ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle, Munich 4th June 2003
Thanks Sue!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rock Stars you'd love to share a beer with... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
05-24-03 01:31 AM
Sir Stonesalot >Although I heard through a reliable source that these days Roky can actually leave the house by himself and that he goes down to the convenience store every day for a pack of cigarettes.<

Is that before of after he feeds the dogs that bark at him out of electrical sockets? Does he still carry the umbrella to protect him from all the bats?

Roky...his elevator only went to the 13th floor...of his 26 floor mind.

Most of the people I want to swill hootch with are dead...but I'd settle for The Jimmy Whitley. Or Andy Partridge. Or Lemmy Kilmister. I'll bet Jack White would be interesting to drink with. I'd say Shane MacGowan, but that would be certain death, trying to drink with him. Something tells me Dave Grohl would be a fun drinking partner. Maybe Paul Westerberg?

I'd like to drink with Tom Waits...especially with SDH around...we'd have someone to ridicule without fear of reprisal.

Does Hugh Hefner count? I'll bet I could talk him into getting me superlaid by some Playboy chick.

Oddly, I wouldn't want to drink with any of the Stones, except maybe Charlie. Certainly not Dylan or Bowie. I'd just be a blubbering basketcase. No way I could keep my cool for long.

I'm gonna drink with John Hammond this coming Thursday...does that count for anything?
05-24-03 05:33 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! Rock Stars that I have had a beer with!
Ron Wood
Benard Fowler
Blondie Chaplin
Bruce Hornsby
Mickey Hart
Bob Weir
Gary Rossington
Derick Trucks
Jimmy Herring
Kenny Wayne Sheppard
Otel Burbridge
David Nelson
Marty Stewart
And a few others that I can't remember off hand.

[Edited by Happy Motherfucker!!]
05-24-03 09:00 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Although I heard through a reliable source that these days Roky can actually leave the house by himself and that he goes down to the convenience store every day for a pack of cigarettes.<

Is that before of after he feeds the dogs that bark at him out of electrical sockets? Does he still carry the umbrella to protect him from all the bats?

Roky...his elevator only went to the 13th floor...of his 26 floor mind.

Most of the people I want to swill hootch with are dead...but I'd settle for The Jimmy Whitley. Or Andy Partridge. Or Lemmy Kilmister. I'll bet Jack White would be interesting to drink with. I'd say Shane MacGowan, but that would be certain death, trying to drink with him. Something tells me Dave Grohl would be a fun drinking partner. Maybe Paul Westerberg?

I'd like to drink with Tom Waits...especially with SDH around...we'd have someone to ridicule without fear of reprisal.

Does Hugh Hefner count? I'll bet I could talk him into getting me superlaid by some Playboy chick.

Oddly, I wouldn't want to drink with any of the Stones, except maybe Charlie. Certainly not Dylan or Bowie. I'd just be a blubbering basketcase. No way I could keep my cool for long.

I'm gonna drink with John Hammond this coming Thursday...does that count for anything?

What? THE John Hammond?.......Now that is cool!
05-24-03 10:13 AM
steel driving hammer [quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Brother, all the ridicule and hate, is yours anyway.

Besides, I have better (more productive) things to do, than ridicule.

A useful member of society...

So fucking what, I was not completly honest about telling Rolling Stones boards about almost getting married!

Lets bury the hatchet and join me in Amsterdam eh!
05-24-03 10:17 AM
steel driving hammer Your meeting John Hammond?

How did FPM set that one up for ya?
05-24-03 01:41 PM
RubyFriday I had a few beers with Link Wray on his 50th b/day once.Enthusiastically he told me twice a story (Oh,have I told you.....): After a concert in NY a disguised figure came into his wardrobe ,embraced him and said:That was the best version of MY song ,I�ve ever heard.......It was Bob Dylan and he meant It�s all over now,Baby Blue.
Also had some beers in the 70s with Reg Presley and Ronnie Bond of The Troggs.....and Tich of Dave Dee & Co,all very nice people.Sadly Ronnie died a few years ago.
05-24-03 01:52 PM
Gimme Shelter I would have to say Keith.
05-24-03 01:56 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I would have to say Keith.

Yeah man, Keef is my 1st choice too, actually, the best!
05-24-03 04:44 PM
FPM C10
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Your meeting John Hammond?

How did FPM set that one up for ya?

Hey, don't drag ME into this squabble.

I didn't arrange anything. This is the first I heard about it. Maybe it's the latest living room concert, in which case I wouldn't.

I never drank with any rock stars. Some musicians, but if they were drinking with me they obviously weren't STARS.

