ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympia Stadion, Munich 6th June 2003
By Alexandra Winkler/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Toots & The Maytals Return to archive
06-01-03 04:16 PM
keefa I have "Funky Kingston" and "In the Dark" albums from Toots and I love them. If anyone doesn't have them, buy them you wont be dissapointed. Anyway, for those of you who like them, what album by Toots should I get next? Thanks!

Keefa
06-01-03 04:28 PM
erikjjf At the Licks shows, they play some Toots songs over the PA when the band has left the stage.
"Monkey Man" and "Got To Be There" if I remember correctly.
Will see on Wednesday night!
/Erik.
06-01-03 04:37 PM
Nasty Habits Keefa, the next thing you need is some of the late 60s stuff produced by Leslie Kong. The best CD to get is one on Trojan called "Monkey Man". It's loaded with bonus tracks, sounds great, is pretty cheap, and has some of the most exciting reggae numbers ever. Not only does it have Toots' best song, "54-46 Was My Number", in its best version, but it also has some real, uh, wailers that you can't really find anywhere else.

06-01-03 04:39 PM
Phog "Pass the Pipe" and "Reggae Got Soul" are two more that you

will want to get ahold of.
06-01-03 06:02 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Phog wrote:
"Pass the Pipe" and "Reggae Got Soul" are two more that you

will want to get ahold of.

took the words out of my mouth, phog.
06-01-03 09:32 PM
Phog Hahahaha. You know what they say about great minds thinking

alike and all that. Toots is a freaking stud. Love him.
06-02-03 01:19 PM
Travellin Man I reakon the Maytals are one of the most consistent groups ever, I'm not sure any of their work would leave you disappointed - they also do a mean Start Me Up on the Stones reggae tribute album if my memory serves me.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003