ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Pierre Fournier
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The waiting is killing me! (Warning: whining inside :D) Return to archive
30th May 2006 04:01 AM
FotiniD I've tried to be patient and I've tried to be nice, but I can't stand this waiting any longer!

First and foremost, I'm going crazy thinking the "what if's" about Keith. Something tells me he's going to be alright, but either way, I'd just love some more information, a sign that he's already feeling better - even a paparazzi shot of him smiling would do at this moment.

And if all's well with our man, I want to know what'll happen with this tour! Someone really put a jinx on it... I'm worried that when they do come round to announcing the final dates, Greece might be left out and then I might end up trying to score a ticket for some other nearby country - cause I can't fly, huge fear of airplanes - and finally coming out of all this with nothing as everything will be sold-out by the time

What's the point of this thread? No point really, just venting the frustration. I just WISH some great news could leak, about Keith. I've heard more rumours (stressing they are rumours after all) that they're waiting for more results of Keith's brain scans to see what will happen. Such a nightmare! When will all this be in the past and we can start joking again?

Anyone care to make a guess of when we should be expecting an announcement? (My feelings for Cohl keep getting better and better...)
30th May 2006 04:45 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Anyone care to make a guess of when we should be expecting an announcement? (My feelings for Cohl keep getting better and better...)

Next Monday, June 5th.

Be patient a little longer Fotini, I'm sure they'll reschedule Athens.
30th May 2006 04:56 AM
Gazza Vienna has now officially been rescheduled for July 14th according to the ticketseller for that show, so it would appear the rumours of the whole tour being cancelled are thankfully unfounded.

Presuming Athens sold reasonably well, I cant imagine it not being cancelled.
30th May 2006 05:10 AM
FotiniD Thanks Angie and Gazza, I do hope we get rescheduled too! The Vienna news are very encouraging.

What really worries me is that us Greeks are very, very slow when it comes to buying tickets and - like in every other aspect - we do things at the very last minute.

The '98 Athens gig was a sold-out but only a few days before the actual date it was on You could still find tickets two days before the show - and then they were all gone, rows and rows of people buying tickets just hours before the gig. I'm 100% certain this gig too is going to be a sold-out (most definitely!) but I only hope the people who do the rescheduling are aware of our last-minute tendency...

According to some sources, about 30.000 - 40.000 tickets have been sold, and the venue holds about 70.000 - 75.000 people.
30th May 2006 05:49 AM
egon Nobody likes a Whiner Fotini.

Trust me, i know. My girlfriend can't stand me at the moment....
30th May 2006 06:55 AM
LadyJane Hang in there my friend.

Please check your PM.

LJ.
30th May 2006 07:19 AM
FotiniD
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Hang in there my friend.

Please check your PM.

LJ.

Thanks LJ! I'm trying!

Check your PM too.
30th May 2006 07:27 AM
PartyDoll MEG I feel your frustration Fontini!!! I would be whining much more than you, if I were in your shoes!! Hang in there Sistah!!!
30th May 2006 07:32 AM
LadyJane
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Thanks LJ! I'm trying!

Check your PM too.

The ROCC sends our collective good vibes your way.

Your PM made me cry. Check for a reply.

LJ.
30th May 2006 07:54 AM
FotiniD
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I feel your frustration Fontini!!! I would be whining much more than you, if I were in your shoes!! Hang in there Sistah!!!

Thanks a lot Meg dear! Mind you, I'm a big time whiner, just showing off my good face here

quote:
LadyJane wrote:
The ROCC sends our collective good vibes your way.

Your PM made me cry. Check for a reply.

LJ.

And another PM your way LJ! Love you!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)