ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
June 14, 1991
© 1991 Associated Newspapers Archive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2nd Wachovia show Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 23rd, 2005 10:07 AM
ResidentMule can anyone tell me the chances of a 2nd show at the Wachovia. one is rumored for the following wednesday on iorr, this one seems completely sold out, I can't get 2 anywhere at any price

I am so fucking pissed now about it giving me those errors last week when I could've had floor seats
May 23rd, 2005 10:13 AM
gimmekeef There are 5 days between Wavovia and Atlanta.My thinking is they would do a second Philly show versus second Atlanta based on market size.Or because ATL sold so well 2 in each Philly and Atl rather than do a mid week show in another city...
May 23rd, 2005 10:18 AM
gimmekeef Philly has been on sale for 15 mins or less...Only singles left unless tickets at 12 per person are hung up in system while people decide to buy or turn them in.No pairs showed up available.....Second show?...
May 23rd, 2005 10:20 AM
ResidentMule i gotta wonder about how they routed the tour this time. the Wachovia & Giants stadium are a month a part, but after Philly they head straight down to Atlanta?

anyway, lets hope they both get added. this could be a pretty lame tour if they're only doing 2 shows a week
May 23rd, 2005 10:25 AM
gimmekeef Resident...why I'm so certain dates will be added in Philly/Atl is that the 5 day gap is the only gap I see of that length.I originally thought they might split the diiference and perhaps do a stadium in Nashville etc but a small market mid week stadium doesnt make sense to me anyway.But heck I saying there'd be overall slow sales due to prices...so there you go,!..Good Luck!
May 23rd, 2005 10:38 AM
ResidentMule yeah, I'm assuming there will be another show. hopefully it'll be easier to get tickets the second time around
May 23rd, 2005 10:42 AM
The_Worst I personally think the second Wachovia show is probably BS & that the second show will actually be a stadium show, probably Citizen's Bank Park... Philly is a huge city and I can't see them playing two stadium shows in Boston & not even one in Philly...I'm also hopping they do the Tower Theatre!!
May 23rd, 2005 10:42 AM
The_Worst I personally think the second Wachovia show is probably BS & that the second show will actually be a stadium show, probably Citizen's Bank Park... Philly is a huge city and I can't see them playing two stadium shows in Boston & not even one in Philly...I'm also hopping they do the Tower Theatre!!
May 23rd, 2005 10:47 AM
gimmekeef There are folks claiming no tickets available right at 10 am start?..If so then yes a stadium in Philly makes sense..size of market alone would seem logical for stadium.As does an investigation into whether Ticketbastards so called secure system and bs type word in the box system has been hacked!The boys are pissin off the faithful...thats very dissapointing...
May 23rd, 2005 10:49 AM
ResidentMule i went browsing on ebay to see what they were going for, and one guy was selling 2 seats saying he'd announce where they were at 10:30 on monday - hadn't even ordered them. what a dick
May 23rd, 2005 10:52 AM
ResidentMule yes right at 10 am it told me I couldn't get 2 tickets anywhere for anyprice. best I can do is a single ticket
so that means everybody joined the fanclub? - bullshit TM
May 23rd, 2005 03:02 PM
Sir Stonesalot I dunno fellas. We may only see an average of 2 shows per week. With the guys getting older, and the health problems that they each face...this tour may be scaled back for recuperation. Not only that, but with U2, Macca, and Springsteen out and about at the same time, as well as most pro sport teams in action at the same time...they may be having problems with venue availability.

BTW, Citizens Bank Park is a baseball only stadium. There is no place to put the stage. The outfield is where most all of the consessions are...they can't block that off. They can't put the stage at home plate becasue they'd lose too many seats, and too many suites. If there is a stadium show in Philly, it will be at Lincoln Field.

I don't see that happening though...Hershey got the Philly stadium show.

May 23rd, 2005 03:43 PM
gimmekeef Sir Stones..good points..yes forgot about proximity of Hershey.That may be it in 2005 then for Philly..but for the sake of all the folks here that got screwed I sure hope not.Hey one national ticket broker is selling a skybox with 30 tickets and refreshments etc in Pittsburgh for only $51,000.....I've got $60 anybody else want to chip in??....lol...Shit we could drink that much booze couldnt we???
May 23rd, 2005 04:35 PM
ResidentMule we need good vibes here SS! they'll add that second Wachovia date seeing as how ticketmaster totally fucked me out of getting tickets at all I'm at least gonna stay optimistic. if that doesn't work then I gotta go with the last minute scalpers which I'd like to avoid. Octobers a long way off anyway so there's no sense worrying about that now.

no doubt their tour iternerary is gonna get even more lax, but and as gimme pointed out before - that is a bit of a gap in the tour
May 23rd, 2005 05:08 PM
Dan Go to IORR and look at the Licks tour schedule. Lots of 5-7 day gaps throughout!

