ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Đ 1965 Pierre Fournier
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ernie Watts Vs Gene Barge Return to archive
27th May 2006 07:20 AM
marko Canīt say either,depence what mood im in?
81 or 82?
27th May 2006 07:20 AM
lotsajizz they both suck
27th May 2006 09:30 AM
BILL PERKS ernie watts over every sax player in the world including bobby keys
27th May 2006 10:46 AM
FrankiePeppers I thought Ernie did a bang up job on the '81 Tour. On a lot of the bootlegs you can really hear him well. All the Ernie haters will be coming out the woodwork soon.
27th May 2006 02:15 PM
lotsajizz someone should've shoved that sax up Ernie Watts' ass that tour...he was Awful!

27th May 2006 02:19 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
someone should've shoved that sax up Ernie Watts' ass that tour...he was Awful!

no way.

i love ernie, and the 1981 tour...

the 1982 sound never did it for me...
27th May 2006 02:24 PM
polksalad69 gene is funny looking. I preferred little bobby (RIP).
27th May 2006 02:38 PM
Joey
quote:
marko wrote:
Canīt say either,depence what mood im in?
81 or 82?

My C10 Brother Baby Marko ...................

I love Ernie Watts ( .. a thirty year member of Johnny Carson's tonight show band ) and he was the reason why that 1981 U.S. Tour was so special to all of us in the Stones' Community .

Whenever I hear ANYTHING from that 1981 Rolling Stones Tour I get that " The Party Has Just Started Feeling " and , ..... " YES !!!! " .... I hear barkers and see colored balloons falling down all around me . Hug Me .

" The joy he found in jazz as a youth, now enriched by experience, still is his today. Watts sums it up; ?I see music as the common bond having potential to bring all people together in peace and harmony. All things in the physical world have vibration; the music I choose to play is the energy vibration that touches the common bond in people. I believe that music is God singing through me, an energy to be used for good. " ( Ernie Watts )

www.ErnieWatts.com

Jacky Cakes ! Ū

[Edited by Caked ]

[Edited by Joey]
27th May 2006 05:37 PM
lotsajizz 1981 was a mediocre tour, despite my viewing of two excellent shows in Hartford and their doing a smattering of some other fine shows---Jagger's voice was ruined by coke (more montone and flat, no range) and that friggin' Ernie Watts was blowin' jazz notes from the Tonight Show into a rock show 'fer chrissakes!! On the other hand, Keith and Ronnie generally were superb that whole tour and had some of their best weavings....

27th May 2006 06:02 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
1981 was a mediocre tour, despite my viewing of two excellent shows in Hartford and their doing a smattering of some other fine shows---Jagger's voice was ruined by coke (more montone and flat, no range) and that friggin' Ernie Watts was blowin' jazz notes from the Tonight Show into a rock show 'fer chrissakes!! On the other hand, Keith and Ronnie generally were superb that whole tour and had some of their best weavings....

Still , Jizzy , ........ You SHALL be greeted this fall

www.QwestCenter.com
27th May 2006 06:18 PM
T&A Ernie owned the '81 tour - he blew an injection of much needed personality into that tour (just listen to some of the early shows without him).

I love Gene Barge too - his work throughout the decades is impressive. But, he couldn't hold a candle to Ernie and his work in '82 with the lads just wasn't "happening."
27th May 2006 08:35 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
T&A wrote:
Ernie owned the '81 tour - he blew an injection of much needed personality into that tour (just listen to some of the early shows without him).

...and they all sound better without Ernie Watts

I still love you too Joey!!!

27th May 2006 10:46 PM
texile dead on jizz....
sounded like a damn clarinet blowing through a tight ass....
i can't listen to that tour partly because of watts -
there was no resonance in his playing...too reedy and -
and yeah, johnny carson which has its pop culture place but not in the stones music.
27th May 2006 10:46 PM
lotsajizz word
28th May 2006 04:26 PM
Joey " and yeah, johnny carson which has its pop culture place but not in the stones music."

W- W- What ?!?!

29th May 2006 05:54 PM
tumbling dice
Apart Mickīs clothes, 81 tour was their best ever.They were in top form ,Keith was perfect and Billīs bass was louder than ever,Start me Up was a big hit, an anthem to the next 25 five years of stones career and Ernie Watts sax was very cool.
29th May 2006 09:53 PM
Soldatti Ernie.
30th May 2006 01:14 PM
Mikey Ernie's solo on Beast of Burden from LSTNT is outstanding!
30th May 2006 08:30 PM
lotsajizz it is soooo awful...that shit belongs in some jazz combo, not with Mick and Keith!!

30th May 2006 08:37 PM
Joey
quote:
Mikey wrote:
Ernie's solo on Beast of Burden from LSTNT is outstanding!

I would like to nuzzle you .
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)