ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle, Munich 4th June 2003
Thanks Sue!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 1st Post - Hello All Return to archive
05-22-03 06:07 PM
Peanut2 Hi everyone. I normally hang out on a couple Springsteen ng's, and from a recommendation there I found this place.

I'd like to expand my boots collection to RS boots, and where I was didn't really offer much. I'm a total RS boots newbie, I own none.

I'd like your help in picking 3-4 of the quintessential shows that a newbie should start with. At this point, sound is far more important than setlist. I've heard about two shows, called Seventh of July, and Liver Than You'll Ever Be. Do these fit into that category?

Armed with this information, I'd be pleased to trade with a kind sould (my list includes Springsteen, U2, Ryan Adams, Steve Earle and Tom Petty), or, failing all else, a B&P.

Thanks for reading,

Derrek.
05-22-03 06:47 PM
Angiegirl Maybe we should make a page or thread with that info for our new comers.
I'm sure there's a lot of recommendation, like Nasty Music, Hampton '81, Handsome Girls, etc, but I don't have time now. I'm sure there are some bootleg freaks here that can help you quickly.

Welcome btw!!
05-22-03 06:55 PM
Lazy Bones Welcome Peanut2!

You've already received bonus points with Gazza for mentioning Springsteen. Started on a good note..
Enjoy the ride!
05-24-03 02:55 PM
stewed & Keefed Welcome Peanut2

Top 5 live boots

1.BRUSSELS AFFAIR 1973
2.SWEET HOME NYC 1998
3.LIVE'R THAN YOU'LL EVER BE 1969
4.GET YOUR LEEDS LUNGS OUT 1971
5.HANDSOME GIRLS 1978

I think these five would be a great way to start out.
05-24-03 04:58 PM
Gimme Shelter Welcome aboard!!!
05-25-03 05:10 AM
Madafaka Welcome! You need in first place BRUSSELS AFFAIR. Try to get the definitive edition.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003