ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Đ 1965 Pierre Fournier
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rocks Off header! Return to archive
29th May 2006 01:32 PM
Bruno
Amazing, you rock Voodoo!

These are times you want to scream across the world: I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES!

Ps: I have to admit, this Mick was fucking handsome by VL time.
29th May 2006 01:47 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Bruno wrote:
Ps: I have to admit, this Mick was fucking handsome by VL time.

29th May 2006 02:18 PM
Bruno
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Maybe itīs something in "fucking handsome" that Iīm not picking because of the colloquial English thing... anyway I have no shame saying it

Fuck, the video is amazing, the "feel so hypnotized, canīt describe the scene.." bit is killer! Even Keith hitting Ronnie acidentally in the face is cool.

29th May 2006 03:57 PM
PeerQueer Mick looked GREAT that tour!(much better than Steel Wheels) In fact, I thought Keith looked sooooo cool that tour as well.

VL was a good era for the Stones. Great tour, solid album, some cool videos, and I really dug the stage. I believe that was the last Stones show in the old Kingdome in Seattle. Mick slinking out in the opener singing, "I'm gonna tell ya how it's gonna be!" That was such a great moment!

The band was still seeming to defy time that tour. Since then, time has clearly been taking a toll on all of them, though Mick has held up amazingly well, even he has really shown his age this last tour.

They need a complete image overhaul- time to get more bluesy, more RnBsy, break out the stools, Mick in some of those cool hats, Keith in shades, Chaz in those sweet suits, Ronnie...(not sure what Ronnie should do...)

More along the lines of "Stripped" - the Stones could ride that act out for another decade- and at this stage of their career, is when they are at their best. And speaking of Stripped - a VERY underrated album I might add - I play that as much as anything in the rotation and have done so regularly for the last few years.

Take my advice Stones - and all will be well.

(as long as Keith is well - - which I am still very worried about given all the shit I continue to hear via the industry insider's grapevine.)
29th May 2006 04:04 PM
Joey " ... time has clearly been taking a toll on all of them, though Mick has held up amazingly well, even he has really shown his age this last tour. "

My Ass !!!!

**** 2005 -- 2006 ****

BEST MICK YET !!!!

BEST KEITH YET !!!!!

BEST CHARLIE YET !!!!!!!

BEST RONNIE YET !!!!!!

.... BEST FRIGGIN STONES YET !!!!!!!

" Stones Rule You Friggin Bastards "

Jacky Cakes ! Ū

29th May 2006 04:22 PM
PeerQueer [quote]Joey wrote:
" ... time has clearly been taking a toll on all of them, though Mick has held up amazingly well, even he has really shown his age this last tour. "

My Ass !!!!

**** 2005 -- 2006 ****

BEST MICK YET !!!!

BEST KEITH YET !!!!!

BEST CHARLIE YET !!!!!!!

BEST RONNIE YET !!!!!!

.... BEST FRIGGIN STONES YET !!!!!!!

" Stones Rule You Friggin Bastards "

Jacky Cakes ! Ū

Please, no comparisons of the Stones to your ass...

for that ass is hardly the best ass yet...

Such disrespect of our beloved Stones cannot be tolerated...
29th May 2006 04:31 PM
ebmp
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

More along the lines of "Stripped" - the Stones could ride that act out for another decade- and at this stage of their career, is when they are at their best. And speaking of Stripped - a VERY underrated album I might add - I play that as much as anything in the rotation and have done so regularly for the last few years.

Yeah, that's what they should do. Stripped is maybe the 2nd best Stones live album (well it's not completely live, it has some studio live recordings). They should do more shows like that and play songs like Loving Cup, Let it Loose, Shine a Light, Dear Doctor, Salt of The Earth, you know, those underrated gems
29th May 2006 05:43 PM
tumbling dice
Amazing!! I saw Rockīs Off in wet São Paulo first night of Voodoo Lounge tour in Brazil and they did a lot of mistakes ,but i clearly remember the psycodelic part,it was fucking great,the lights,the stage,the band playing in a stormy weather.It was my first and only experience to see the stones tripping on acid.
29th May 2006 09:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
29th May 2006 10:57 PM
GotToRollMe Amazing. Thanks, Voodoo!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)