05-24-03 04:46 PM
Joey " Most of the people I want to swill hootch with are dead...but I'd settle for The Jimmy Whitley "

Stoney ..............Did I ever tell ya that The Jimmy Whitley is a GOD ??????????????????????

No ?????????????? Well , it is certainly true .

Now , if you will all excuse me ............I have a terrible hangover AND I just plugged the Goddamn toilet up so now I can't take a shit until the fucking plumber gets his ass over here .......................and you thought your Saturday was messed up ????????????????????????

Developing ..............................

Constipated ..............................

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJOEY !

05-25-03 01:07 AM
Sir Stonesalot See SDH...you missed the whole fuckin' point...big shock there...I don't care if you lied to the board. You lied to ME, off the board. THAT is the deal. See I thought we were friends in real life...you know, reality? I don't lie to my friends, and they don't lie to me.

Besides, I thought you liked playing the drunken idiot monkey boy. Eating scorn and ridicule for your 3 squares a day. You can't compete with people like Tom waits, or for that matter...me. I actually have a measurable IQ...I don't think the charts go low enough to measure yours.

Hey man, you fucking earned this. I'd tell you to suck it up and be a man about it, but I know you'd just think I was hitting on you.

And yes, it is THE John Hammond that I will be meeting on Thursday. He's playing at the Ale House in State College. It's a place about the size of my basement. We reserved a table right beside his little performance area. All for a measly sawbuck! I'm taking my crappy acoustic along to get signed. I plan on talking to him about Robert Johnson. The man knows about such things. And yes...we'll be recording.

For those of you who don't know about John Hammond...well...just go get some of his stuff and thank me later. The guy will drop yer jaw.
05-25-03 06:53 PM
sirmoonie Desultory internecine conflicts have threatened to engulf the C10 since its trailblazing inception, at great cost to its primary mission.

Man, I'd have loved to spend a whole day with Jim Morrison in his favorite bar getting progressively more intoxicated and beligerent, until we eventually physically assaulted one and other and got arrested. I think I'd be uncomfortable doing that kind of drinking with any other rock star.
05-26-03 12:47 AM
Sir Stonesalot Nah, this threatens nothing Moonie. I had him pegged for a twit the day we met him in Cleveland. I don't mind the imbicility...it's the untruth. I can't believe anything he says now.

Regardless of that, he was still there with us in Cleveland. Granted, he missed the mondo neanderthal meat and fire ritual at 2000 Man's back yard. And he skipped the record convention to sleep in the car. But he was there, so he will always be C10.

Did I mention that I have a giant 1 litre beer mug...with "Sir Stonesalot C10" and a big tongue logo etched on it? I know of one other C10er that has one(FPM)...anyone else?
05-26-03 05:20 AM
MarthaMyDear Shut-up, SS!!! NE-NER-NE-NER-NE-NER!!! HE!!! HE!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
lol................................................ :P::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

*** Martha ***
05-26-03 10:18 AM
sirmoonie I know that, SSie. I just wanted to use the words desultory and internecine in the same sentence.

But, I had to laugh because you are correct, Steelie barely made it to anything! The guy drove 500 miles to get some sleep! No wonder his imaginery wife ran off with an Beatles fan.
05-26-03 10:33 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I know that, SSie. I just wanted to use the words desultory and internecine in the same sentence.

But, I had to laugh because you are correct, Steelie barely made it to anything! The guy drove 500 miles to get some sleep! No wonder his imaginery wife ran off with an Beatles fan.

Listen up Fred Sanford, YOU try drinking a gallon of wine the night before walking up hill 2 miles in the hot sun, then drinking some more then smoking some of Nankers (best I've ever had) Chiba!

I'm a man, not a machine!

I was a little scared meeting you people!

But still, it was worth it. I think about it durring the day sometimes with a smile.

If only I didn't drink so much the night before like Maxmeister did.

AT LEAST I GOT UP OUT OF BED AND WASHED MY ASS!

I had a great time! Was a litle too much maybe but still the memory will last forever.
05-26-03 11:33 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Listen up Fred Sanford, YOU try drinking a gallon of wine the night before walking up hill 2 miles in the hot sun, then drinking some more then smoking some of Nankers (best I've ever had) Chiba!

I did try that! Then I continued trying that in 2KMan's yard around a fire with Exile on Main Street playing and a steak in one hand and a Milk Stout in the other, Maxy on my left and SS on my right, and several other maniacs who came to call themselves the C10 jumping around too. YOU should have heard US just around midnight!
05-26-03 11:46 AM
steel driving hammer I know I should of.

