ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle, Munich 4th June 2003
Thanks Sue!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones DSD remastered releases Return to archive
05-24-03 06:48 PM
Brown Sugar Down here in Brazil those 22 Stones albuns were released as DSD, and not SACD.

According the booklet, though, DSD means Direct Stream Digital encoding, and its the same conversion technology used for Super Audio CD (SACD), which captures every nuance of the original master tapes & bla bla bla...

SACD is a Sony trademark, and DSD is from Philips. Does anybody knows if is it the unique difference?

Regarding the sound quality, I can�t see dif between the records. I have now Metamorphosis made in US (SACD) and also made in Brazil (DSD)...

05-25-03 09:08 AM
J.J.Flash Well, so is really great if you didn't notice any diff, really great Brownie! Man, I didn't buy any new remastered released here yet, but I was listening some weeks ago, the New Beggars Banquet and man, the diference really frightened me. This new process really improved the sound quality, with no doubt.
Cheers!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003