ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Pierre Fournier
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ROLLING STONES PINBALL MACHINE Return to archive
28th May 2006 07:05 AM
RSRTG I have had a book for some years now called "The Rolling Stones Collection" by Geoffrey Guilliano.
I received this book in the very early 90's and was amazed at the wide collection of 'stuff' this man had collected over the years....very impressed!
I noticed that he indeed had a 1980 stones pinnie which I think his words were 'probably the biggest and rarest piece of memorabillia that was going around'.
To cut a long story short, I've always been a pinball 'nut' since I twas a boy and have owned various machines throughout the years.
I had tried desperately for well over 10 years to get a stones pinball but due to the low production numbers and probably minimal supply into Australia I had given up hope.
So another dream of mine came true this year when I purchased one and it arrived from the USA a few weeks b4 the Stones landed here is Oz.
Anywayz...I wonder how Geoffrey feels about the hundreds of items offered for sale since the Steel Wheels tour?...especially through the fan club.
With so many t-shirts and other assorted stuff now available it kinda sucks for true collectors like him.
Anyone's thoughts on all this????
28th May 2006 07:57 AM
clubred Well I don't know how this Geoffrey feels about it. And being a completist, I am not and prefer not to be an item collector, there is too many things I would become so frustrated, I just (!) stick to collecting hundreds of Stones bootlegs vinyls, CDs and DVD videos plus official releases of course.
Wow, man I remember this pinball machine. In the early 80's I spent litteraly days on it everyday after school when I was a teenager. Everytime you had an extra ball it was playing the Miss You riff ; and Satisfaction riff at the beginning of each game.
And it was the easiest pinball at that time to win extra games, which is another reason why I played so much on it, LOL.

quote:
RSRTG wrote:
I have had a book for some years now called "The Rolling Stones Collection" by Geoffrey Guilliano.
I received this book in the very early 90's and was amazed at the wide collection of 'stuff' this man had collected over the years....very impressed!
I noticed that he indeed had a 1980 stones pinnie which I think his words were 'probably the biggest and rarest piece of memorabillia that was going around'.
To cut a long story short, I've always been a pinball 'nut' since I twas a boy and have owned various machines throughout the years.
I had tried desperately for well over 10 years to get a stones pinball but due to the low production numbers and probably minimal supply into Australia I had given up hope.
So another dream of mine came true this year when I purchased one and it arrived from the USA a few weeks b4 the Stones landed here is Oz.
Anywayz...I wonder how Geoffrey feels about the hundreds of items offered for sale since the Steel Wheels tour?...especially through the fan club.
With so many t-shirts and other assorted stuff now available it kinda sucks for true collectors like him.

28th May 2006 09:13 AM
ozstones
quote:
RSRTG wrote:
I have had a book for some years now called "The Rolling Stones Collection" by Geoffrey Guilliano.

Hello

The stuff in the book had nothing to do with Geoffrey Guilliano it was mostly if not all the collection of UK collector Chris Eborn. In fact the worse thing about the book was that it had excellent pictures but the text was almost another history of the Rolling Stones by someone who had no new insights to offer but just regurgitated everything that had been written before. I was told that another edition of this book will be out next year and this time I am sure it will be more heavily "collector focussed".

Nice story about the pinball machine. :-)

Cheers

Andrew

28th May 2006 10:06 AM
gimmekeef They used to have one at the Ramada Inn downtown Montreal.I always stayed there just to play the machine!
28th May 2006 11:42 AM
mac_daddy well there is one on ebay, if you live near west va and have a turck to pick it up...

i would definitely do it for two or three bills, but i am not driving across the country to pick it up...

(how stoked is mrs macdaddy that this thing is not for sale n socal..?)

edit:

ebay link
[Edited by mac_daddy]
28th May 2006 11:59 AM
charlotte
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
They used to have one at the Ramada Inn downtown Montreal.I always stayed there just to play the machine!

There used to be one at Sticky Fingers in Montreal
28th May 2006 12:04 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves I played one at 'South Of The Border' back in the 80's
28th May 2006 12:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
charlotte wrote:

There used to be one at Sticky Fingers in Montreal

there also used to be one in a bar in Millisle, Co. Down about 20 miles from me....

back in my 'pre-collector' days, though....
29th May 2006 12:26 AM
RSRTG So does anyone else own a stones pinball machine???
29th May 2006 06:41 AM
Stonesdoug I've got one
Was lucky enough to find it on ebay for $2000.- and the best part is that the seller lives in my town (Annapolis) and delivered it to me.
29th May 2006 09:13 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
I've got one
Was lucky enough to find it on ebay for $2000.- and the best part is that the seller lives in my town (Annapolis) and delivered it to me.

Only one Doug?..lol..hey hope you are doing well!
29th May 2006 09:36 AM
stoneman After 20+ phone calls and weeks of searching, Amazingly enough I found one less than 1 mile from my house haha. This was @10 yrs ago. I would give it a 8 out of 10 condition wise. My kids still play it.
29th May 2006 10:03 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
well there is one on ebay, if you live near west va and have a turck to pick it up...

i would definitely do it for two or three bills, but i am not driving across the country to pick it up...

edit:

ebay link
[Edited by mac_daddy]

Jeez, Mac, did you have to post a picture of it? Now I have to clean the drool offa my keyboard. Goddammit.
29th May 2006 05:16 PM
tumbling dice
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
well there is one on ebay, if you live near west va and have a turck to pick it up...

I saw that machine in Bill wyman´s Stycky Fingers restaurant,but it was not working.

edit:

ebay link
[Edited by mac_daddy]

29th May 2006 08:04 PM
RSRTG I think there was only around 4800 units made of the stones pinnie. Quite significant when most machines had production numbers around 10,000. For example, the ever popular Kiss pinball had around 14,000 units made and these machines are fetching around $10,000 AUD at present.
So it makes me wonder wot my 9/10 condition stones pinnie is worth?.....not that I'm going to sell it...took me too long to get this one.
29th May 2006 08:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
I've got one

and its also quite visible in your 'cameo' in the 'Let it Bleed' documentary
29th May 2006 11:37 PM
glencar I wouldn't know where to put one if I bought it. The garage, I guess...
30th May 2006 05:17 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I wouldn't know where to put one if I bought it.

If Jon Bon Jovi was around, I'm sure I could find a place!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)