ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Pierre Fournier
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Roth Predicts Van Halen Comeback (SSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
26th May 2006 08:16 AM
justinkurian From Billboard.com:

Roth Predicts Van Halen Comeback
Gary Graff, Detroit

Now out of one job, on the radio, David Lee Roth is seeking gainful employment in another capacity -- as lead singer of Van Halen. Again.

"I see it absolutely as an inevitability," says Roth, who was deposed by CBS Radio in late April as one of Howard Stern's replacements. "There's contact between the two camps, and they have legitimate management; Irv Azoff is part of their loop now.

"To me, it's not rocket surgery. It's very simple to put together. And as far as hurt feelings and water under the dam, like what's-her-name says to what's-her-name at the end of the movie 'Chicago' -- 'So what? It's showbiz!' So I definitely see it happening."

Despite that claim, Roth -- who was Van Halen's singer from 1974-1985 -- acknowledges that he hasn't seen Edward Van Halen "in a couple of years." The last time Roth recorded with Van Halen was for the group's "Best Of Van Halen Volume 1" album in 1996, though there have been periodic rumors ever since.

Roth isn't sitting around while he waits for the call, however. He joins the John Jorgensen bluegrass band for two songs -- "Jump" and "Jamie's Cryin' " -- on "Strummin' With the Devil: The Southern Side of Van Halen," a bluegrass-styled tribute to Van Halen. Roth calls it "a detour" as well as "an interesting return...Before there was rock 'n' roll, there was me and a single guitar, flat pickin' Doc Watson (songs)." Roth plans to make a number of TV appearances on behalf of the album, which comes out June 6.

Roth is also planning to tour later this summer to play Van Halen hits -- "I'm so proud of that music," he says -- favorites from his solo album and covers. He says he'll leave the banjos and fiddles at home, though.

"I like to bring out the brass section now and the keyboard players and the singers and so forth," Roth explains. "It's probably a little closer to the Rolling Stones' revue than to the early three-piece power trio. But the demand is amazing; I guess I'm lucky enough to be one of those guys now who can point at the map and say 'Let's go here' -- or, rather, my favorite expression, which is 'Let's follow the sun.'"
26th May 2006 08:20 AM
BILL PERKS I PREDICT I WILL BE THERE
26th May 2006 08:22 AM
egon so will he;

26th May 2006 08:27 AM
Jumping Jack Bottom dwelling losers so desperate they finally need each other?
26th May 2006 08:34 AM
FrankiePeppers
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Bottom dwelling losers so desperate they finally need each other?

Mick and Keith realized they needed each other too.
26th May 2006 10:07 AM
Some Guy Wow!! Thats cool news. I just wish they would release some of the old concerts on dvd!
Dave or the grave!
Bigger than Star Wars!
26th May 2006 10:10 AM
pdog Van Halen and everyone associated, especially DLR, suck. They fail b/c they suck. They've nothing to offer.
Dave is like Mick Taylor, he quit a hugely successful band, and since then has been trying to get back in...
How shitty is his life, that he wants in that piece of crap band?
26th May 2006 10:13 AM
Some Guy individually they are less than stellar but as a group Classic Van Halen would be intresting to see and hear, a new album would be killer! I need closure!!!
26th May 2006 10:17 AM
sirmoonie Yes! Van Halen boogies with Roth. There will be some good material in there. I found a dirty faced keed in a garbage can....

26th May 2006 10:19 AM
corgi37 Oh my God, its 2006!! Fuck! argh! yahhh! ergh!!! They'll all turn to stone!

Man, the horse has bolted. Let it go. This really, truly, is fucking crap. OU812 is art - but thats 19 fucking 88!!

Eddie was ok as soul-less shredder "way back when", but come on, it aint "way back when" now. Its fucking dull!!!

Ok, the Stones are bloody vaudeville, but for fuck's sake, aint there something new??? I loved 1988 (record year for fucking sluts that would challenge Bill Wyman) but, holy cocoa pops, that was 18 years ago!

Some may be glad, but this is sad, nay, its bad, buy a ticket, and you'll be had.
26th May 2006 10:21 AM
Some Guy I used to have a drug problem now I make enough money- DLR
26th May 2006 10:24 AM
sirmoonie I've said it before, and I'll say it again right now. If you want to get drunk, get up on the roof of your apartment building and throw eggs at cars, there is no better band in the world to crank than Van Fucking Halen.

....seaside sittin', just a smokin' and a drinkin', I'm ringside, on top of the world......
26th May 2006 10:33 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again right now. If you want to get drunk, get up on the roof of your apartment building and throw eggs at cars, there is no better band in the world to crank than Van Fucking Halen.

