ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympia Stadion, Munich 6th June 2003
By Alexandra Winkler/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bowie on Jagger, 1973 Return to archive
05-30-03 01:02 AM
FPM C10 In a real Beat mode lately, and found this in "Rolling Stones Book of The Beats" - An chat between William S Burroughs and David Bowie from Nov 1973. During a discussion about Rock Stars and politics, Bowie says:

Bowie: Certain countries don't need rock & roll because they were so drawn together as a family unit. China has it's mother/father figure...For the West, Jagger is most certainly a mother figure and he's a mother hen to the whole thing. He's not a cockadoodledoo; he's much more like a brothel keeper or a madam.

Burroughs: Oh, very much so.

Bowie: He's incredibly sexy and very virile. I also find him incredibly motherly and maternal clutched into his bosom of ethnic blues. He's a white boy from Dagenham trying his damndest to be ethnic.
05-30-03 07:08 AM
JaggerLips Bowie off on one again as ever, you know you have got to admire the complexities of his mind. But Jagger as a mother hen type figure? Mind you he did write Little Red Rooster. hahahah

No in all seriousness I do think that MJ has a lot of authority over the rock and roll scene and still has 40 years on.
05-30-03 07:25 AM
stonedinaustralia yes fpm the beat mode is the way to go..."at lilac eveing i walked with every muscle aching among the lights of 27th and welton..." - well, you know the riffs...

maybe it's just bowie projecting his own idea of what jagger is onto jagger - much like the rest of us - which reveals more about bowie than it does jagger...'tho his first statement does get billy's nod of approval...

thankfully, the beat goes on

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
05-30-03 08:35 AM
steel driving hammer Mick Jagger is still incredibly sexy.
05-30-03 10:21 AM
Joey " In a real Beat mode lately, and found this in "Rolling Stones Book of The Beats" - An chat between William S Burroughs and David Bowie from Nov 1973. "

William S. Burroughs .......Oh yeah , he is the guy who wrote the novel " Naked Lunch " . That is the book from which " Steely Dan " got their name based on a character that referenced a woman's sexual aid .

Bunny Joe

05-30-03 03:43 PM
FPM C10 Think of the time period: within a year the stones shot a video for "Angie" with Mick dressed as Little Bo Peep, and one of his standard stage moves then, as now, was a much stylized impression of a black mammy scolding the chillens - shaking his finger, shaking his head, wiggling his butt. Mick was wearing a LOT of make-up in those days. Was this before or after their infamous mythological sexual union, I wonder? That jilted bitchiness could be a factor in the tone of his comments, but it's a perfectly valid way of looking at Mick. He is the point where a hundred skewed views collide. The co-director of Gimme Shelter, Charlotte Zwering, was NOT a fan of Mick's, didn't "get" it. She found him hilarious and slightly idiotic.

Elsewhere in the article Bowie identifies Lou Reed as the most important figure in music at the time. I think at that time, this might have had more to do with who was sleeping with who.
05-30-03 03:50 PM
Joey " black mammy scolding the chillens - shaking his finger, shaking his head, wiggling his butt. Mick was wearing a LOT of make-up in those days. Was this before or after their infamous mythological sexual union ...."

Fleabit .....................are's yous goings all's Steelie on me's ??????????

Please ...........I's justs gots to knows !!!!!!!!

Developing .....................

Shiver ..........................

JACKY !

05-30-03 04:04 PM
nankerphelge Yes -- who is sleeping with who:

MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) - Three people were sentenced Friday to a year of probation and fined $200 each for having sex aboard a Long Island Rail Road train.
Dennis Greene was arrested along with his brother Lyle and his sister-in-law Francine in September. A conductor alerted by a passenger found the three having sex in a passenger car occupied by at least 15 other people.

Lyle and Francine Greene pleaded guilty to public lewdness, and Dennis Green was convicted at a trial.

They could have gotten up to 90 days in jail.

05-30-03 04:48 PM
Joey " Lyle and Francine Greene pleaded guilty to public lewdness, and Dennis Green was convicted at a trial.

They could have gotten up to 90 days in jail. "

Rats !!!!! This whole city is full of Rat Finks !!!!!

Alert the conductor my A## !!!! They should have video taped it instead .

I am now completely stirred to sadness and really , quite visibly shaken to the core ..............and you ?

" Perhaps it is time to dumb down Ronnie "

JACKY !

05-30-03 05:08 PM
steel driving hammer So who's ready to do a It's Friday Night Drunken Post tonight???!!!

I'm feeling thirsty but if I do it, I think I'll go over the top and be banned!

...And I hope it's gonna be a long hot summah!

05-30-03 05:11 PM
Joey " ...And I hope it's gonna be a long hot summah! "

I would like to nibble your elbows .

" Hope he doesn't use the " Sand N " word tonight Ronnie "

The Jerky Boy !

05-30-03 05:53 PM
Moonisup heeh

05-31-03 05:07 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
heeh

poof, abacadabra cancel Chucky Cheese....
05-31-03 08:53 PM
Prodigal Son As we can see by these comments and pictures; Mick's appeal transcends race, sex and preference. Damnit, Mick knows it too. He's got women (and men) of all types lusting after him. Sure, it's not quite as intense at 60 as it was at 30, but he's still a consumate sex symbol, especially for seniors. Man, he can liberate old people when he's in his 70s and 80s. They'll look at Mick and think; if he can do it, so can I! Wow, he'll be a one-man sexual revolution.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003