ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Pierre Fournier
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Emotional Rescues Vs Their Satanic Majesties Request Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd May 2006 07:19 PM
Honky Tonk Man Yeah, yeah, I know. There are absolutely no real comparisons between the albums to make, but I had a little disagreement with my mate stewed & Keefed in the pub earlier and I just thought I’d bring it to the board. So, what do you prefer? Satanic Majesties or Emotional Rescue? There is no need to give reason=s. A straight out answer will do nicely. As I originally stated, you can’t really compare the two in a lot of ways, but for arguments sake, WHICH do you enjoy listening to the most?

For me? EMOTIONAL RESCUE!
23rd May 2006 07:30 PM
Mel Belli "Emotional Rescue" by a mile...
23rd May 2006 07:32 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
"Emotional Rescue" by a mile...

Exactly! That's my viewpoint too!
23rd May 2006 07:33 PM
Soldatti Both are the weakest Stones albums IMO, Satanic Majesties is a silly thing and ER is ridiculous. I go with ER by a hair, Where The Boys Go is a dirty pleasure.
23rd May 2006 07:43 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Both are the weakest Stones albums IMO, Satanic Majesties is a silly thing and ER is ridiculous. I go with ER by a hair, Where The Boys Go is a dirty pleasure.

A dirty pleasure? LOL, many will tell you that they consider it a masterpiece1 I know that Gazza is a huge fan! I was actually listening to Emotional Rescue this afternoon and despite having to skip through most of the actual Emotional Rescue song itself, I found the record to be really enjoyable. I was slagging it off earlier on the Tell Me board, but it's actually rather wonderful
23rd May 2006 08:02 PM
FrankiePeppers ER has some of the best disco beats that era produced. It is a solid album. Had it some out a couple of years earlier, it would have been a bigger hit. The fact that the Stones can do a good disco album shows how good they are. They can tackle any musical genre and do it well.
23rd May 2006 08:11 PM
jtorquetti
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
"Emotional Rescue" by a mile...

Yeah!
23rd May 2006 08:19 PM
the good Emotional Rescue is the most underrated album in the Stones catalog.
23rd May 2006 08:19 PM
lotsajizz ER is excellent...one of their best
23rd May 2006 08:38 PM
glencar Another vote for ER here...also by a mile.
23rd May 2006 09:01 PM
texile i beg your pardon honky -
EM is a gem.....
and a snapshot of my formative stones years.
23rd May 2006 09:09 PM
glencar EM?
23rd May 2006 10:17 PM
texile
quote:
glencar wrote:
EM?

wtf.....
damn glencar - you let NOTHING slide...lol
23rd May 2006 10:41 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Well... both are easily better than Dirty Work. But I lean more towards Emotional Rescue.
23rd May 2006 10:56 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Both are the weakest Stones albums IMO, Satanic Majesties is a silly thing and ER is ridiculous. I go with ER by a hair, Where The Boys Go is a dirty pleasure.

My feelings exactly. Satanic Majesties has two classic songs that are better than anything on ER (She's a Rainbow & 2000 Lights Years From Home) though Down in The Hole is close to those two in quality. Disco is not really why I listen to the Stones. I'd give it a tie (they're both weak) with maybe Satanic Majesties winning by a nose (what can I say & call me old fashioned but I've always preferred psychedelic forms of music to disco type beats or the groove as some around here like to call it).
24th May 2006 12:19 AM
the good
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

My feelings exactly. Satanic Majesties has two classic songs that are better than anything on ER (She's a Rainbow & 2000 Lights Years From Home)

I think your thorazine prescription needs to be cut in half. Please take one every other day from now on.
24th May 2006 01:15 AM
Poplar
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
ER is excellent...one of their best

you preach'n the gospel, brutha.
24th May 2006 02:00 AM
Jumacfly ER is one their best record, the funniest one , with a killer intro with this huge groove, the rest is a marvellous collection of all the styles that makes the Stones so great, from punk to blues via mariachis and many other styles.

it s the perfect record for summer IMHFO
24th May 2006 04:32 AM
sssoul Satanic Majesties

Keith, be well - all the way, baby, all the way
24th May 2006 04:45 AM
BrianJonesGirl SATANIC
24th May 2006 05:19 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

Satanic Majesties has two classic songs that are better than anything on ER (She's a Rainbow & 2000 Lights Years From Home)

This is certainly true
24th May 2006 07:26 AM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves I have no use for either album.........
24th May 2006 09:14 AM
Scottfree Let Me Go, is Stones Guitar personified, lots of weaving, and Chaz Berry esque... Down in the Hole, is one of the best blues songs ever made, wish they would dust this one off....

ER

2000 Man, 2000 Light years, and The Latern are excellent and She's a Rainbow however would make a premier side 1 or 2 of an album.....
24th May 2006 11:38 AM
Ihavelotsajam ER
24th May 2006 11:57 AM
Saint Sway ER is one of the most fun albums of all time. A glorious coked out party album of fast, cocky, silly, sloppy fun. Highly underated IMO.

Satanic Majesties, however, is like a wet, runny fart that you really wish hadnt leaked out. You'd take it back if you could... but you just have to change your underwear and move on.

and those that choose to admire it are just demented and gross.
24th May 2006 12:07 PM
sirmoonie Emotional Rescue! A great summer album. Yes, vastly underrated.

I can't remember the last time I played Satanic. Rainbow is on Through The Past, Darkly, so there is really no reason to ever play Satanic.
24th May 2006 12:12 PM
Honky Tonk Man As well as Emotional Rescue, I actually gave Satanic a spin. It was a wretched experience. I love the psychedelic experience, which is why I dig the album out every now and again. I guess it's because of this that I really want to like it. I love the front cover, but the music is weak beyond belief. Like everyone, I did She's A Rainbow, but unlike many others, have never like 2000 Light Years From Home. I think Citadel has a quite nice meaty riff, but it falls flat in my opinion.

Weak, weak, weak.
24th May 2006 12:14 PM
Nellcote I absolutely think Satanic is great.
It harkens back to those thrilling days
of my youth, chanting those songs, while
doing God knows what.
The evolution of Beggars, as I like to refer to it.
Very crisp recording.
Go and find an old German pressing of the cd, when cd's 1st came out, it shows London on the label.
Not to be surpassed.

ER is a fine lp. Very salty Stones, almost in the Undercover vein. More of an attempt at lp sales than the concept of Satanic.

By the way, I'm prohibited contractually from discussing the
events which took place during my youth which caused so much enjoyment for this typist, sorry.
24th May 2006 12:58 PM
Some Guy A motion ull rezz que!!
24th May 2006 01:04 PM
CraigP Their Satanic Majetie's Request, BY A LIGHTYEAR!

I do like some cuts off of E/R...
But I don't think enought of you have really experienced S/M in order to get to know it, understand it and evenyually love it.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)