ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympia Stadion, Munich 6th June 2003
By Alexandra Winkler/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Am I missing something? Return to archive
05-30-03 11:33 AM
nankerphelge LONDON, England (CNN) -- A group of scientists has been inundated with requests after calling for newlyweds to test the legendary aphrodisiac effects of an ancient honey-based drink.

The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) wants one couple to drink honey mead -- a fermented mixture of honey and water -- every night for 30 days after taking their vows in June and to keep a diary of their honeymoon relationship.

The UK's professional body for chemists has received more than 100 phone calls from couples who want to take part in the experiment following a media appeal. The results will be published later in the year.

"The response has been overwhelming. We want one couple to write a diary to tell us how they feel generally during the honeymoon to see the effect it has on love," Brian Emsley, a spokesman for the RSC told CNN on Friday.

Mead, first brewed in Babylon more than 4,000 years ago making it one of the world's oldest alcoholic drinks, has long been believed to increase fertility and sex drive.

In ancient Persia couples were expected to imbibe the sweet mead every day for one "honey month" -- hence honeymoon -- after they tied the knot to achieve the right frame of mind for a successful marriage.

If a son was born nine months later the mead maker was congratulated on the quality of its produce.

Twelve bottles of mead have been specially brewed for the RSC's test by a winery in Sussex, southern England. "The concocotion includes a secret ingredient," said Emsley. "We've followed the ancient recipe closely.

----------

Wouldn't the test be more impressive if the stuff were given to couples that have been married for, oh, I don't know, say 10 years or so and have been through a few Stones tours together!
05-30-03 12:07 PM
Joey " Wouldn't the test be more impressive if the stuff were given to couples that have been married for, oh, I don't know, say 10 years or so and have been through a few Stones tours together! "

Nanky , you make Joey smile .

Now , if you will all excuse me , it is time for an early lunch and some Tylenol ( for my hangover ) . If anyone needs me I will be at P.F. Changs at the mall .

Jacky !
05-30-03 12:37 PM
scope Nanky, I agree with you. Hell, why do they even have to be married couples? To really see if it works, how about pairing up strangers. Of course, I reserve the right to choose my experimental partner.
05-30-03 12:47 PM
Joey " Of course, I reserve the right to choose my experimental partner. "

www.HoweMilitary.com

05-30-03 01:16 PM
nankerphelge Joey you make nanky giggle!!
05-30-03 01:48 PM
scope
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Of course, I reserve the right to choose my experimental partner. "

www.HoweMilitary.com

Gotta be more careful with Joey around. Let's try this again.

"I reserve the right to choose my experimental partner of the opposite sex."

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003