ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Pierre Fournier
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Roth Predicts Van Halen Comeback (SSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
26th May 2006 01:47 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:
There is NO C10 without Baby Steel Magnolia

Blame who you want, killing the C10 wasn't cool!
Some Guy Woo-hoo! Take a look at this!
Hey man, that suit is you!
Whoo-whee! You'll get some leg tonight for sure!
Tell us how you do! Hoo hoo hoo!
(Come on Dave, gimme a break)
Hey hey hey hey! One break, comin' up!
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

Blame who you want, killing the C10 wasn't cool!

I am seriously considering leaving the board .
26th May 2006 01:48 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:
I am seriously considering leaving the board .

And like Herpes, you'll be back!
26th May 2006 02:01 PM
Dan
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Van Halen reunion
Well, apparently CNN has picked up on the Van Halen/David lee Roth reunion talk all the while Dave getting to promote his upcoming tour
hope this shows up
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Musi...eut/index.html

Senior defense official says evidence in criminal probe of deaths of about two dozen Iraqi civilians points toward conclusion that U.S. Marines committed unprovoked murders, The Associated Press reports.
26th May 2006 02:02 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Dan wrote:

Senior defense official says evidence in criminal probe of deaths of about two dozen Iraqi civilians points toward conclusion that U.S. Marines committed unprovoked murders, The Associated Press reports. And Dave and Eddie are in talks about the future of the Mighty Van Halen.

26th May 2006 02:04 PM
Dan
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

really why not?

I am not sure it could live up to expectations. I would rather remember them for what they were rather than what they have become.
26th May 2006 02:05 PM
doo doo doo Dude This reunion needs to happen. As far as hard rock bands, nobody could touch classic Van Halen.

Unchained '81

"I may not go down in history but I may go down on your little sister" - DLR

[Edited by doo doo doo Dude]
26th May 2006 02:06 PM
Jumping Jack Reunion = HUMILIATION!!!
26th May 2006 02:07 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Dan wrote:

I am not sure it could live up to expectations. I would rather remember them for what they were rather than what they have become.

yeah I'm with you there, I would love to see some quality dvd's released some day soon.I have 83 US Festval on vhs which is cool to watch but not great quality. Rumour has it that they have some good material in the can.
26th May 2006 02:07 PM
Some Guy
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
This reunion needs to happen. As far as hard rock bands, nobody could touch classic Classic Van Halen.

Unchained '81

"I may not go down in history but I may go down on your little sister" - DLR

Fucking great!!
""I'm gonna stand up for rock and roll tonight, baby... In fact, by the time we hit the stage, I'll be lucky to just stand up!"-DLR
[Edited by Some Guy]
26th May 2006 02:20 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

I do not particularly care for your avatar !

IT WAS CAREFULLY CHOSEN TO REMIND YOU EACH DAY!
26th May 2006 02:21 PM
pdog That pic of Pete freaks me out!
26th May 2006 02:24 PM
Some Guy "He who knows how will always work for he who knows why."-DLR
"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, then turns into a pizza!"-DLR
[Edited by Some Guy]
26th May 2006 02:34 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
"He who knows how will always work for he who knows why."-DLR
"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, then turns into a pizza!"-DLR
[Edited by Some Guy]

DLR'S BOOK ROCKS!
26th May 2006 02:38 PM
Some Guy
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

DLR'S BOOK ROCKS!

CLASSIC PERKS
26th May 2006 02:46 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

DLR'S BOOK ROCKS!

_________

I enjoyed receiving my first blow job as "Panama" blared from the speakers of my neighbor's brand new 85' Camaro. Not sure how long that song plays from beginning to end, though I do recall being quite finished long before the song was...

She wasn't terribly attractive, but she really put her heart and soul into her work...
26th May 2006 03:46 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

IT WAS CAREFULLY CHOSEN TO REMIND YOU EACH DAY!

I SWEAR you shall NOT be greeted at this fall's WHO Concert at the now legendary , twenty - two thousand seat , friggin state - of - the - art QWEST CENTER .

www.QWESTCENTER.com

26th May 2006 03:47 PM
Joey
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

_________

I enjoyed receiving my first blow job as "Panama" blared from the speakers of my neighbor's brand new 85' Camaro. Not sure how long that song plays from beginning to end, though I do recall being quite finished long before the song was...

He wasn't terribly attractive, but he really put his heart and soul into his work...

That's it !!!!!

Goodbye Everyone ....................

** Sniff **
26th May 2006 03:54 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Joey wrote:

That's it !!!!!

Goodbye Everyone ....................

** Sniff **

Clever boy...
26th May 2006 04:07 PM
Joey

Ok , I'm Back !!!!!!

