ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle, Munich 4th June 2003
Thanks Sue!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What was your first concert? Return to archive Page: 1 2
05-25-03 01:17 AM
beer What was the first concert you ever went to, Stones or otherwise?
My very first show was Social Distortion, Seattle 1988. I was 11 years old! Social Distortion has covered "Backstreet Girl" and a really great version of "Under My Thumb".
The first Stones show I saw was Seattle 1997.
Did any of ya get to see the Stones with Brian?
[Edited by beer]
05-25-03 01:41 AM
fmk438j My first band seeing event was my first year of high school at a dance. It was really loud so I had to put my fingers in my ears. I was told I was a dork because of this, which was probably deserved.

My first stones was April 1st 1995, but I don't remember it much because I was 15.

05-25-03 01:43 AM
LENNONLADY first Stones concert Halloween 2002 !!!!!! i saw Social Distortion right after that! it was great to mosh to "under my thumb" (it was part of my crazy concert series, Tom Petty,Paulie, Stones, Stones,Social D, and Stones!!!!) only 17 i could die happy!
05-25-03 02:02 AM
FPM C10 First concert: Ten Years After and Dr John The Night Tripper, Harrisburg Farm Show Arena, in 1973. I didn't know anything about Dr John but he blew me away with "I Walk On Gilded Splinters". (30 years later - this year - I saw Dr John in a much better Hbg venue, the Whitaker Center, and "Gilded Splinters" was still a highlight). I loved TYA at the time and desperarely wanted to hear my two favorites from "A Space In Time", "I'd Love To Change The World" and "Baby Won't You Let Me Rock & Roll You". They did neither. I remember they DID do an interminable version of "I'm Going Home" and then their PA blew up and we were treated to a drum solo. At some point their bass player, who had a Salvador Dali moustache, told us we were standing in shit (being in the Farm Show and all)and then they left. It sucked.

The next one was better - Edgar Winter Group (yes, they did Josh's favorite, "Frankenstein") and J Geils Band in the Hershey Arena. I'd taken acid while hitch-hiking there and the drugs were timed perfectly - peaking for Edgar's synthesizer squiggles, back down with hash to take the edge off for Geils. J Geils played past curfew and ended up with all the house lights on, still rocking. This was before "Angel Is A Centerfold and all that dreck - it was when "Full House" was out. I still recommend that album.

First Stones show, often cited, was 1975 at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. It left a lasting impression.
05-25-03 02:24 AM
F505 First Stones concert: 1976 in the Zuiderpark The Hague and my first concert ever must be in that same year Luther Allison who played the blues really hard in these days....
05-25-03 02:46 AM
Gimme Shelter My first concert was the Scorpions in 1984. My first Stones show was in 1989 in Oakland. I've seen the Stones a total of twelve times.
05-25-03 04:11 AM
Prodigal Son Well, my first ROCK concert was Bob Dylan back last year and since then I've seen two other great American singer-songwriters, though not up to Bob's level of legend, in John Prine (whom I met-he has a big wedge in his neck from surgery to stop throat cancer) and Bruce Springsteen, who always puts on a great show.
05-25-03 05:00 AM
Madafaka My first Rolling Stones concert was 09/Feb/95.
I saw Rolling Stones live seven times.
05-25-03 05:58 AM
shakedhandswithkeith Supertramp (Breakfast In America Tour) 1979,
first Stones concert 1990 in Hannover
05-25-03 06:27 AM
crb69 First show - Billy Idol & the Cult '87 (PNC)

Stones - '89 Phillie Vets
'90 Shea
'94 Giants
'97 Giants
'98 MSG
'99 Phillie FUC
'02 MSG
'02 Giants
'03 MSG HBO...will go again...this year???
05-25-03 07:57 AM
J.J.Flash My first Stones concert==> Estádio (Stadium) do Ibirapuera, São Paulo, april 13, 1998. Bob Dylan opened the night with a good show.
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
05-25-03 08:47 AM
steel driving hammer The opening night of the Babylon Tour at Soldier Field.

The crowd sat on their ass almost the entire time.
05-25-03 08:57 AM
J.J.Flash Steel fella, good to see you again. Well, you have PM. I answered your question on this last one.
Cheers!
05-25-03 09:48 AM
40licksdame If I told you about my first concert ever....you probably wouldn't believe me!!!

My first Stones show after many years of wanting to soooo badly, was on this tour!!! I only had a ticket for the first show in Atlanta......I also only had plans to attend that first show in Atlanta!!!!! Something happened that night in Atlanta & things changed!!!!!!LOL!!!!!

Atlanta, Ga. 10-26-02
Nashville, Tn 11-12-02
Pittsburgh, Pa 1-10-03
New York, NY 2-16-03
New York, NY 2-18-03 HBO
Chicago,Il 2-22-03
Las Vegas, Nv 2-08-03

Now I'm just waiting on August..... 3 shows in Holland.

That is....... if another doesn't come my way first!!!!!!!!

Yep....I got it BAD & that's DAMN GOOD!!!!!!!!!

Dame
05-25-03 10:23 AM
LadyJane
quote:
40licksdame wrote:
If I told you about my first concert ever....you probably wouldn't believe me!!!

My first Stones show after many years of wanting to soooo badly, was on this tour!!! I only had a ticket for the first show in Atlanta......I also only had plans to attend that first show in Atlanta!!!!! Something happened that night in Atlanta & things changed!!!!!!LOL!!!!!

