ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle, Munich 4th June 2003
Thanks Sue!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What was your first concert? Return to archive Page: 1 2
05-26-03 02:27 AM
L&A
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
First show was Pink Floyd in Werchter/Belgium, May 13, 1989 (I was 14 years old). First Stones show was a year later, Rotterdam/Holland, May 21, 1990.

So we had 2 opportunities to meet, Angie
05-26-03 06:19 AM
dealer squealing First show: Bob Dylan, Reykjav�k Iceland 27th of June 1990, great concert.
First Stones show, Gothenburg Sweden 3 August 1990
still the best, never ever heard Keith play better
05-26-03 06:29 AM
Stonesdoug The first concert I ever saw was the ROlling Stones, Atlantic City Steel Pier, July 1966.
05-26-03 07:41 AM
peterh 1st show: Heineken Night of the Proms in ... 94??? If I remember well B. Ferry was there.

1st Stones show: Hockenheim 1995 Voodoo Lounge... aug 19th??

Peter
05-26-03 12:18 PM
throbby JFK Philly '78. A very short and very LOUD show. I think they were on for an hour and fiteen minutes.
05-26-03 01:12 PM
Honky Tonker The Allman Brothers and Wet Willie in Macon, GA, 1975!!!!

P. S. Some guy named Leavell on the piano!
[Edited by Honky Tonker]
05-26-03 01:49 PM
magicwoman my first concert was the rolling stones
05-26-03 08:32 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
L&A wrote:
So we had 2 opportunities to meet, Angie

Did we? Ah, but maybe we did, we just don't remember! LOL!
05-27-03 01:07 AM
exile first concert I ever saw was

Mick Jagger 'Primative Cool Tour'in 1988.

I was 16 years old and my parents let me and a mate go and see the show

we got drunk on a hip flask of Southern Comfort then got a lift home with my friends parents.

I have never drunk Southern Comfort ever again. Awful Stuff
05-27-03 04:35 AM
Zeeta The LA Doors in Leeds - an actually rather good Doors cover band around 6 years ago. Crazy gig, "jim" thew a HUGE bottle of Jack Daniels into the audience and shouted "Easy drinking boys!!". After that a few people got lifted out because they were paraletic, someone jumped on stage during the middle part of light my fire and shouted down the mic - "Jim" never the less through him off the stage! A great fun gig, although obviously not the *best*!

no-one in the band looks anything like anyone from The Doors apart from a slight resemblance in "Jim"!

Has anyone else seen these crazy bastards?!
05-27-03 06:29 AM
Nellcote Stones-Boston Gahden 7/19/72
05-27-03 02:16 PM
parmeda Queen
1976 Chicago Stadium
(Freddy was a god then...)

1st Stones Concert
1978 Soldiers Field/Chicago

How many concerts total?
I have no clue...but you're more than welcome to come and sort through a tote box with all of the saved ticket stubs.

05-27-03 02:56 PM
Joey " First concert ??????????? "

Foreigner , 1979

" He was only fifteen years old Ronnie "

Jacky !
05-27-03 03:16 PM
Factory Girl My last concert was Jerry Cantrell.
05-27-03 04:45 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:
" First concert ??????????? "

Foreigner , 1979

" He was only fifteen years old Ronnie "

Jacky !

I saw Foreigner too - but ONLY because the Stones MADE me sit through their FM radio dreck in 1978. Same reason the even more horrendous Journey is on my list of bands I wish I hadn't seen.

Your tender age will be taken into consideration when this comes up before the C10 membership committee.
05-27-03 05:10 PM
Joey " Same reason the even more horrendous Journey is on my list of bands I wish I hadn't seen.

Your tender age will be taken into consideration when this comes up before the C10 membership committee. "

Fleabit , you make Joey sniggle . You MAY touch my Monkey this evening .

By the way , and let's keep this just between the two of us , I also saw " STYX " once in concert ( circa 1981 ) with " Hall and Oates " as the opener .

Oh the horror .................

The horror ..................

" Circumcise me Ronnie -- carefully "

Bob Jacky !
05-27-03 06:16 PM
stewed & Keefed The Swinging Blue Jeans 1963 at the London Palladium (how sad is that)
05-27-03 06:52 PM
mac_daddy please don't ban me for this:

my first concert was Tears for Fears at the Hollywood Palladium, touring in support of the "Big Chair" album, the year had to be 1984-5???

in sort of related news - the 5 original members of Duran Duran are playing in town this summer. Tix go on sale Saturday.

It is safe to say that I won't be attending.
05-27-03 07:36 PM
Phog First concert for me was Jackson Browne in '75 or '76 in Wichita, KS.
05-27-03 08:07 PM
MarthaMyDear My first concert was, I THINK (I seriously can't remember because I was incredibly stoned... lol.................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ), was Johnathan and/or Edgar Winter!!! CRACKING-UP!!! I KNOW IT WAS A FRICKING WINTER BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER EXACTLY WHO!!! lol.................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P And, I THOUGHT it was jazz, but maybe I'm wrong (?!?!?!)... Dang... I'm hopeless!!! lol.................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
That was some strong-ass pot, though, I must say!!!
lol.................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
But, the shows I saw after that were all punk rock for a long time and I THINK the first one was The Adolescents POSSIBLY with the first incarnation of T.S.O.L. (with Jack, etc.)!!! I ALMOST saw The Go-Go's when they were still considered a punk band at the same place (the Cukoo's Nest in Costa Mesa, California, next to the cowboy bar that the Vandals had that hit song about) before seeing the Adolescents and wish I had just 'cause I've never seen them, etc.!!! OH, THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!! ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003