ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Đ 1965 Pierre Fournier
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Emotional Rescues Vs Their Satanic Majesties Request Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th May 2006 01:17 PM
Some Guy
quote:
CraigP wrote:
Their Satanic Majetie's Request, BY A LIGHTYEAR!

I do like some cuts off of E/R...
But I don't think enought of you have really experienced S/M in order to get to know it, understand it and evenyually love it.

it frightens me
24th May 2006 04:46 PM
tumbling dice
Emotional rescue.In my opinion Their Satanic is their worst album.
24th May 2006 04:55 PM
MrPleasant Kiss Alive vs. Frampton Comes Alive
24th May 2006 06:05 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
CraigP wrote:

I do like some cuts off of E/R...
But I don't think enought of you have really experienced S/M in order to get to know it, understand it and evenyually love it.

I love being spanked while listening to emotional rescue!
Especially on Indian Girl and Where the boys go.
[Edited by Jumacfly]
24th May 2006 10:22 PM
Soldatti
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Kiss Alive vs. Frampton Comes Alive

Great albums!
24th May 2006 11:37 PM
pdog
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

it frightens me

I love scarey music, I love music that takes risks. I love TSMR. Ever since the reissue, I've fallen in love with this album. It's got some low points, in contrived attempts to be psychedelic, but when it hits, it hits just right. Way ahaead of it's time.
Citadel is such an amazing song...
25th May 2006 03:43 AM
Honky Tonk Man I listened to Satanic AGAIN last night. You see? I am at least trying to like it, but it's not working. I do not doubt there are some good moments on the record, but I find the majority to be both annoying and tedious. NOW, if they'd ditched Sing This Song Together (See What Happens) and I don't know, say Gomper and stuck on We Love You and Dandelion, we'd have a much better record on our hands. I guess history wouldn't have it anyway. Mediocre LP it is then.
25th May 2006 03:43 AM
MikeyC613 I think the problem is that both albums are considered failures, while Satanic Majesties was to be taken seriously, and Emotional Rescue was anything but.

Emotional Rescue is a Stones fan's album, it's that album that the critics don't give any love to that is unfortunately stuck between Some Girls and Tattoo You. It's an album that catches the greatest band in the world fucking around and having one of the most fun and creative points in their careers in YEARS. It's got unbelievable rock and roll (Let MEEEE Go, She's So Cold), Punk (Where the Boys Go, Summer Romance), Disco (Dance Pt. 1, Emotional Rescue), Blues (Down in the Hole), Country/Folk(Indian Girl), and Reggae (Send it To Me). They had proved themselves as an enduring rock band with Some Girls, and this was their "We Don't Give a Fuck" album. Burn a joint to this album, and you can easily rip through a six pack; by the time Keith tells you you're the last bitch to get paid, you can throw on "Start Me Up" and get Tattoo You rolling. If you have any coke lying around.
25th May 2006 05:52 AM
Ronnie Richards Comparing ER to Satanic is like comparing, say, Self Portrait to Down in the Groove..
25th May 2006 06:49 AM
MemoFromTinaTurner Actually, "Their Satanic Majesties Request" is one of my favourite albums from the Stones. "Citadel" is awesome.
25th May 2006 08:29 AM
Some Guy
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:
I think the problem is that both albums are considered failures, while Satanic Majesties was to be taken seriously, and Emotional Rescue was anything but.

Emotional Rescue is a Stones fan's album, it's that album that the critics don't give any love to that is unfortunately stuck between Some Girls and Tattoo You. It's an album that catches the greatest band in the world fucking around and having one of the most fun and creative points in their careers in YEARS. It's got unbelievable rock and roll (Let MEEEE Go, She's So Cold), Punk (Where the Boys Go, Summer Romance), Disco (Dance Pt. 1, Emotional Rescue), Blues (Down in the Hole), Country/Folk(Indian Girl), and Reggae (Send it To Me). They had proved themselves as an enduring rock band with Some Girls, and this was their "We Don't Give a Fuck" album. Burn a joint to this album, and you can easily rip through a six pack; by the time Keith tells you you're the last bitch to get paid, you can throw on "Start Me Up" and get Tattoo You rolling. If you have any coke lying around.

