ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Đ 1965 Pierre Fournier
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Football world cup 2006 who wins? Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th May 2006 11:03 AM
Honky Tonk Man steel driving hamer is right!

ENGLAND will reign victorious this summer. Rooney may not be fit, but Owen is getting there and we have two of the worlds finest midfielders in Gerrard and Lampard. I don't think there will be many teams who'll beable to compete with us in the middle of the park.
19th May 2006 06:44 PM
DJAsh Rooney is coming back at a pace..the healing powers of youth.

England have a great chance, but there is always the "bent referee" factor...

Brasil, Argentina, England or Holland.
19th May 2006 08:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
steel driving hamer is right!

ENGLAND will reign victorious this summer. Rooney may not be fit, but Owen is getting there and we have two of the worlds finest midfielders in Gerrard and Lampard. I don't think there will be many teams who'll beable to compete with us in the middle of the park.

England might have the best midfield in the tournament but its not going to be much use if they have two world class forwards crocked and have to rely on a 17 year old rookie up front (good prospect though he is - but for 2010 or 2014!)

Eriksson's selection of forwards for this tournament are very bizarre to say the least.

With a fit team, England have a first XI capable of beating anyone. I'm not convinced they have the right coach to win it, though
19th May 2006 08:50 PM
MrPleasant My money's on the LADYBUGS.
20th May 2006 05:42 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Eriksson's selection of forwards for this tournament are very bizarre to say the least.

My sources told me that Pete Doherty could play the world cup to replace Crouch.
Despite this surprising line of forwards England got a chance ....to win against Paraguay
the rest..hu hu..they got better chance to win on Playstation IMHFO.
20th May 2006 06:16 AM
Honky Tonk Man Today's Sun newspaper is reporting that Rooney WILL BE FIT for Englsnds opening match!
20th May 2006 06:29 AM
stewed & Keefed Trinidad and Tobago How can they lose with these two players.

Brent Sancho (Gillingham), Ian Cox (Gillingham).
20th May 2006 06:34 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Trinidad and Tobago How can they lose with these two players.

Brent Sancho (Gillingham), Ian Cox (Gillingham).

I KNOW! I'd completely forgotten that the Gills had two Trinidad and Tobago internationals going to the World Cup! I really hope they're regulars in the side and will play against England. I actually think the Gills have another international in their team, but I can't remember who.
20th May 2006 09:24 AM
maumau
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
brazil, argentina, italy are the favourites, the brazilian and argentina defense are weak, like a italy attack, weak too!

germany are so weak in this cup, but play in home!

england is like spain, come strongs but fall, letīs wait to see!

holland can be a good surprise, like a france, but i dpnīt believe who will win!

i agree but the idea of italy as a team with strong defense and weak attack is old stereotype. This time is much the other way around with the best scorer in europe Toni (31 goals just in the league) to be the first of a three players' attack. Instead we have a defense with 2 good but a little bit old players (in the middle) but no choices expecially on the sides.

I like very much the attitude of Holland to give young players a chance leaving at home the big ones (seedorf for example). I hope they will go far.

Of course Brazil is the favourite. But Ronaldo and Adriano are far from their top. And we can only hope that Ronaldinho will play as he did in the World Champion final. Otherwise there's little room for hope.

Hope it will be a different world cup than the Japan/Korea with regards to referees.
20th May 2006 09:47 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
maumau wrote:

Hope it will be a different world cup than the Japan/Korea with regards to referees.

Good point maumau.
this Wold cup was a fuckin'joke.
20th May 2006 09:56 AM
maumau well jumac looking at it now from Italy....what can I say... it looks like the worst you think the closer you get to the way things go, so...
20th May 2006 10:06 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
maumau wrote:
well jumac looking at it now from Italy....what can I say... it looks like the worst you think the closer you get to the way things go, so...

Even worse than the Euro 2000 final game??

(just kidding, any german poster could humiliating me in 2 seconds if it s related to football!)
20th May 2006 10:20 AM
maumau dont know if you have any info about what is happening here in Italy. Newspapers call it "Calciogate". It is much more than a mediocre referee with a weak for the big team. It's a system where a few people seemed to control not only a dozen of referee but also players, coaches, smaller clubs and, of course, the results of many matches...

so i hope the Italian system is not a small mirror of the Fifa's management of the game.
20th May 2006 10:23 AM
Jumacfly Of course I ve heard about that.I ve heard the conversations between Moggi and the referees guy.
It's surrealistic.
Hope the bastards will pay.It's the answer of many questions about referees and Juve during the last seasons.I know that several Calcio trainers, players or president did complain a lot during the 2 last seasons.
and they were fuckin right!
the last Juve/ Parma was a scandal!!

Do you think the guilty clubs (I ve heard about Viola, Juve and??) will play in seria B next year??
If yes, many european clubs will be there to buy their best players for sure.

[Edited by Jumacfly]
21st May 2006 04:55 AM
maumau state of the art is:
juve is 99% out of serie A, maybe will play serie B next year but there are chances that they will be sent down to serie C. it depends on what they certify as truth: it is enough to "try" to "change" the result of 1 match to be sent to serie B (it happened to Genoa last year), so if you have tried to change the result of 19 matches....
The other clubs that risk are Fiorentina (Viola), that is my fav club ;(.
It seems that during the season Moggi and his pals in the Federation first made "arrangements" to make Fiorentina lose. I remember one match that was really a scandal because the referee "did not see" a player of Lazio alone on the goal line that stopped with his hand a shoot by a fiorentina player.
Toward the end of the season Fiorentina had lose so many matches that it was on the verge of Serie B. It seems that then the top managers of Fiorentina asked some Moggi's friends what was happening and what can they do to change that. So it seems they joined the gang and made arrangements for the last match of the season to avoid going to serie B. And they succeded. This is enough to go to serie B. And I have to say, if this story is true, we deserve it.

I am very disappointed because this year we have done a great season and we have the european top scorer and we got in Champions League. I dont know if we have done "dirty things" this season but there has been no patent evidence in the matches so...it is very sad to make 74 points and go to serie B

Also Lazio is discussed and Milan but up until now there's no strong evidence for the rossoneri.
21st May 2006 03:50 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff
Happiness is a.s. Roma in champion league and lazio and juve in B!!!!
Happiness is to see the Stones in this tour...
I'm real happy, men!
22nd May 2006 01:19 AM
lucasvm Argentina!
28th May 2006 08:17 AM
axl79 No doubt! Argentina wins this time.
28th May 2006 11:11 AM
egon http://novogate.com/board/968/223664-1.html
28th May 2006 11:32 AM
riffkeither FRANCE will win because of ZIDANE / HENRY / RIBERY
we got the chance to be not attempt
rock on
28th May 2006 02:23 PM
hotlicks FRANCE AND HOLLAND ARE GOOD VALUE AT 14/1---GOOD EACH WAY BET
28th May 2006 09:45 PM
Highwire Rob READY TO ROCK & ROLL!!!!

29th May 2006 09:07 AM
Madafaka USA? Hahaha! It's a joke, right?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)