Jacky Cakes ! ®
26th May 2006 06:12 PM
pdog
quote:

Notice how close Darfur, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Iran are to the poo hole?
26th May 2006 08:05 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Joey wrote:

Ok , I'm Back !!!!!!

Jacky Cakes ! ®

_____________-

OH-MY-GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joey, I am in tears...

Fucking hell I did not expect THAT!

You are quite simply above all others, the single greatest poster in the history of ROCKS OFF!
26th May 2006 09:28 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

Ok , I'm Back !!!!!!

Jacky Cakes ! ®

THAT'S POSTIN, BABY!!ALWAYS AHEAD OF HIS TIME!
26th May 2006 09:41 PM
pdog Too bad he wasn't the first to use it... Another stolen post!
27th May 2006 05:06 AM
justforyou Another stolen post ??

Sure beats the hell out of your tastless pictures...
27th May 2006 07:39 AM
corgi37 Wow, now you dont like tasteless pictures. This is getting out of hand.
27th May 2006 01:09 PM
Some Guy Roth Hot for Van Halen Reunion

by Josh Grossberg
May 26, 2006, 10:00 AM PT

David Lee Roth is ready to jump for Van Halen again.

After he was unceremoniously booted from his morning show in April, four months after replacing Howard Stern on CBS Radio, Diamond Dave opened up about his future job prospects, telling Billboard he foresees a day when he and his old bandmates are bound for a reunion.

"I see it absolutely as an inevitability," Roth told the magazine. "There's contact between the two camps, and they have legitimate management; Irv Azoff is part of their loop now."

But will the rest of Van Halen's members welcome back their first and most popular vocalist, who led the heavy metal band to superstardom, with open arms?

"To me, it's not rocket surgery," added Roth. "It's very simple to put together. And as far as hurt feelings and water under the dam, like What'shername says to What'shername at the end of the movie Chicago--so what? It's showbiz! So, I definitely see it happening."

It was during the acrobatic frontman's tenure from 1974 to 1985 that Van Halen scored its greatest success on the charts, with such classic rock gems as "Jump," "Hot For Teacher," "Panama," "Jamie's Cryin'," "Dance the Night Away" and "Runnin' With the Devil," among others.

But bad blood between Roth and guitarist Eddie Van Halen, bassist Michael Anthony and drummer Alex Van Halen surfaced over his increasingly showman-like stage antics. After the release of Van Halen's sixth and most acclaimed album, 1984, the flamboyant crooner left the group in 1985 and launched a middling solo career.

He was replaced by Sammy Hagar and Van Halen entered a softer, more pop-oriented phase (an era many fans refer to as the Van Hagar years).

The original lineup did get back together briefly in 1996, when Roth was invited to join Eddie and the boys in the studio to record two new songs for Van Halen's Best of Vol. 1. However, a bizarre appearance by the foursome at the MTV Video Music Awards that year revealed the old tensions were still there.

Talk of a full-blown reunion has been on and off since then, heating up in 1999 after Van Halen ended their two-year ill-fated collaboration with their third frontman, Gary Cherone.

Instead, the rockers went on a four-year hiatus, only to resurface in 2004 with a second greatest-hits album and a modestly successful summer reunion tour fronted by Hagar, who returned to his solo career shortly thereafter.

Meanwhile, when he wasn't touring on his own tours or recording solo albums such as 1988's experimental Skyscraper or 1990's more conventional rocker, A Little Ain't Enough, the "Just a Gigolo" singer wrote his autobiography, Crazy From the Heat and tried his hand at being an EMT before turning to radio.

Roth took over the morning drive slot from Stern on CBS Radio in January after the shock jock jumped to Sirius Satellite Network, but low ratings prompted his ousting in April and he was replaced by Opie & Anthony.

However, rumors of a Van Halen reunion got going again when the rocker told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that he had spoken with Anthony and that a reuion was in the offing.
Whether it happens or not, Roth plans to press ahead with his own tour this summer, telling Billboard he's looking forward to playing all the old Van Halen hits with a large band he's assembling.

"I'm so proud of that music," he added. "I like to bring out the brass section now and the keyboard players and the singers and so forth. It's probably a little closer to the Rolling Stones revue than to the early three-piece power trio."
27th May 2006 01:50 PM
mrhipfl lol! "rocket surgery."
27th May 2006 02:09 PM
BONOISLOVE OK. After my AWESOME detour as a journalist, I find myself in a little bit of strees. "OH WHY?" (-- Your funny little minds might ask? Because of this: HOW CAN I TOP MYSELF?)
People: I need a RAIN OF IDEAS from the common men; afterwards, when Mr. Sun appears, I promise I shall deliver a RAINBOW with new and VERY PRETTY LIKE colours. Many thanks in return: THE BONO.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)