Sweet!
25th May 2006 08:55 AM
GotToRollMe Though I really like "Satanic Majesties," I'd have to say that "Emotional Rescue" beats it by a mile.
25th May 2006 10:07 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
MemoFromTinaTurner wrote:
Actually, "Their Satanic Majesties Request" is one of my favourite albums from the Stones. "Citadel" is awesome.

SO IS THAT PIC OF KEEF
25th May 2006 11:28 AM
gustavobala I prefer pop of emotional rescue album, of what the psicodelist of their satanic
25th May 2006 03:44 PM
glencar Yes, I know EXACTLY what yer saying!
25th May 2006 04:19 PM
gustavobala donīt worry, glencar, i put on google translator, and...letīs put another way:

emotional rescue: pop
their satanic: psicodelic

i prefer ER!
25th May 2006 04:21 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
CraigP wrote:
Their Satanic Majetie's Request, BY A LIGHTYEAR!

Word.
25th May 2006 09:01 PM
Egbert ER. TSMR is too up and down, much like Dirty Work.
26th May 2006 12:33 AM
glencar
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
donīt worry, glencar, i put on google translator, and...letīs put another way:

emotional rescue: pop
their satanic: psicodelic

i prefer ER!

LOL I swear I knew what you were saying the first time! Listen, I'd never be able to participate in a Brazilian board so I give you credit, mi amigo!
26th May 2006 01:02 AM
West 8 ER,ER,ER
I love this album. I'm listening to it right now. Some of the best Stones lyrics ever. "Maybe I"ll become a playboy,rat on the gay bars and MOOOOOOOOVE to the west side of town"
Every song is great .Yes even Indian Girl I love.
26th May 2006 01:09 AM
Lord Homosex I would take Satanic over ER. There is too much skipping on ER for me. Summer R, Send it to me, are medoicre, Luke warm. I'd rather listen to somehting that evokes SOME kind of reaction. "Gomper" and "See What happens", "Lantern" and the two "2000" songs all are excellent.
26th May 2006 01:26 AM
Altamont I like both albums. Though there's some crap on both. TSMR was the first stones record produced my Mick and keith instead of Andrew and it certainly shows. Not that Andrew really knew what he was doing in the first place, though. I would much rather listen to Satanic or ER instead of Dirty Work.
26th May 2006 01:49 AM
Poplar
ER. period. Even from the time i was just starting to listen to the band's entire catalog, i loved this album. Still do. As many people have pointed out over the years - it's very summertime. I just fuck'n love it.

As for TSMR, i just can't dig it. To me, it really does try too hard, and I like lots of psychadelic (or what's considered such anyways) music.

btw, MikeyC613 ... that ER--> Tattoo You thought got me off my ass and to the fridge... let's load up the Rescue.
26th May 2006 07:31 AM
Factory Girl I'll vote for Satanic because I love 2000 Light Years From Home and She's A Rainbow.

FG!
26th May 2006 09:35 AM
gustavobala
quote:
glencar wrote:

LOL I swear I knew what you were saying the first time! Listen, I'd never be able to participate in a Brazilian board so I give you credit, mi amigo!

ok, thanxs!
26th May 2006 09:51 PM
Soldatti I heard ER today (first time this year I think) and it sounds fresh. The sound and the production is top notch.
29th May 2006 06:42 AM
stewed & Keefed Satanic Majesties by a mile the whole album has a great flow to it,unlike ER, light-weight songs to downright crap.
"Down in the hole" sounds ok but it would surrounded by garbage.
29th May 2006 10:14 PM
texile
quote:
West 8 wrote:
ER,ER,ER
I love this album. I'm listening to it right now. Some of the best Stones lyrics ever. "Maybe I"ll become a playboy,rat on the gay bars and MOOOOOOOOVE to the west side of town"
Every song is great .Yes even Indian Girl I love.

yes, that line is my second favorite from ER...
the first being,
'they're fighting for mr. castro in the streets of angooooolaaaa...'
brilliant!

and excellent post mikey...
ER was the first new stones album i waited for and it has that special place in my heart....
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)