ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympia Stadion, Munich 6th June 2003
By Alexandra Winkler/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Luciana talks: Can an ageing star = good dad? (NSC) Return to archive
05-30-03 08:27 PM
Sue Can an ageing star = good dad?
by ALISON ROBERTS, Evening Standard

Luciana Giminez Morad is a former model in her early 30s who had a baby with a music legend.

In an exclusive interview, here she gives her views on what the future holds for the pregnant Lady McCarney.

Luciana Morad, Brazilian model and TV presenter, laughs throatily. "Can Mick still do the dad stuff ? He's not sooo old. When he's with the baby, he looks very young and strong. They play together. Mick has more energy than even me, I think.

It's eight o'clock in the morning in Sao Paulo and four-year-old Lucas, Luciana's son by 59-year-old Mick Jagger, is protesting bitterly and volubly at the imminent prospect of a day at nursery school.

"Normally, he's such a polite, good little boy," she apologises, as Lucas continues to grumble. "We take him to restaurants and he sits still so well while my friends' children climb all over the tables.

Luciana's affair with Jagger in 1998 was the stuff of a thousand newspaper headlines the world over, many of them managing to combine the luridly voyeuristic with the piously sanctimonious. It began at a glamorous post-show party in Rio, where the Rolling Stones were on tour, and ended with Luciana's pregnancy. The consequences were dramatic, grave and joyous for them both.

Lucas arrived, and after a DNA test and a period of rather unseemly legal wrangling, the former lovers settled into a long-distance "friendship" and generous financial arrangement for the benefit of their son.

Relationships between ageing rock stars and gorgeous young models are bound, one might think, to hit the buffers after a mutual extraction of publicity and fun. But what on earth are rock icons like as fathers?

If Heather Mills, at 34, is about to find out (under entirely different circumstances, of course), 33-year-old Luciana Morad has been there, done it, and got the Sticky Fingers T-shirt.

"Mick is very patient with Lucas," she says carefully. "He's a fine father to him. But I think both men, Mick and Paul McCartney, are very, very lucky. Older men don't have all the stresses that a young man has, they've worked through all the questions they once had. They're calmer and they've had kids already. A baby for them is a gift from God."

Sometimes she worries that Lucas is growing up with a distorted view of his parents in particular, and adults in general. Wherever she and Mick happen to be - Paris, London, New York - dad gets recognised, fallen upon, and asked for half-a-dozen autographs. <

"I think he's growing up with the belief that all adults are famous, that everyone asks everyone else for autographs all the time. He's certainly aware of his dad's great fame. Everybody loves Mick Jagger. He used to see Mick's face on the television and run up to it shouting 'Da Da!'"

But what about the other children, the existing McCartneys and Jaggers? The unexpected arrival on the scene of a new partner, or new baby, causes friction in most families, and the ultra-famous are no exception. Lucas was Mick Jagger's seventh child, and his eldest - Karis Jagger, by Marsha Hunt - is the same age as Luciana, who is frank about the problems the affair caused to Mick's home life, and appears to have dealt with the heartache in an unexpectedly mature fashion.

"Heather Mills is obviously married, so it will be much easier for her. For me, I try to stay away from Mick's other lives as much as I can. I want the relationship between Lucas and his siblings to develop without me.

Soon, when Lucas is maybe a year older, she'll send him to see his dad and his dad's other children in the company of a minder, while she stays in Brazil. Despite her diplomacy, the implication is that Luciana really isn't welcome at all among Jagger's Europe-based brood.

She works hard at her TV hostessing, leaving her reasonably modest four bedroom house in a gated compound at 8pm each night, and often not returning until half past midnight. It's important that she's there in the day for Lucas, she says - though single motherhood is a relative term, and Luciana has a full complement of gardeners, pool-cleaners and a full-time nanny.

It was estimated at the time of the court settlement that Jagger agreed to pay �10,000 a month in trans-national child maintenance, as it were, but Luciana won't confirm or deny the figure. "I still earn more myself than he pays for Lucas," she says, "and I'm very, very proud of that.

Because her evenings are occupied, and because she's really extremely famous in Brazil, relationships with men are intensely difficult. Luciana, beautiful and feted, attracts her fair share of weirdos, but so far nothing like marriage material.

"Oh, I had a boyfriend, but it didn't work out," she says, shrugging. "In my life, it's very hard to keep secrets, and he just couldn't handle that."

Like Heather Mills, Luciana wasn't even a twinkle in her own father's eye when the Sixties first began to swing and Jagger to strut his stuff. "My parents weren't into the Stones," she says. "No one I knew was, actually. But now, of course, I love them.

"Lucas knows all the words to the songs, and he always wants me to put his daddy's music on. There's something about Mick, an aura, that really captivates me. I'm sure this is what Heather Mills would say about Paul McCartney, too. She is going to give him such joy in his life."

And with that she departs for the gym, to boost her flagging energy levels. Lack of zest, she confirms, is not a problem the ever-youthful and everpriapic Mick Jagger seems to have.
05-30-03 11:37 PM
J.J.Flash I don't like her, but great article Sue. Many thanks!
Now, the next article would be about the South American Leg.......I'm not joking, really, in fact I can't stop to think about this.....they must come....they owe that..... everybody knows it......
Take care Sue!
Cheers!
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
05-31-03 01:05 PM
Brown Sugar Well, I like her. Alot. she�s quite fine.
05-31-03 01:20 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Brown Sugar wrote:
Well, I like her. Alot. she�s quite fine.

Sorry Brownie, but at this point I don't agree with you fella...... she seems to me very dumb, her show on TV is a shame, of course she isn't a smart woman...maybe funny, but not an intellect person. Anyway, she's quite pretty......OH BABY....TASTY.......Mmmmmm, "gimme little drink from your loving cup......just one drink......"
05-31-03 01:29 PM
Brown Sugar
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

(...) she isn't a smart woman...maybe funny, but not an intellect person (...)

I think she�s smart, she has a child with Mick.

On the other hand, i can�t see problems in no to be an intelect person, as you say...

05-31-03 01:34 PM
nankerphelge Who cares if she is smart?

What are you guys planning on playing the home version of Jeopardy with her????

05-31-03 01:43 PM
J.J.Flash Wow wow wow Motta, you are a little bit nervous...take it easy, be calm calm...take it easy my friend, I don't want to offend anybody, you know man.

Nanky you are always 100% correct, who cares if she's an intellect or not.....let's only play with this hot brunette.....
"Honey I missed your two tongue kisses, legs wrapped around me tight......you are a star fucker star fucker star fucker star.....I bet you keep your pussy clean......."

To much sex in the city....

Hey Motta, Nanker Sir, I hope you have a gret weekend...Take care guys!
05-31-03 04:23 PM
Brown Sugar Thanks. The same for you all.
And btw, I�m calm.

[Edited by Brown Sugar]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003