....seaside sittin', just a smokin' and a drinkin', I'm ringside, on top of the world......

WELL SAID
26th May 2006 10:33 AM
pdog Moonie is drunk and out of eggs!
26th May 2006 10:55 AM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I PREDICT I WILL BE THERE

I predict that you shall NOT be greeted this fall

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=281&zone=pr

The Who Tour - Update

Back to the news page

With venue details still to be confirmed for the US part of the tour, the band will be gigging Stateside between 7th September - 10th October & 5th November - 5th December. More info on the venues as it comes in.
A couple of additional dates have been added to the European leg of the tour
and the definitive schedule is now:

JUNE
17 Leeds University
18 Brighton Centre
25 Wireless Festival - Leeds
28 Ashton Gate Football Stadium, Bristol
30 Werchter Festival - Belgium

JULY
2 Hyde Park Calling Festival - London Hyde Park
3 Beaulieu Motor Museum – Hampshire, England
5 Liverpool Docks
6 Liverpool Docks
8 Oxygen Festival – Naas, Eire
9 T-in-the-Park Festival, Kinross, Scotland
11 Bonn Museumplatz, Germany
12 Berlin Wuhleide, Germany
14 Locarno Moon & Stars, Switzerland
15 Sporting Club, Monte Carlo
17 Vienne Theatre,Antique(near Lyon),France
18 Metz Amneville Arena, France
20 Paleo Festival, Nyon, Switzerland
22 Lovely Days Festival, St Polten, Austria
23 Munsterplatz, Ulm, Germany
26 Palau St Jordi, Barcelona, Spain
27 Sports Palace, Madrid, Spain
29 Pabellon Principe Felipe, Zaragoza, Spain

26th May 2006 11:07 AM
Jumping Jack WHERE ARE THE US DATES?????????
[Edited by Jumping Jack]
26th May 2006 11:11 AM
glencar save energy for a band that matters...
26th May 2006 11:17 AM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again right now. If you want to get drunk, get up on the roof of your apartment building and throw eggs at cars, there is no better band in the world to crank than Van Fucking Halen.

those were good times damn good times
26th May 2006 12:08 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
WHERE ARE THE US DATES?????????
[Edited by Jumping Jack]

Developing ....................
26th May 2006 01:11 PM
BILL PERKS LIVERPOOL DOCKS?A FESTIVAL CROWD INDEED
26th May 2006 01:15 PM
Dan I love old Van Halen, but I am not the least bit interested in a reunion.
26th May 2006 01:16 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Dan wrote:
I love old Van Halen, but I am not the least bit interested in a reunion.

really why not?
26th May 2006 01:26 PM
monkey_man Isn't this the fifth time in 8 years that he's about to "get back together" with VH???
26th May 2006 01:33 PM
Some Guy they're pacing themselves
26th May 2006 01:34 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
LIVERPOOL DOCKS?A FESTIVAL CROWD INDEED

I do not particularly care for your avatar !
26th May 2006 01:37 PM
pdog Joey will be asked to rejoin the C10 before DLR is asked to rejoin VH.
Both have been humiliated!
26th May 2006 01:38 PM
Some Guy Van Halen Atomic Punk Lyrics
(Words by Van Halen)

I am a victim of the science age
A child of the storm. Whoa, yes
I can't remember when I was your age
For me! It says no more, no more
Nobody rules these streets at night but me
The Atomic Punk
Oh, yeah. Ah-ah!

I am the ruler of these netherworlds
The underground. Whoa, yes
On every wall and place my fearsome name is hung
Just look around. Whoa, yes

Nobody rules these streets at night but me
The Atomic Punk!
Ahhah!

(Guitar Solo)

Ohh!

I am the ruler of these netherworlds
The underground. Oh-oh
On every wall and place my fearsome name is hung
Look around. Whoa, yeah!

Nobody rules these streets at night but me, nobody. Ahhhhhh!
The Atomic Punk!
26th May 2006 01:40 PM
Joey
" Joey will be asked to rejoin the C10 before DLR is asked to rejoin VH. "

The only way out of the C10 is through a coffin . Word .

Joey Entwistle
26th May 2006 01:42 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

The only way out of the C10 is through a coffin . Word .

Not being invited back is also a way out!
26th May 2006 01:45 PM
Joey " Not being invited back is also a way out! "

There is NO C10 without Baby Steel Magnolia

None

NINEA

NINEA SHAE
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)