ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle, Munich 4th June 2003
Thanks Sue!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Good Luck Euro Stones Fans Return to archive
05-25-03 07:09 AM
fmk438j Just want to say (without sounding all soppy) that I hope you all have an excellent time at your show(s) in the next few months.

I'm sure when the Licks opener happened way back in September, June seemed like years away. And I bet you've felt both joy and frustration reading about the various tour legs. But now you have this all ahead of you and can sit back and soak it all up.

Please give us detailed reviews. And please be honest. If they sucked one night, tell us they sucked.

But of course, if they blow the roof of the Verdenbergen or whatever the place is called, tell us how hard and high!

If I could get a free plane ticket over there just to hang in the line, then I'd do it. The atmosphere and excitement in the air would be worth it alone. I can feel it from here already.

Would you welcome please, the Rolling Stones...

[Edited by fmk438j]
05-25-03 07:37 AM
marko oh yeah oh yeah,,,,,like i mentioned on one post,i,we must
try to post some pics as well!
Haha funny but,we have some changes to our european tour.
We were/are suppose to drive thru Lithuania,latvia,and poland to germany....now we�ve been reading road infos from
those countries,,,and i found out that,that i�m allowed to
drive ONLY 70km/hour in poland,,and this makes our trip too
slow.Also camping places are closed during next weekend.
And in my opinion,its way too risky to sleep beside a road
specially in the country where you never been before.So
we MAY/WILL have to drive thru Sweden,which means,,,,i have
to drive 650kilometers north,,,,,,,,and then drive 1600km
thru sweden,,,mad ain�t it.And funny,because this is faster
way,even our trip is then 900 kilometers longer,which makes
total 9500km...fucking mad ain�t it?!
The Poland alone is 2days,one before and one after,that is
4 days+customs,,,,way too slow and risky,,,i loose some
money because i paid boat trip to estonia,,,,but its only
money,and rock n roll and we like it!
see ya in Munich you bastards!
05-25-03 08:02 PM
Angiegirl Thanx Fmk438j, it's great for us now. I thought it was great for you guys a few months ago/last year. And don't worry, we'll keep you updated with all gossip, critical remarks, laughs, mistakes, Lisa's hair and dresses, Mick's shirts and Keef's hair-attributes we encounter. O yeah, and about the playing too of course, lol. We won't forget our RO duty, repaying all your (all of you) beautiful photos and stories!!!

Within 9 days we'll be in Munich and I can't stand that last week. I don't know how to pass the time, lol.

And Marko: sorry to hear about your travel-schedule man, that's a tough trip you just drew for us...jeez, and SSC and me were whining about 9/10 hours in a car to get there...I mean, almost 10.000 km????? Do the Stones PAY you to come over or anything or are you just plain crazy like the rest of us, hahaha!! Good luck to you then, we'll think about you and hopefully we can get a meal or at least a drink together on the 3rd of June!!! Drive carefully!

Love, Angie
05-26-03 07:01 AM
marko Drive carefully,,,,,,,,,thats a good BOOT!LOL,,anyways
i think we can come thru poland after all,,,,,,saves a day!
maybe!
05-26-03 12:54 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Marko: you better get your ass to Munich in time for a meal and some beers!!

05-26-03 01:08 PM
marko Mate,you�re damn right!It takes 2 days for us to get to
germany,then one more to munich,we leave here on saturday
so we should be there on june 2nd!
05-27-03 11:11 PM
corgi37 yes, all the best to you Euro people. I gotta admit i am jealous. i just wish i was a rich little Corgi, as i would be over there following the circus. Hope you get a varied and longer set, heaps of surprises, and maybe a sneaky guest or 2. On ya.
05-28-03 12:18 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Hope you get a varied and longer set, heaps of surprises, and maybe a sneaky guest or 2.

Well, we probably won't, so that maybe eases your pain, LOL!!! Thanx, we will let you enjoy with us. I wish you could all be there, just real fans, an international RO show...
05-28-03 12:47 PM
telecaster
quote:
marko wrote:
oh yeah oh yeah,,,,,like i mentioned on one post,i,we must
try to post some pics as well!
Haha funny but,we have some changes to our european tour.
We were/are suppose to drive thru Lithuania,latvia,and poland to germany....now we�ve been reading road infos from
those countries,,,and i found out that,that i�m allowed to
drive ONLY 70km/hour in poland,,and this makes our trip too
slow.Also camping places are closed during next weekend.
And in my opinion,its way too risky to sleep beside a road
specially in the country where you never been before.So
we MAY/WILL have to drive thru Sweden,which means,,,,i have
to drive 650kilometers north,,,,,,,,and then drive 1600km
thru sweden,,,mad ain�t it.And funny,because this is faster
way,even our trip is then 900 kilometers longer,which makes
total 9500km...fucking mad ain�t it?!
The Poland alone is 2days,one before and one after,that is
4 days+customs,,,,way too slow and risky,,,i loose some
money because i paid boat trip to estonia,,,,but its only
money,and rock n roll and we like it!
see ya in Munich you bastards!

Damn marko I feel bad, I took a $12 - 10 minute cab ride to the United Center. Your trip sounds more fun

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003