ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Pierre Fournier
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: cool stones quotes Return to archive
28th May 2006 12:05 PM
mrhipfl I'm looking for a good senior quote to put into the yearbook next year. Does anybody know any cool quotes from one of the stones I could use?
28th May 2006 12:09 PM
Gazza Two oldies but goldies...

"We piss anywhere, man!"

"We are not old men, we are not bothered about petty morals"

Those are two of the bonafide "warhorses" of Stones quotes!
28th May 2006 12:10 PM
speedfreakjive also

'he's a wondeful bunch of guys'

Keith on Mick
28th May 2006 12:54 PM
Riffhard "We forgot all their fucking names!"-Keith explaining why the new record is called Some Girls in 1978.

From the same interview Keith again-"I don't have a problem with drugs. I've gotta problem with policemen."

And one more from the same interview Keith again-"I don't know what we were thinking about back then but right now it'd be your fucking face!" On why the Stones named their 1969 album Let It Bleed.

This interviewer,a stiff upper lip BBC stoggy fuck, was obviously pissing Keith off and Keith was quite drunk as well. That last question obviously was the last straw for Keith! LOL! I think the interviewer was trying to imply that the Stones had nicked the name from the Beatles Let It Be,but this of course is bullshit since Let It Bleed came out before Let It Be. It obviously angered Keith. That is a great interview! I'd love to get my hands on the video of it again.

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
28th May 2006 01:18 PM
deuce ^ I'd love to see that full interview. I've only seen the parts that were shown on Video Rewind.

28th May 2006 01:41 PM
PeerQueer The vast majority of classic Stone's quotes were Keith's.

The guy has always been the most introspective and witty of the band. He does not possess the practiced socialite charm of Jagger, but rather the caustic carefree persona so brilliantly captured by Depp in Pirates...

28th May 2006 09:39 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

And one more from the same interview Keith again-"I don't know what we were thinking about back then but right now it'd be your fucking face!" On why the Stones named their 1969 album Let It Bleed.

This interviewer,a stiff upper lip BBC stoggy fuck, was obviously pissing Keith off and Keith was quite drunk as well. That last question obviously was the last straw for Keith! LOL! I think the interviewer was trying to imply that the Stones had nicked the name from the Beatles Let It Be,but this of course is bullshit since Let It Bleed came out before Let It Be. It obviously angered Keith. That is a great interview! I'd love to get my hands on the video of it again.

riffy that interviewer was the australian comedian Garry McDonald doing his alter ego Norman Gunston - Gunston being a send up/characture (sp?) of your typical media type - as to the let it bleed/your face connection part of Gunston's schtick was to appear with bits of tissue paper all over his face used to stop the bleeding where he had cut his face shaving - the stones, i think, got the joke
28th May 2006 09:49 PM
BILL PERKS my fav "I'LL SLIT HIS FUCKIN THROAT"
28th May 2006 11:41 PM
Riffhard
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

riffy that interviewer was the australian comedian Garry McDonald doing his alter ego Norman Gunston - Gunston being a send up/characture (sp?) of your typical media type - as to the let it bleed/your face connection part of Gunston's schtick was to appear with bits of tissue paper all over his face used to stop the bleeding where he had cut his face shaving - the stones, i think, got the joke

Ah ha! I did not know that! Thanks for cluing me in SIA!

Riffy
29th May 2006 12:01 AM
Highwire Rob Here's a neat search engine that should already be set on Keith Richards when you click on the hypertext:

http://en.thinkexist.com/quotation/...eth/213119.html

Of course, on some lesser known quotes, it's always best to use Google, etc. to verify source & validity.

• If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet.
    (Orig. KEEF!)
  • The king is the man who can.
    (Orig. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881), Scottish Philosopher, Author)
  • Whatever side I take, I know well that I will be blamed.
    (Orig. Louis XIV--but not in English)
  • Rock and Roll: Music for the neck downwards.
    (Orig. Henry VIII--Just Kidding!--KEEF!)

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
29th May 2006 05:19 AM
Jaxx a good friend gave me a great book several years ago called "the rolling stones, quote unquote" by jon ewing. some of my favs include:

Brian: "I don't think the stones are more popular than shakespeare, but he's been going longer."

Keith: "we are not old men. We're not worried about petty morals."

Keith: "I never had a problem with drugs, only with cops."

Mick: "How come all the teenies ever wanna do is tongue my diamond tooth?"

Mick: "You can't keep it up with sixteen year old girls forever. they're very demanding."

Mick: "Performing is like sex. You might like it, but you don't wanna do it all the time."

MIck: "When i'm 33 i'll quit. that's the time when a man has to do something else. I can't say what it'll definately be...but it won't be in show business. i couldn't bear to end up as an Elvis Presley and sing in Las Vegas with all those housewives and old ladies coming in with their handbags. IT's really sick."
--um, excuse me???

29th May 2006 06:32 AM
star star who can forget the greatest of all quotes, provided by the world's greatest rock n roll drummer, "I'm not your fucking drummer, you're my fucking singer!", as an impeccably dressed charlie punches mick across a table in the middle of the night, circa the mid-80's!
29th May 2006 09:33 AM
gimmekeef I put in my yearbook...."The sunshine bores the daylights outta me..chasin shadows moonlight mysteries"....dumbass english teacher thought it was brilliantly original...I kept the secret to myself...
29th May 2006 10:56 AM
MrPleasant Fidel, please bring to the office a coloured T.V. so we can watch the World Cup.

The Rolling Stones suck.
29th May 2006 10:57 AM
StickyFishFingers Keith: "My epitaph will be: Fuckers! I told you I wasn't feeling well"

[Edited by StickyFishFingers]
29th May 2006 12:28 PM
speedfreakjive 'all you need is five strings, four fingers, three chords and an asshole' Keith. Or something to that effect!
29th May 2006 02:17 PM
caro (very) approximate quote of Mick ca. 1978 : "Punks are over. I'm the only one who buys their t-shirts on King's Road."
29th May 2006 09:15 PM
West 8 How can you out-punk Keith.......Mick
Exile is overrated................Mick
I hate Rock & Roll................Charlie
30th May 2006 07:47 PM
wintersway if mick thinks he is a forgiving guy , than i forgvive him,
keith on mick 2006 aussie 60 min special
31st May 2006 11:10 PM
Lethargy Keith (to Baby Face during Bridges To Babylon recording): "You'll be Fuck Face by the time you're done recording with this cunt [Mick]"

I'm paraphrasing - anyone remember the exact quote.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)