ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle, Munich 4th June 2003
Thanks Sue!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: mickboys remasted question Return to archive
05-24-03 01:03 PM
jfk78 what does every body think of it like dancing so free exile and get what you want do you think it sound better??????????
05-24-03 02:10 PM
Gazza Most definitely - yes!

the difference in the Goats Head Soup remaster is especially a huge improvement
05-24-03 04:09 PM
luxury1 Are you guys aware that he has just done Sticky Fingers, and is mailing them out June 1!?
05-24-03 04:25 PM
Factory Girl What is his title for Sticky Fingers?
05-24-03 08:15 PM
Lazy Bones I'd heard the same , but thought I was alone. And to come out on Ronnie's (and my daughter's) birthday. Great news. Thanks!

And, yes, Dancing So Free (T&F 011) is great. I like it better than Get What You Need (T&F 010), in fact. The instrumental - Separately - is terrific. "Hauntingly beautiful", as described in the liner notes.

Can't wait to hear SF...
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
05-24-03 08:44 PM
luxury1 I forget what he is calling Sticky Fingers. I just know that he has it completed, and due to begin mailing on June 1. ONly 150 copies.
05-24-03 10:48 PM
Lazy Bones From what I understand, 150 is the standard distribution quantity.
05-25-03 12:07 AM
sammy davis jr. Awesome- where the hell can I get ahold of the damn Mickboy remasters I keep reading about?
05-25-03 01:46 AM
fmk438j Join the yahoo group rollingstonesboots and start trading to get a hold of this and many more wonderous items.

Man sticky fingers needed the MB treatment too. Can't wait to hear Sway, CYHMK, Bitch, G the Blues in that order.
05-25-03 09:32 AM
luxury1 It is called "Tastes Soooo Good"
I wish I had a burner, i would make some copies for the ROers. I am due to receive my copy of it on TUesday.
05-25-03 01:10 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
It is called "Tastes Soooo Good"
I wish I had a burner, i would make some copies for the ROers. I am due to receive my copy of it on TUesday.

I wish you did, too!

Check your PM..
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
05-25-03 01:27 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Awesome- where the hell can I get ahold of the damn Mickboy remasters I keep reading about?

You've got PM..
05-25-03 02:09 PM
padre Yes, I tell you folks, it sure does taste sooooooo good!!
05-25-03 03:52 PM
riccardo I would like to get that taste too......
05-25-03 06:39 PM
Factory Girl Everyone should have a burner. It should be a law, like vaccination...lol.

Luxy and Lazy, you could get stand-alone burners. They're easy to operate.
05-25-03 06:49 PM
mac_daddy do you guys offering have lists? mine are in my sig, and I would love to trade for stuff I don't have. Thanks.
05-25-03 07:58 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Everyone should have a burner. It should be a law, like vaccination...lol.

Luxy and Lazy, you could get stand-alone burners. They're easy to operate.

I have a burner..finally. My shared comment - tongue-in-cheek - was directed at luxury1 in hopes of getting this thing out. You're right, though, I can't believe I went so long without one. I still get the initial addiction shakes and cold sweats from time-to-time.
05-25-03 08:18 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
do you guys offering have lists? mine are in my sig, and I would love to trade for stuff I don't have. Thanks.

more PM...
05-26-03 02:59 AM
riccardo Lazy Bones I tried to e-mail you but bounced back....
05-26-03 07:29 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
riccardo wrote:
Lazy Bones I tried to e-mail you but bounced back....

PM me..
05-26-03 07:39 AM
marko Maybe i�m a weirdo,but,to me,these remastering are sounding
very unnatural,phony.I have one,and i don�t like it.To me,
whatever music i listen,it must sound natural,not a computer
fixed sound.
05-26-03 01:35 PM
padre Mickboy does not use computers for his remasters. From what I've heard he uses analog stuff and the sources are best possible vinyl records available. At least for Exile he used the Japanese vinyls that are supposed to have great sound quality. I like his stuff, sounds better to my ears than the official CD releases of the albums.
Of course a really expensive vinyl player with mint condition original vinyls would be the right way to go, but since I don't have 'em, this suits me just fine.
05-26-03 03:52 PM
luxury1 I always enjoy the little "extras" he inserts on his remasters. Usually stuff I had never heard before, and they always are segued well (at least to my ears).
05-26-03 08:10 PM
full moon MICKBOY FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05-27-03 04:42 AM
MRD8 My copy of Tastes So Good should be in todays mail, I can't wait to hear it! I have all of his studio remasters and will add this one to the list...I'll B&P a few copies to people on ROCKS OFF...email me privately at [email protected]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003