It's my only regret.
05-26-03 12:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot Good goobily-goop!

The only difference between what you did that first night, and what the rest of us did, is that you drank wine. The rest of us guzzled brew. I drank at least a 12 pack, plus did about 10 shots of JD...and smoked some herb. I think that was about the same for everyone else. The only casualty was Maxmeister...but even he made it to 2000 Man's place. So don't give me that sorry excuse "Oh you should have done what I did"...we DID do what you did, and we also did what you couldn't! What you did was LAME, and you SHOULD regret it.

What in the hell were you AFRAID of? We are 9 of the nicest, coolest, decent guys you could ever meet. The rest of us had that pegged. Why didn't you?

05-26-03 12:20 PM
Factory Girl Sir Stonesalot, you have PM.
05-26-03 12:27 PM
steel driving hammer Didn't know what I was going to see, fraid of what I'd find...

Tired of you SS upsetting me all the time!

But seriously, I'm going to Amsterdam Aug 13th-21st.

Hope to see some of you people there!

Maybe some of that good weed will overcome my shy bladder syndrome you know.

Well the blue light was my blues, and the red light was, my mind!

05-26-03 12:36 PM
steel driving hammer Btw, I was over at the mall yesterday and got a specialized lettering shrit saying "Fuck The Beatles" on the front, and "Listen To The Rolling Stones" on the back! Love it.
05-26-03 01:23 PM
FPM C10
quote:
But seriously, I'm going to Amsterdam Aug 13th-21st.

Hey! Is your WIFE going too? Because if she is, tell her she's NOT and take me instead!

If she gives you any crap about it, just break the news to her that she's imaginary and she'll disappear in a puff of chiba smoke.

Speaking of the C10...where is Maxy?

05-26-03 01:44 PM
magicwoman -keith richards
-ron wood
-steven tyler
05-26-03 07:17 PM
sirmoonie Last night I dreamed that I had sex with Steelie's imaginery wife. We both faked an orgasm at the same time. It was all so surreal, I can't believe it theoretically happened. Swear to god, I ain't lying.
05-26-03 07:36 PM
steel driving hammer Was she a Black Fed Ex driver Moonie?

At least I didn't pretend I was Vietnamese like Joey did!

Pretending to be Black is better than pretending to be Vietnamese!

Shit, and ya'll think I'm racist. W/ that, and my handle SDH, comes from Chuck Berry and one of my heros being John Henry the steel driving man of which they built the greatest country in the world on Free Labor whom now they have nothing to show for it.

To say I'm rasist is to say The Blues came from Sigon.

But I was doing some research and found out, The Open G Tunning came from Russia Folk Music.

But you how hard it is to get a Passport?

You have to contact your city from where you were born (Lansing Mich) then wait 5 weeks for them to send a signed copy of your Birth Cirtificate, then take it to your local Post Office for them to do some shit to wait another 2 weeks. Then have your picture taken at only Passport outlets like Wallgreens or Sams Club.

Gotta get on the ball here!
05-26-03 08:53 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Was she a Black Fed Ex driver Moonie?

She said she worked in the accounting department at Enron. Come to find out she got fired for falsify an insurance form for her breast implants.

I never liked her much, Steelie. She was always putting on false airs. Very, very shallow woman, I could see right through her from the moment I met her. Frankly, I think in the long run, you're lucky she disappeared from your life before you really got to pretend to know her.

Steelie, Steelie, Steelie...

Good luck with your passport, Spuds. If you really are going to Amsterdam, you should "wing on over to London and jam with the Stones" as well.

Later. Gotta bail. Gotta jet.
05-26-03 09:24 PM
Child of the Moon Keith Richards and Neil Young, without a doubt. Jack Daniels with Keith, some Jose Cuervo with Neil.

Oh, and anything with Avril Lavigne, as long as it meant I'd get some action.
05-26-03 11:29 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
Oh, and anything with Avril Lavigne, as long as it meant I'd get some action.

I wouldn't touch that girl. She might sing at me by accident, and then my ears would bleed.

Before you know it I'd be bald and walk around mourning Lifehouse like some other deaf guy we know, Ronnie!

-tSYX --- Ain't it funny how things happen, just when we think we've got it all straight?
05-27-03 07:32 AM
Honky Tonk Man Steve, Avril Lavigne is not good. Sure shes attractive, you would certainly give her one, hell, you may evan like "Ska8er Boy", but shes dumb. I read an interview with her in Q Magaizine and her replies were terrible. It might be that shes just no good at interviews, but i dunno.

Alex
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003