ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Pierre Fournier
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Jagger Loves The Arctic Monkeys Return to archive
30th May 2006 08:55 AM
moy Mick Jagger Loves The 'Monkeys

Mick Jagger's daughter Elizabeth claims her dad loves Sheffield rockers Arctic Monkeys. She told The Star: "I've been to loads of their gigs and think they are so cool.

"I keep playing their stuff to my Dad. I'm getting him converted".

The 21-year-old model sent the 'Monkeys flowers to celebrate their Brits tr

Arctic Monkey Breaks Hand

Arctic Monkeys' new bassist Nick O'Malley has broken his hand, having joined the band just days ago.

The accident is said to have drunkenly happened on the way home from the pub last week. Fellow Dodgem Phil Goodwin said: "As we were walking home from the pub, our roadie grabbed [O'Malley] and pulled him over our neighbour's wall.

It's quite high and he landed on his right hand. It is his plectrum, hand and he has a pot on it - but he says he can still hold a plectrum."

O'Malley is expected to still be playing with the Arctic Monkeys on their American tour.
30th May 2006 09:36 AM
glencar What happened to their old bassist?
30th May 2006 10:39 AM
star star i cant believe he likes this over-hyped, over-played bunch of purveyors of the new art of chav-rock...mind you, its fits with his image of constantly updating himself!
30th May 2006 03:35 PM
the good He's probably just being nice to his daughter and doesn't want to insult her musical taste.
30th May 2006 04:00 PM
texile hard fi is much better ...
hard to beat is great!
30th May 2006 06:40 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
texile wrote:
hard fi is much better ...

Word.
30th May 2006 07:17 PM
texile
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

Word.

the first time i heard hard to beat about a month ago was like a shot of strong, strong mint.....
it's got simple sex lyrics, great minor 7 chords and a great, happy vibe like old jam.....british pop at its best, least pretentious...
30th May 2006 09:32 PM
Soldatti Overrated band.
31st May 2006 09:16 AM
BILL PERKS NEVER HEARD OF EM
31st May 2006 09:31 AM
Honky Tonk Man The Artic Monkeys are okay; I just don't think they're anywhere near as good as some would have you believe. A lot of their success is hype based and its another case of al the usual suspects (The NME!) reaching out and proclaiming a band with a few cracking singles (I Bet You Look Good On The Dance floor is THE BEST single I've heard in a long time by anyone!) to be the next BIG THING.

Hard-Fi are okay too. I quite like Hard To Beat and Living For The Weekend, but really wouldn’t bother buying their album.
31st May 2006 09:58 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
texile wrote:

the first time i heard hard to beat about a month ago was like a shot of strong, strong mint.....
it's got simple sex lyrics, great minor 7 chords and a great, happy vibe like old jam.....british pop at its best, least pretentious...

Mint is a very good word to use-- they're what you'd call "refreshing" after a whole load of bands that sound the same, or that sound like they're trying too hard. Very melodic too.

As for Arctic Monkeys, I thought they were pretty good the first few times I heard them, but they got old SO quickly, I can't even bother anymore.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)