ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle, Munich 4th June 2003
Thanks Sue!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan Item in today's NY Post Return to archive
05-21-03 08:53 AM
Mother baby
www.nypost.com/entertainment/76217/htm

(it wont cut n paste??)
05-21-03 11:10 AM
FPM C10 For those too pressed for time to click thru, the short article announces a film that Martin Scorsese is doing about Bob Dylan for WNET's "American Masters" series, including an interview with The Man himself. It will examine Dylan's impact on music and society in general and will be shown in 2004 or early 2005.

That is GREAT news. Scorsese is, of course, one of the best filmmakers America has. And Bob is BOB.

Anyone seen the hilarious commercial he's in where he's picking up the photos of his nephew's 5th birthday party and decides he needs to reshoot? "No,no- too sentimental. What was I thinking?"
05-21-03 12:01 PM
FPM C10 I just saw a blurb about this on the ticker-tape thingy at the bottom of the screen while the "president" was stumbling thru a speech on CNN. It called Dylan a "legendy" folk singer.

They're right - Bob IS kinda legendy.
05-21-03 12:20 PM
Mother baby
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
the bottom of the screen while the "president" was stumbling thru a speech on CNN.

Yeah...he's not very articulate is he?
05-21-03 12:30 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Mother baby wrote:

Yeah...he's not very articulate is he?

I'm Pro Bush but anyone remember when he was asked while debating w/ Al Gore how would he define his Presidency in one word?

He told the audience "Strategery"

There's no such word!
05-21-03 12:55 PM
Martha Bob is not only legendy (is that a word FPM?)...he is the coolest man on the planet. His lyrics continue to knock me out...not to mention that swingin' groove sound he makes.

Anyone got their little Lousiville package from me yet?
05-21-03 01:42 PM
Lazy Bones Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Scorsese directs Bob Dylan biopic

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- How many roads must a man walk down before Martin Scorsese makes a movie about him?

The answer, my friend, is in the tentatively titled "Bob Dylan Anthology Project," a biography about the iconic folk singer directed by the "Gangs of New York" filmmaker.

The film, planned for release in 2005, will chronicle Dylan's 1963 breakthrough and the cultural and political influence of his music, Scorsese and his producing partners said Tuesday.

"I've admired and enjoyed his many musical transformations," Scorsese said in a statement. "For me, there is no other musical artist who weaves his influences so densely to create something so personal and unique."

In addition to playing in some theaters, the movie will also be broadcast on PBS in the United States and the BBC in the United Kingdom.

The documentary is in the tradition of "The Last Waltz," Scorsese's 1978 concert film about The Band, which also featured Dylan. The Dylan film is expected to feature live concert performances, studio recording sessions and a rare interview with the singer-songwriter.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has described Dylan, 62, as "the pre-eminent poet/lyricist and songwriter of his time" for composing such songs as "Like a Rolling Stone," "Blowin' in the Wind" and "Mr. Tambourine Man."

Dylan also acts and sings in the upcoming fictional drama "Masked and Anonymous," set to debut July 25.
05-21-03 02:50 PM
jb Dylan is a true treasure and a great sense of pride for my people.
05-21-03 03:04 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
Dylan is a true treasure and a great sense of pride for my people.

Your people? Americans? Earthlings? Lawyers?

and...he IS a great sense of pride? Do you mean he HAS a great sense of pride, or he is a great SOURCE of pride?

If you are referring to Judaism, how do his forays into born-again Christianity, or that strange period (circa Desire) when he was into some sorta tarot card mysticism - or his rousing 1962 rendition of "Talkin' Hava Negilla Blues" fit into the whole megilla?

Not to mention his admiration of the Beatles!

Little known fact: Bob played harmonica on Edwin Winter's song "Frankenberry"!
05-21-03 03:21 PM
steel driving hammer Dylans music is 180 degrees different than the Beatles.

Dylan hardly did ANYTHING relating w/ fucking Beatles.

It was all Stones, Live Aid, LARS switch off, Dylan doing Brown Sugar etc...

Shit, Dylans last 2 albums are imo, anti Beatles.

When was the last time Dylan and McCartney did anything together? Never!

Everybody moving, if they ain't already there, everybody got to move, somewhere...
[Edited by steel driving hammer]
05-21-03 03:59 PM
jb He was circumcised.
05-21-03 06:29 PM
Prodigal Son So what if Dylan was circumsized, doesn't make him a truly by-the-book Jew. He sure didn't maintain his Judaism. Shouldn't you not be proud of his religious ways considering he dropped his religion and reaffirmed Christianity a million times.
As for the movie, sounds like a great combo. Dylan is not overrated for all you non-believers, the Beatles (though I maintain I still love their music) are definitely because it just seems like they were the perfect natural appealing band for the generation, coming together at the right time to create unparalleled nostalgia. As for Dylan, having Scorcese do his movie will be great. Although I thought Gangs of New York was overdone, aimless and generally focused more on killing and gore than the actual matter at hand, Scorcese is still great. Hell, he did a lot of great movies... and the Last Waltz.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
05-21-03 07:04 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Who the fuck cares about circumcision or religion or whatever?

