ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Pierre Fournier
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jamming with Stu header Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th May 2006 12:09 AM
Altamont Excellent!!

I used to have the video of Shake Your Hips from this same session, and I've seen the Loving Cup vid from this too. What else is there ? Just weeks before the 1972 US tour!
26th May 2006 12:14 AM
glencar Phenomenol!
26th May 2006 01:00 AM
Poplar that's some crazy pipe Taylor is hitting after the jam.
just spent about an hour on youtube .. LOTS of stuff
[Edited by Poplar]
26th May 2006 01:15 AM
Altamont They were fuckin untouchable at this point. No band comes close. Time to listen to the 72 boots again..
26th May 2006 03:07 AM
Riffhard This is a prime example of why Keith got the nickname The Human Riff. Look,listen,and learn from this zen master! There is not one cat alive today playing with that kinda soul. He reeks cool. He exudes rhythm. If we could cook him down in a spoon and boot him we'd all be rythmized for life!

Thanks Gerardo for that. At first I thought the video headers were a bit of a bust,but I'll be damned if this one here don't make 'em out to be just one more reason why Rocks Off is the greatest of all the Stones' message boards.

I love this fucking band!!!

Riffy
26th May 2006 03:25 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Altamont wrote:
What else is there ?

from that same session there is this really funky jam - mick T. is grooving on some chordal lead type riff

wonderful stuff
26th May 2006 03:55 AM
Altamont Ohhhh yeah!

Loving Cup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxWPHNjGaHs
26th May 2006 05:52 AM
PartyDoll MEG You did it again, Voodoo!! Thanks
26th May 2006 05:54 AM
Pierre Stu what a man, what a sound.

Nothing compare to Chuck really.
26th May 2006 06:35 AM
clubred
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Excellent!!

I used to have the video of Shake Your Hips from this same session, and I've seen the Loving Cup vid from this too. What else is there ? Just weeks before the 1972 US tour!

Juicy!!!!!
From which boot are these videos coming from?
Any chance to have this on DVD uploaded to the tracker or on DIME?
26th May 2006 06:49 AM
MemoFromTinaTurner I have this on a bootleg DVD. They play Shake Your Hips, Tumbling Dice #1, Tumbling Dice #2, [Bluesberry] Jam (with Ian Stewart on piano), [John's] Jam and Loving Cup (playback with live vocals).

IT was filmed in Theatre Rialto (Montreux, Switzerland) May 17-21, 1972.
26th May 2006 07:01 AM
clubred May we hope for an upload ? Would be so kind of you :-)
26th May 2006 09:30 AM
Irina I'm enchanted......it's real magic
Thank You, Voodoo!
26th May 2006 10:01 AM
Mel Belli Had never seen any of that footage before. I love it!
26th May 2006 10:05 AM
corgi37 Yeah, that has gotta be the Loving Cup vid day. But, there is a song called "Can you feel the love tonight?" by Elton "i can get my feet behind my head" John.

Well...you can just feel the love in that clip. Love? Maybe i mean respect. Come on, it's Stu's fucking band!

Tis a pity he's gone. That man held them together. Keith looks fucked, but boy, he's playing damn fine. MT looks a bit lost. As in "What this jamming shit??".

But, ay, is Charlie in his element or what? I love this band. I truly do. 1 day, all this shit will be on dvd, remastered, with sub-titles and commentary. And, to a person, we shall weep as we witness Gods at work.

P.S. Jagger's shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
26th May 2006 10:38 AM
BILL PERKS FANTASTIC!
26th May 2006 10:48 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Ohhhh yeah!

Loving Cup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxWPHNjGaHs

Oh fuck! That is beautiful. Jeez, thanks Altie.
26th May 2006 11:30 AM
MemoFromTinaTurner
quote:
clubred wrote:
May we hope for an upload ? Would be so kind of you :-)

Sorry, I have no way to upload this but you should try to find a bootleg DVD called "Stoned In London And Montreux". It's really good with menus, tracklist and good image and sound quality. The DVD includes both The Stones' live performance at the Marquee (1971) and this stuff from Montreux (1972). The performance of "Shake Your Hips" is really good, I love seeing Charlie play that drum beat with his eyes closed and just enjoying the music. The other jam which is called "John's Jam" is basically Mick Taylor playing a funky riff and the whole band jamming over that riff. Really good stuff.
26th May 2006 11:35 AM
star star i always think charlie is in his element in these jams, he just swings like a motherf**ker, and keith is laying down some pretty smart blues leads (in between smoking, of course)
26th May 2006 12:11 PM
sirmoonie Jeez, you guys. The Rolling Stones - they are it, man. What a fantastic rock and roll band. By far the best, in my opinion. Truly an incredible force on this earth.
26th May 2006 01:23 PM
Tom Great stuff thank you
26th May 2006 05:09 PM
kath superb!!
26th May 2006 07:00 PM
tumbling dice
Amazing! Stu and Charlie were leading the band and Keith stoned as hell doing a bluesy solos but he and Mick Taylor always get troubles in play together.The video shows it.
27th May 2006 06:51 PM
gotdablouse Excellent, didn't realize there was a video of that, it was on one of my first K7 boots back in '85 ! Need to track down that tape BTW.

Anyone know how to save these vids ?

Just watched "Loving Cup" and man it's depressing to see what kind of great songs they could write...if only the lyrics...and that wasn't deemed good enough for release for 2 years ! Now we get complete crap like "She saw me coming", sad, sad, sad.
[Edited by gotdablouse]
27th May 2006 07:12 PM
Altamont
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Excellent, didn't realize there was a video of that, it was on one of my first K7 boots back in '85 ! Need to track down that tape BTW.

Anyone know how to save these vids ?

You might be able to save Youtube vids with these:

http://keepvid.com/

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2390/

I have never tried them myself, though.
27th May 2006 07:29 PM
gotdablouse Thanks, downloading with keepvid !
28th May 2006 02:59 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Jamming with Stu!
Rialto Theater - Montreaux, Switzerland - 18th May 1972
© Beat-Club, Radio Bremen - Germany

28th May 2006 04:53 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
MemoFromTinaTurner wrote:
I have this on a bootleg DVD. They play Shake Your Hips, Tumbling Dice #1, Tumbling Dice #2, [Bluesberry] Jam (with Ian Stewart on piano), [John's] Jam and Loving Cup (playback with live vocals).

IT was filmed in Theatre Rialto (Montreux, Switzerland) May 17-21, 1972.

Shake Your Hips is the major rarity here. They only rehearsed it, it is available on the Mid 72' Tour Dallas rehearsal bootleg,i think
28th May 2006 05:08 AM
Altamont
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

Shake Your Hips is the major rarity here. They only rehearsed it, it is available on the Mid 72' Tour Dallas rehearsal bootleg,i think

It was on Dime in killer quality(THE VIDEO of Shake your hips). I wish i still had it!
28th May 2006 09:48 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

Shake Your Hips is the major rarity here.

no ... this so called "john's jam" - (a working title at best you'd think ) is the rarity - super fine

forget solos to gimme shelter this is M T's legacy

as soon as you hear this you know he played bass on tumbling dice

love the rehearsals of TD too ...charlie's one shot (did somebody drop something) intros - well you can hear the coltrane(wreck)

[Deleted by stonedinaustralia]

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)