ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympia Stadion, Munich 6th June 2003
By Alexandra Winkler/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: download offer: "A Brussels Affair (definitive edition)" Return to archive
05-24-03 06:45 PM
macdaddy If you have a Bit Torrent client installed (read "If you have successfully used Bit Torrent before"), simply skip down and open the *torrent file linked at the bottom of this message to begin downloading. If you are new to Bit Torrent, you will have to read the entire message...

To download, you will need to install a Bit Torrent download manager ("client" - open source, no spyware) before you can get the tunes. I use the one listed below because it allows me to allocate bandwidth:
http://ei.kefro.st/projects/btclient/

You will download an *.exe file - run it (double-click) and install the client; a window will pop up telling you that you have successfully done so.

Then come back to this thread, and open the *torrent file linked at the bottom of this message to begin downloading...

You will be prompted to select a place on your computer to save the files; this set is 978.55 megabytes in size, so make sure you have enough room BEFORE selecting the location. After selecting the save location, you will connect to the "torrent swarm" and start downloading...

Bit Torrent is a distributed bandwidth system (a grapic of which is here); you are sharing the music as you download. When your download finishes, you become a seed, able to still share the show with others. The more people sharing, the faster the speeds are for everybody...

You may allocate your bandwidth using the client's pulldown menu and the sliders. Set the pulldown menu to your connection type and finely adjust the settings using your sliders. As a general rule, you want to set your upload rate to 5KBps less than the upload cap imposed by your ip provider...

The files you download will FLACs; let me know (in this thread) if you need help with using this format. It is one of the lossless trading standards (SHN being the other), so most (if not all) of you should know how to handle them. If you don't, I am happy to explain...

If you have a broadband ("high-speed") connection to the internet, you should really give this a try...

Please post any additional questions or concerns in this thread...

One Love.

-macdaddy

*.torrent
_____

** a Brussels Affair: Definitive Edition **

Rolling Stones - live: October 17,1973
(Brussels, Belgium) and bonus tracks

original silver discs copied DAO via Harman/Kardon standalone
EAC >> FLAC

Disc 1:
October 17, 1973 (early show)
Forest Nationale (Brussels, Belgium)

d1t01 Brown Sugar
d1t02 Gimme Shelter
d1t03 Happy
d1t04 Tumbling Dice
d1t14 (Star Star)
d1t05 Dancing With Mr. D
d1t06 Angie
d1t07 You Can�t Always Get What You Want
d1t08 Midnight Rambler
d1t09 Honky Tonk Women
d1t10 All Down The Line
d1t11 Rip This Joint
d1t12 Jumping Jack Flash
d1t13 Street Fighting Man

d2t01 Brown Sugar @@
d2t02 Happy $$
d2t03 Gimme Shelter $$
d2t04 Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker) $$
d2t05 Street Fighting Man $$
d2t06 Brown Sugar ##
d2t07 Starf*cker ##
d2t08 Dancing with Mr. D $$
d2t09 Angie ##
d2t10 Midnight Rambler $$
d2t11 Gimme Shelter %%
d2t12 Street Fighting Man %%
d2t13 Bitch ++
d2t14 100 Years Ago ++
d2t15 Sweet Virginia ++
d2t16 Silver Train ++

@@ Rotterdam 2nd show 10/14/73
$$ London 9/9/73
## New Castle (1st show) 9/13/73
%% Munich 2nd show 9/28/73
++ Vienna, Austria 9/1/73

the band:
Mick Jagger (vocals, harmonica)
Keith Richards (guitar, vocals)
Mick Taylor (guitar)
Bill Wyman (bass)
Charlie Watts (drums)

with
Billy Preston (piano, organ, clavinet)
Bobby Keys (saxophone)
Trevor Lawrence (saxophone)
Steve Madaio (trumpet, trombone)

[Edited by macdaddy]
05-27-03 10:09 AM
corgi37 Looks good, but i only have 56k modem, so a file that big would literally take me months to download. I already have most of the songs from imesh. Plus, some tracks from Leeds. Alot of people use Kazaa, but i find imesh faster and easier. Some songs from hansome girls are sometimes available too But, sadly, no licks tour video. I thought some one would have uploaded the hbo special at least.
05-29-03 06:51 AM
Lacride Hi Macdaddy!
Great! I've downloaded the BA Definitive. Problem: How to read those FLAC files? Or how to convert them? My OS: W2K
Many thanks!
Chris
05-29-03 07:35 AM
L&A Thanks, Macdaddy... nothing for a Mac-user ?

05-29-03 08:50 AM
mac_daddy FLAC is a lossless compression (like SHN). It is the future standard in the lossless trading community. It is also better compression - which results in smaller file sizes (which results in faster downloads)...

FLAC is as easy to use as SHN (if not easier):

If you use Windows, download the windows installer:
http://mikewren.com/flac/

It is an *.exe file - run it (double-click) and select the options you wish to install (the default install settings work fine). If you have winamp (version 2 or 3) on your computer, the FLAC installer will setup the necessary winamp plugins, too...

A tutorial on how to use the FLAC frontend (the equivalent to MKWact) is here:
http://mikewren.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=12

general info about FLAC is available at the etree wiki:
http://wiki.etree.org/index.php?page=FLAC

for reference, the project homepage is here:
http://flac.sourceforge.net/
05-29-03 06:14 PM
L&A Can someone please trade a copy of the definitive version of "Brussel's Affair" ? I'm from Brussels, and I even don't own it
05-29-03 06:34 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
L&A wrote:
Can someone please trade a copy of the definitive version of "Brussel's Affair" ? I'm from Brussels, and I even don't own it

You've got PM.
05-29-03 07:36 PM
mac_daddy

This one will be open just until the people that are on now finish. If you want in on the download NOW is your last chance!!!

as for Macs, go to this page and scroll down to the Mac stuff and follow the directions. You are on your own here, since I am not a Mac guy - despite my nickname

to start the transfer, click here and select a location to save the files.

[Edited by mac_daddy]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003