ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympia Stadion, Munich 6th June 2003
By Alexandra Winkler/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bad news: STONES chose B�hse Onkelz (ex-neonazi band) for Hannover show Return to archive
05-31-03 03:06 AM
TT Very bad Stones-news:

Just read in the newspaper (Hamburger Morgenpost) that Peter Schwenkow (head of the DEAG) confirmed that
* the Stones were looking for a German band for the last show in Germany,
* the Stones chose the Onkelz THEMSELVES,
AND
*the STONES KNEW/KNOW (!) of the rightwing (rechtsradikal) attitude of the band.

So this says SCHWENKOW, the German tour promoter. If it�s half true we must blame the Stones, too.

And if it�s true: there will be no chance to stop the BO as Hannover support (except for boycotting the show, like me).

The "Antifaschistische Aktion Hannover" already mentioned to protest against the show on Aug. 8.
05-31-03 05:11 AM
F505 Unbelievable! Is this the Leni Riefenstahl-connection?
They can choose plenty of German bands without a neo-nazi background. I almost long for Heintje...
[Edited by F505]
05-31-03 10:38 AM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
TT wrote:
And if it�s true: there will be no chance to stop the BO as Hannover support (except for boycotting the show, like me).

The "Antifaschistische Aktion Hannover" already mentioned to protest against the show on Aug. 8.

That`s will be the only way - I will boycott the show to.
I live in Bremen/Germany and Hannover will be the nearest show for me, but not with that fucking support!!!!

senn you in munich
05-31-03 11:28 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I don't know, TT. Since you can German, check out their official site, which is what the promoters sent me to when I complained. I can't read it, so I don't know what to think, but it's http://www.onkelz.de/ . The e-mail I got claimed that their skinhead days were over and that they now donate a lot of money to human rights organizations.

I don't know how true that is. Check out their site and get back to us, though, because I don't think the Stones would conciously choose a raving Neo-Nazi band to open for them.

-tSYX --- But it's all over now...
05-31-03 12:09 PM
F505 There is not much to read actually. But it remains strange. Why on earth choose a band with a dubious background?
[Edited by F505]
06-01-03 11:12 AM
shakedhandswithkeith I�m from germany and "The Onkelz" pastime was rightradical! they sung about turkish people and and remember to the jewisch people at the nazi time!!

they change their lyrics a couple of years ago, because they sold more records and get more popular. so the newsletter wrote about their fucking lyrics and the label get nervous.

so if you ask me, they are and will be rightradical
06-02-03 03:34 PM
onkelzfan Ey leute ihr seit aus Deutschland, ihr werdet hier im Forum von allen seiten beschimpft das die Deutschen allesamt nazis sind, und ihr wichser unterst�tzt das auch noch. Meine fresse, ihr wisst nichts �ber die onkelz ausser das ihr vielleicht mal irgendwo geh�rt habt das sei eine nazi band. Zum kotzen.
06-02-03 03:45 PM
F505 Well Onkelfanz, maybe you should start your defence in English because most ot the posters can't read your message. It's is clear you deny the accusations but can you proof the contrary? You don't give any fact to reassure us.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003