, I was like, 'I'm not getting them. They look deformed.'

"I'd rather not have any and not have to wear a bra."

26/05/2005 17:41

May 26th, 2005 04:13 PM
glencar She needs to tell all this to Lindsay Lohan, not us!
May 26th, 2005 04:15 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
She needs to tell all this to Lindsay Lohan, not us!

May 26th, 2005 04:19 PM
glencar Newsweek had a new pic of her. She lost about 30 lbs. They hint that she's anorexic.
May 26th, 2005 04:30 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Newsweek had a new pic of her. She lost about 30 lbs. They hint that she's anorexic.

" LOSING LINDSAY? "

" Howard was shocked at how bad Lindsay Lohan looked on this week's Saturday Night Live. Howard thinks she's lost too much weight and it's making her look bad. He thinks she might have lost her looks because she's starting to look like she's 40. Howard said she's gotten so skinny her boobs don't look so great anymore and her head looks huge compared to the rest of her body. He also said her forehead looked really big and her hair looked really bad and unhealthy. Robin said that's probably because she's not eating healthily. Howard said someone might have to do an intervention with her. He said that Saturday Night Live sucked as usual but he really likes Maya Rudolph on the show. Howard said that there are actually a lot of funny girls on SNL now. Howard wasn't into this week's musical guest Coldplay, but figured they might be more of a chick band because Beth Ostrosky really liked them. Howard thinks it was a bad move for lead singer Chris Martin to marry Gwyneth Paltrow because now he's just Paltrow's husband and not a cool guy in a band so Howard just wasn't feeling it "

http://www.howardstern.com/today-show-archive.php?sf=3&p=&v=View+Show&m=05&d=24
May 26th, 2005 04:32 PM
glencar Coldplay is the world's #2 band, after U2. Ho don't know what HE wants!
May 26th, 2005 04:36 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Coldplay is the world's #2 band, after U2. Ho don't know what HE wants!

" Speaking of wiping, after Howard finished his own wiping ritual last night he went to bed to have sex with model girlfriend Beth Ostrosky. Right before he entered the room he let out a big fart to clear his system but then he didn't feel right back there afterwards. He had sex with Beth but kept worrying that he smelled stinky back there. If he did she didn't complain but afterwards she left the room for a few minutes and Howard let out a huge blast. When Beth came back in she said she smelled something gross and Howard immediately blamed their dog, Bianca Romijn-Stamos Stern. Beth didn't buy it though because she said she could smell what she cooked for dinner last night. "

http://www.howardstern.com/today-show-archive.php?sf=3&p=&v=View+Show&m=05&d=24
May 30th, 2005 08:48 AM
Jair
quote:
Joey wrote:

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)