And that Ebay guy - what a crackup!
May 23rd, 2005 05:19 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
Dan wrote:
Go to IORR and look at the Licks tour schedule. Lots of 5-7 day gaps throughout!

where? I mostly just see 3 day gaps. there's a few unconfirmed shows but I would guess most of them are legit (come on, like they aren't gonna do a show in NYC?) - there's a few places they look like they still have to fill in (like between the Giants Stadium and Ohio shows)

quote:

And that Ebay guy - what a crackup!

that kindof pissed me off when I saw that. at least nobody bid on these fictional tickets

I don't understand how I can get locked out for an entire day for using the "search again" feature a bunch of times because they think I'm a scapler, and a guy from Wisconsin can buy 4 fucking tickets for Philly -- is anybody surprised they're showing up on ebay seconds later?
May 23rd, 2005 05:48 PM
Dan
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:

where? I mostly just see 3 day gaps. there's a few unconfirmed shows but I would guess most of them are legit (come on, like they aren't gonna do a show in NYC?) - there's a few places they look like they still have to fill in (like between the Giants Stadium and Ohio shows)

On the Licks tour, in addition to all the 2 and 3 day gaps, there was a week between Hartford Oct 5 and Detroit Oct 12, 5 days between Atlanta Oct 26 and LA Oct 31, more in November and on the Euro tour etc. They need time to count the money.

quote:

that kindof pissed me off when I saw that. at least nobody bid on these fictional tickets

I don't understand how I can get locked out for an entire day for using the "search again" feature a bunch of times because they think I'm a scapler, and a guy from Wisconsin can buy 4 fucking tickets for Philly -- is anybody surprised they're showing up on ebay seconds later?

I dont quite understand that, I looked numerous times for San Diego and Anaheim with no intention of buying anything and never got shut out.
I DID get shut out when Orch section tix for Ozzfest hit TM a few days before the show. Already had weekend plans but frantically tried to re-arrange them while checking every 10 secs to see if the tix were still there!
May 23rd, 2005 06:17 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
BTW, Citizens Bank Park is a baseball only stadium. There is no place to put the stage.

Not so. Jimmy Buffet is doing a concert at Citizens Bank Park this summer.
The stage will be set up in in centerfield, and there will be seats on the field.
I would imagine they could accomodate an October Stones date if need be.
May 23rd, 2005 06:32 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
Dan wrote:
I dont quite understand that, I looked numerous times for San Diego and Anaheim with no intention of buying anything and never got shut out.
I DID get shut out when Orch section tix for Ozzfest hit TM a few days before the show. Already had weekend plans but frantically tried to re-arrange them while checking every 10 secs to see if the tix were still there!

I got section 7 floor spots a number of times but when I tried to buy it gaves me 'internal error' or something. happened like a dozen times last week
May 23rd, 2005 10:13 PM
time is on my side Boy, it seems like everytime the Stones put something on sell, it's either a first day sell out or a near sell out. Right now all that's left in Philly are scattered singles (what's kind of unusual about Philly is that a few of the $450.00 tickets still remain- in other locations those kind are long gone by now).

Will there be a second show in Philly???

It's my guess that Stones management was certainly planning on it. Those rumours of a second show a few days after this one were probably pretty accurate. Like I said, the Stones were in all probability planning it.

However, something has happened that Stones management wasn't planning on that may negate the planned second show in Philly. What happened????

Stones tickets; despite all the naysayers, all the belief that the public wouldn't bite on huge ticket prices (I mean $450.00 a ticket that's just plain ridiculous); have been disappearing as fast as lightning. It's just been amazing. However, there have been a few notable exceptions: Tampa (Florida simply is not Stones country- it's an extremely weak market- can't even get close on an arena show) and Detroit (the economic climate in the Motor City didn't justify a stadium show). The above two are somewhat understandable but there is another city which has surprised just about everyone including possibly Stones management- Hershey.

It was assumed that Hershey would sell out easily. It's by no accident that the Hershey show is scheduled on Saturday. It's within easy driving distance from the Philly and Baltimore metro areas. With all the Stones fans in that general area, a 30,000 seat stadium show was thought to be a cinch. For whatever reason, Hershey just didn't sell. Right now there are plenty of seats available in all price ranges.