If the guy makes good music, as long as he doesn't subscribe to a religion that doesn't actively hurt or repress others, who the hell cares? Bob could be a Muslim for all I fucking care as long as he didn't try and force it onto other folks or sniped at other religions.

Fuck that, huh? Who the hell cares what religion you are, or what you do, or whatever. In the end, it all comes down to talent.

As for circumcision somehow putting you into a religion, news flash: for a period of time in the 80s, most kids (including myself) got their tips snipped, because it was 'medical knowledge' at the time that it reduced the chance of penile cancer and/or infection. And I'm Catholic. Doesn't make any fucking difference. "Hmm... let me check my ticket... ohh, this guy's Jewish and white... what's he doing singing the blues? Well, at least he is *my people*, therefore I can enjoy him..."

Fucking hell. Makes the blood boil, you know what I mean? No one fucking cares what religion the Stones are, do we?

On a lighter note, Bob and McCartney singing together... hmmmm.... we should arrange that.

-tSYX --- From a letter from old Siam, sir, came a terrible tale of woe...
05-21-03 11:13 PM
FPM C10 Yes, I am proud that Bob is one of my people - the circumcised.

Bob turned the beatles onto pot, wrote songs with harrison and hung out with Lennon in '66, and his "going electric" had more to do with the Beatles than anyone else - and at the same time HIS influence made the Beatles unplug for "Rubber Soul", one of their finest efforts. Lots more crossover there than with the Stones, really.

Too bad Lennon wasn't circumcised. He was one of THEM.
05-21-03 11:16 PM
mac_daddy the article I read (in today's L.A. Times) hinted that there might be 3 documentaries done (Marty S.'s will cover the years from Bob's teens to the motorcycle accident in the late 60's)...

I would love to see Jim Jarmusch do the next period, through the Rolling Thunder Review...
[Edited by mac_daddy]
05-21-03 11:54 PM
Prodigal Son Yeah, who cares about it. If Dylan's good so what. There's tons of artists from Europe who aren't circumsized. Like most of our fave British bands, etc. (although I heard from certain rock boards that Bill and Brian were when it was common in England). So what! Like many European friends, it is uncommon for people born in the last 20 years in Canada to be snipped. So, being not cut, I feel weird with all these Americans and their choppy-chop pro-attitude (besides Savage), but knowing it's normal around the world, who cares. People in the US can have it their own way, although I only think it's necessary in terms of religion (hygiene, etc. is bullcrap. What is so hard about keeping your hands, ears or feet clean?). Anyway, no debates about it, Dylan is awesome either way. My favourite circumsized artist ever!
05-22-03 12:05 AM
FPM C10 When we get done conquering the world we're going to have everyone circumcized. We will liberate everyone's foreskin!
05-22-03 10:51 AM
jb Thanks FPMC10...
05-22-03 11:04 AM
Joey Josh ........................................

My " Cedar Plate " last evening had Pork Chops ( from a circumscized pig ) and a Hamburger on it --- is this acceptable ??????

Developing ...........................

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JACK the Knife !

Jacky !
05-22-03 11:11 AM
jb Joey, my secretary blew me in the parking lot of the Sawgrass mall after I purchased for her a diamond heart necklace and 2.75 kt. eternity ring and thereafter I proceeded to perform cunninglus on her...funny thing is that my head kept hitting the radio control and the handsome Girls bootleg blasted out literally shaking the whole car...is that O.K.?
05-22-03 11:22 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Who the fuck cares about circumcision or religion or whatever?

I can't believe you call yourself a Stones fan and don't care about circumcision.
05-22-03 12:11 PM
Joey " Joey, my secretary blew me in the parking lot of the Sawgrass mall after I purchased for her a diamond heart necklace and 2.75 kt. eternity ring and thereafter I proceeded to perform cunninglus on her...funny thing is that my head kept hitting the radio control and the handsome Girls bootleg blasted out literally shaking the whole car...is that O.K.? "

Josh , yes , that is completely alright as long as you continue to spell circumcised as " Circumcised " .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJACK the Y !

05-22-03 12:42 PM
Mother baby
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
When we get done conquering the world we're going to have everyone circumcized. We will liberate everyone's foreskin!

Why stop there? Castrate 'em.
05-26-03 07:10 PM
Roland In case you're not kidding, this was an SNL skit. And "Gore's" word was "lockbox", referring to not touching Social Security money for other uses.

quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

I'm Pro Bush but anyone remember when he was asked while debating w/ Al Gore how would he define his Presidency in one word?

He told the audience "Strategery"

There's no such word!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003