ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle, Munich 4th June 2003
Thanks Sue!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Virgin press report about "40 Licks" and others albums. Return to archive
05-25-03 01:04 AM
Soldatti This is a private press bulletin what I got with much help by my friend in Virgin Records.

Rolling Stones sales of their last album pass the 5 millions mark worldwide:

The last record of the Rolling Stones "Forty Licks" has sold more than 5 millions worldwide acording to recent sales report. Also shipments of the album reaches the 6 millions mark.

The album has sold more than 2.4 millions in US, 180.000 in Canada, 150.000 in Japan, 110.000 in Australia and 2 millions in Europe, reaching gold awards in 21 countries and platinum status in 12. The album also reaches #1 in 11 countries and Top 10 position in others 12.

The album also gave at the band their best US opening week, since the Soundscan era begans in 1991, with sales of 310,000 copies, surprasing "Bridges To Babylon" (160,000); "Voodoo Lounge" (154,000); "Stripped" (105,000) and "No Security" (38,000).

This is the best selling Stones album since 1994's "Voodoo Lounge" what has sold more than 8 millions worldwide. Their others Virgin Records albums of the band also got high sales: "Bridges To Babylon" (shipments of 4 m. worldwide); "Stripped" (shipments of 3.6 m. worldwide) and "No Security" (shipments of 1 m. worldwide)

The report also gave the numbers of the Stones albums sales in the States for the last 10 years with Virgin Records:
The charts positions are taken from the Billboard 200.
The sales are in millions acording to Soundscan. Example: 0.87= 870,000

Voodoo Lounge (debut and peak: #2, 38 wks on chart, 1.82 millions)

Stripped (debut and peak: #9, 19 wks on chart, 0.87 millions)

Bridges To Babylon (debut and peak: #3, 27 wks on chart, 1.16 millions)

No Security (debut and peak: #34, 8 wks on chart, 0.236 millions)

05-27-03 10:03 AM
corgi37 I dont know what anyone else thinks, but i reckon those sales are very impressive for a band that has been pilloried, written off, ridiculed and dismissed. And lets not forget the enormous amount of people who have seen them live. Actually, i have a theory that more people have seen them than anyone else in the history of human life. Can anyone confirm that?
05-27-03 10:21 AM
telecaster 6 Million so far not bad considering 95% of the people buying it have the songs in one form or another already

Also it is very good as rock albums don't sell anymore
like they used to

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003