What this means is that Stones management may possibly have to rethink a second show in Philly. It may very well have been the Philly arena show and the rumours of a second that may have contributed to Hershey's poor showing. It's appears people living in the Philly and possibly Baltimore area prefer the arena show or shows to an outdoor show in Hershey. A second show in Philly would kill any chance Hershey has to come close to being a sell out.

When you charge high prices, people have to make decisions and it could be that in this particular market, the second show in Philly could be a causality of those decisions.

While it's still possible (maybe even likely) there will still be a second Philly show, I'm going to specualte out of purely selfish motives. If in fact, the Stones rethink a second Philly show, where can they go??? They have free time between Philly and Atlanta. How about a return to the Fox theater in Atlanta??? Doesn't the South deserve a theater show??? The arena show in Atlanta is sold out. The Stones have fond memories of the Fox during their shows there in 1978 and 1981. Why in the hell not??? Can't I dream???

[Edited by time is on my side]
May 23rd, 2005 11:26 PM
Bitch At 10:20 the only seats left were $450.00, whuch I passed on cause I just spent that on Giants Stadium tickets. Waiting for a show at MSG - hope there is one.
May 23rd, 2005 11:47 PM
The_Worst As someone who lives in the Philly area I think what is going on is that the Stones figured they would sell the gig in Hershey first figuring they could grab the Harrisburg & central Pa area as well as many people from the Philly & Baltimore areas...However, I think many Philly people assume there will be a stadium show in Philly either at Citizens Bank or Lincoln Financial. The Wachovia show sold out lightning fast because it's an indoor show and they are traditionally better than stadiums shows (in my opinion anyway). If the Stones do not play a stadium show in Philly then Hershey will be completely sold out because the Philly crowd will decide to make their way there (It's a good hour/hour and a half away)...If they do add a Philly stadium show I believe it will sell out (as will Hershey) but both will take much longer....

Bottom line...the Philly/South Jersey crowd is waiting to see what other shows will be added...
May 24th, 2005 08:25 AM
gimmekeef Other than the expensive floors in second tier it looks like Hershey is now about gone..At least for pairs.The Philly crowd may have switched plans when a second Wachovia was not immediately announced.
May 24th, 2005 01:39 PM
time is on my side
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Other than the expensive floors in second tier it looks like Hershey is now about gone..At least for pairs.The Philly crowd may have switched plans when a second Wachovia was not immediately announced.

Yes, I just now noticed that there seems to have been a recent surge in ticket sales at Hershey. All of the lower priced ticket levels seem to be gone now except for scattered singles. However, there also appears to be a remarkable number of the expensive seats ($350.00) still available. For instance, I put in a request for 6 seats and it came back that these were available. The location was pretty good considering when these tickets first went on sale.

Given this, it can now be assumed that Hershey is becoming close to being classified as a near sell out with people, in this part of the country anyway, having the understandable reluctance to pay $350.00 a ticket (there are still scattered singles available at Philly at the $450.00 price level).

[Edited by time is on my side]
May 24th, 2005 02:24 PM
gimmekeef If anyone in Philly area could swing Toronto or Ottawa ..the presales there are incredible.Yours truly got 2 in second row right up at stage Keith front view for $99 Canadian.Others have too.The ticket plan there is very strange...but I'm not lookin a gift horse...Good Luck!
May 24th, 2005 04:11 PM
mmdog
It also seems that Tampa has had a surge in sales. You can get only get limited view side seating there now. You can't even get the $400 seats anymore. That only leaves the Detroit show with a good amount of seats left.
May 24th, 2005 04:14 PM
glencar They should do "She Was Hot" in Detroit.
May 24th, 2005 04:26 PM
mmdog
It also seems that Tampa has had a surge in sales. You can get only get limited view side seating there now. You can't even get the $400 seats anymore. That only leaves the Detroit show with a good amount of seats left.
May 24th, 2005 05:53 PM
charlotte If anybody needs another show it's Charlotte, NC!!!!think about it Cohl, Sunday night is open! Ask Mick, he really enjoyed the nice parks in Charlotte on his last two visits...
May 24th, 2005 07:18 PM
time is on my side
quote:
mmdog wrote:

Welcome to the board!!! I'm a relative newcomer myself. It's just plain amazing what the Stones are doing!! Charging these kind of prices and getting these kind of results. Yes, I just checked Tampa and things have dramatically changed. What used to be wide open is no more. Nothing left at the lower price range except limited view. I was able to pull up scattered singles at the $400.00 price range. Tampa has suddenly, shockingly moved into the near sell out range. Quite a turn around!!!

Like you said, it appears Detroit is the only remaining site where ticket sales are sluggish.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)