Atlanta, Ga. 10-26-02
Nashville, Tn 11-12-02
Pittsburgh, Pa 1-10-03
New York, NY 2-16-03
New York, NY 2-18-03 HBO
Chicago,Il 2-22-03
Las Vegas, Nv 2-08-03

Now I'm just waiting on August..... 3 shows in Holland.

That is....... if another doesn't come my way first!!!!!!!!

Yep....I got it BAD & that's DAMN GOOD!!!!!!!!!

Dame

I know who you are D.!! We met and partied in Vegas!! I'm the crazy redhead (P.) who met up with you, Denton, and xpensivewinette at the "welcome" party. I told you guys Rocks Off was awesome. Welcome aboard!!

LadyJ.

PS You guys are going to Holland? I'm so jealous!!
05-25-03 10:44 AM
corgi37 After seeing zillions of relatively unknown bands at various uni gigs, my 1st real show was QUEEN at the Melbourne sports & entertainment centre. Must have been around 84 as radio ga-ga was out. Not bad show at all. Hammer to fall was my fave song at the time, and it was awesome. Ran to the front towards the end, and my mate scored the pair of fake tits Freddie Mercury wore. Saw jagger twice in 88. once at the one of the normal gigs, and of course, as i have written before, the incredible show at the Corner Hotel. Of course, us Aussies had to wait decades for the bastards to return, so 1st Stones show for me was Melbourne MCG 27th march 95. 2nd time (and believe me, i never thought i'd see them again) was 27th feb this year, 8 rows from the front, 1 row behind Daethgod (whats happened to him?). This time, i really, really think i wont see them again.
05-25-03 10:53 AM
LadyJane First Stones concert--June, 1975 Tour of the Americas. Lotus petal stage. As the petal opened, Mick was perched atop one of the leaves. I've never been the same since.

First Concert--I didn't see the Monkees......it would have to be.....are you ready for this.......David Cassidy in 1971 or 1972

God am I aging myself!!

LOL

LadyJ.
05-25-03 11:10 AM
sirmoonie My first was the Bay City Rollers when I was 8 years old. I can't remember why I ended up there or much of what happened, but was struck by the sight of older girls banging their hips together and dancing in the aisles. And I knew intuitively that was good.

My second was actually Led Zeppelin when I was 10. It was the first time I got stoned, I subsequently got lost from the older kids who had consented to me tagging along, and saw a guy shoot heroin in the bathroom while loud, deranged music and Plant's Ooooos and Ahhhhhhhs completely fucked with my impressionable head. I vowed never to do a lot of things ever and/or ever again that day, but I think I ended up doing them all anyway at one point or another.

First Stones was 1981 in Phoenix. I hadn't yet given my life over to the Stones so wasn't entirely up to speed on the whole situation. I remember not being terribly impressed with the music, but was glad to get a chance to see them because they were so old and surely they would be breaking up soon.
05-25-03 12:01 PM
Moonisup first concert: 06-14-1995, 12 years old

first stonesconcert: 06-14-1995, 12 years old, Nijmegen, Voodoo lounge tour,

don't remember alot, but 1 thing I keeps coming back, I got tears in my eyes when Not fade away started

rik
05-25-03 12:39 PM
Brown Sugar January 27 1995, Sao Paolo (only one hour from here, by plain), Brazil,
Voodoo Lounge Tour.
Lots of rain during all concert. Another reason to never forget it.

[Edited by Brown Sugar]
05-25-03 02:09 PM
tDice pimp my first concert was herbie hancock
05-25-03 02:22 PM
Stray Cat My 1st gig was Queen in Leeds ,England May 82,shortly followed by The Stones at Wembley 26th june '82.

10 Stones shows in total;

2 in 82
2 in 90
2 in 95
1 in 98
3 in 99
And 4 definite in 2003,hopefully a couple more,if extra dates are added ? It's always special
05-25-03 03:39 PM
L&A 1962, 21st April: London, Ealing Jazz Club. Jam-session
Line-up: MJ (voc)/KR (gtr)/CW (dr)/Dick Taylor (bass)/Cyril Davies (harm)
05-25-03 03:41 PM
L&A Sorry, stupid joke

First concerts year was 1979, with Santana, Dire Straits, Machiavel, ... and others
05-25-03 07:49 PM
Angiegirl First show was Pink Floyd in Werchter/Belgium, May 13, 1989 (I was 14 years old). First Stones show was a year later, Rotterdam/Holland, May 21, 1990.
05-25-03 09:16 PM
Lazy Bones Paul McCartney - Toronto, SkyDome Thursday 7th December, 1989. Sweet little sixteen.
First Stones' show was 5 yrs, 3 days later. Same venue.

Both shows were free as tickets were given to me.
05-25-03 11:19 PM
tumblingdice First concert around 92 or 93 with the Black Crowes

First Stones Show in Orlando 1997, could not sleep the night before so had about 15 or 20 minutes of sleep before just deciding fuck it and left around 6 in the morning for the drive down. Got there around 11 or so and spent the day in the parking lot fending off whinos begging for tickets and pretending I had not got mine yet!! Also hiding my whiskey bottle from them as well so as not to have to share ( these were shady looking people) Cold that night for Florida. I remember wishing Santana would finish so I could finally see the Stones and remember the tears in my eyes as they finally came out and my wish was finally fulfilled.
05-25-03 11:53 PM
full moon 1985 , The Thompson Twins with OMD........
05-26-03 12:00 AM
sammy davis jr. Alice Cooper- Billion Dollar Babies Tour 1972
Stones Shows: Cleveland 1978

05-26-03 02:11 AM
Dan Journey and Bryan Adams at the Forum in 1983
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003