ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle, Munich 4th June 2003
Thanks Sue!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rumours about the new studio album Vs The EMI/Virgin/Dacca plans Return to archive
05-14-03 07:55 PM
Soldatti I saw in the board some rumors about the new album and I asked to some people from EMI (with daily relation with Virgin Europe/USA). They don't tell me what the band is planning to edit a new album this year because "Forty Licks" is selling very well after 32 weeks with 2.5 millions in USA, more than 2 million in Europe and almost 8 million worldwide. With the European Tour the album will peak in Europe in sales and is premature to release new album with other selling good.
But, they tell me what the next year Virgin and Decca are planning two albums: Virgin will put the new album of the band (first half of the year, maybe) and Decca (who knows when?) a double CD with BBC Sessions or unreleased tracks (in futures discussions).

This information is very good, because is from inside of the company.
05-14-03 08:55 PM
tDice pimp Man, I hope they come to Chile promoting those albums, it's been a long time since they came here in 95. I NEED TO SEE THEM LIVE.

KEEP ON ROLLING!
05-14-03 09:01 PM
tDice pimp oh and by the way, this is one of my fisrt posts here and I have to say that this is a great message board. . .
05-14-03 11:07 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
tDice pimp wrote:
oh and by the way, this is one of my fisrt posts here and I have to say that this is a great message board. . .

Glad to have ya. This is one of the best places on the 'net, I think - we have a small community, we take our band seriously but not religiously, we're very tolerant of differing opinions for the most part, and we're very eager to help out (see the guy who wanted "what to buy next" and got a basic listing of why every Stones album was good and why!)

Damn, I sound like I'm pitchin' this place at you, sellin' it. (Have a cigar!)

Naw, in seriousness, this place is awesome, and while we do get a bit heated at times, I think all in all we're a pretty honest and funlovin' community.

-tSYX --- Oh, and by the way, which one's Pink?
05-15-03 01:38 PM
jb 2.5 in America is respectable but not nearly what we had expected........
05-16-03 01:55 AM
J.J.Flash Welcome tDice pimp
I hope you enjoy this board, I'm sure you will like it......I think your access to this board will be frequent, at least 1 time a day......... Like a addiction
Great to have another guy from South America. I'm sure there are much more, but they are too much shy to POST something. Come on guys, let us know everybody registered on our beloved cibernetic place. Cheers!
05-16-03 09:30 AM
lucasd4
quote:
jb wrote:
2.5 in America is respectable but not nearly what we had expected........

Not nearly what YOU expected....everyone else knew better
05-17-03 04:39 AM
gotdablouse So "sales" is the reason the album is benig held up...Who would have thought that!

One thing I can tell you is that the lack of a new album is going to make them lose one lucrative ticket sale for the concerts in France, i.e. me ;-) (I did seem them in San Francisco twice last year of course...)

Hope Decca (do they still exist ?!) release unreleased tracks instead of the friggin' BBC sessions!
05-17-03 01:02 PM
tDice pimp Thank you for the warm welcome JJ Flash, and I'll try to do something about that southamerican shiness you talk about (LOL)
05-18-03 12:33 AM
J.J.Flash Pimp, enjoy every moment with us on this board..... My best moments in front of PC after some years wasting time on Internet......
05-19-03 01:57 AM
Madafaka Welcome tDice pimp! This place have a lot of south american people... Like me
Bienvenido.
05-19-03 01:57 PM
Bob Tamp Since Forty Licks is selling, it's all the more reason to release new product now when you are hot. Releasing a new studio album would only have positive impact on sales of both Forty Licks and the new album. They would be smart to get this out in time for at least part of the European tour.
05-19-03 03:39 PM
sirfito Pimp: welcome to this board, man.
Bienvenido realmente!
Soldatti: muchisimas gracis nuevamente por la info.
Best,
Fito
05-19-03 07:50 PM
Mathijs >and Decca (who knows when?) a double CD with BBC Sessions >or unreleased tracks (in futures discussions).

Hahaha!! Now you make me laugh! The first time they said this must have been 1977, and we're still waiting...

Mathijs
05-20-03 12:21 PM
ShadowCat It might depend on how the sales of the new remastered albums are going. My bet is that the gold mine is still open for Mr. Klein, hehe.
05-21-03 02:39 PM
jb The sales are relatively weak in comparison to other artists .
05-21-03 03:57 PM
Honky Tonk Man What i would really love to see, is the The Stones entering the BBC studios and cutting some NEW BBC tracks. I think there is still a hunger for live music on the radio and the Stones could add these tracks as a bonus to their 60s BBC cd.

Id rather get a new studio album, but i think this would be a great alternative and i see NO reason as to why this shouldn't happen. Of course it won't, but we can all hope.

Alex

[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
05-22-03 01:45 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
>and Decca (who knows when?) a double CD with BBC Sessions >or unreleased tracks (in futures discussions).

Hahaha!! Now you make me laugh! The first time they said this must have been 1977, and we're still waiting...

Mathijs

The guy is just passing on some info. Some of us are interested, even if you are not.(you know- just take it in the spirit it's delivered.)
05-22-03 09:12 AM
JaggerLips Mick, Keith you keep writing and playing them and we will keep buying them.

Hopes for more feisty songs like Don't Stop on the forthcoming new album!!
05-22-03 09:29 PM
Soldatti Some people in the board is forgeting something:

The next year is the 40th aniversary of the band first album. All the people what works in the industry of the music agree: 100% of they think what the band will put something out the next year.
New Studio Album?
Unreleased Tracks?

The time will said.
05-22-03 10:02 PM
Turner it is time for a classic. i want to see the kids in front of MTV TRL holding up Stones signs and requesting the new Stones single # 1
05-22-03 11:28 PM
McQueen Shut yah fuckin' ass J.B. Is your life such a pissing joke all you can do is make ridiculously negative commentary in this place? 2.5 million plus in American sales is fan-friggin-tastic you silly queen!

Licks is lickin it up, a new album is due in the near future, the European leg is gonna kick serious ass...what's the matter, your cock not up to the task?? Shit little fella, don't dick with the Stones just cause ya' can't dick anything else.

Not up to expectations?? You're confusing the Stones album sales with your latest sheet-meat.

You are one sorry little spam-twat.

05-23-03 01:29 AM
Soldatti Turner wrote:
>it is time for a classic. I want to see the kids in front of MTV TRL holding up Stones signs and requesting the new Stones single # 1<

Oh Man. Is imposible, the only chance what the Stones will be shown in MTV USA and a new single tops the Billboard Hot 100 is the following:

Song: My Pretty Girl
Performed by: The Rolling Stones (featuring J Lo, Ja Rule, 50 Cent, American Idol "Bob", Dr. Dre and all the Shaddy Catalog)

Turner, friend, the Stones never again will hit the Top 10 of the chart. With much lucky we will see one song in the Billboard Hot 100, like 'Saint Of Me' which peak at #94.

The Stones' only can peak well in the Mainstream Rock Tracks. The Web Site of Billboard put this chart in his web page with the Modern Rock Tracks also. But the band only charted with 2 songs in Modern Rock Tracks: Mixed Emotions (#22) and Highwire (#28).

In the Mainstream Rock Tracks with lucky, if the band put new songs, we can see it.

For example "Don't Stop" peaked at #21 in that list. And three songs from 'Bridges To Babylon' peaked well in the list with 'Anybody Seen My Baby?' (#3), 'Flip The Switch' (#14) and 'Saint Of Me' (#13).

If you or someone want to see all the Rolling Stones songs and albums what charted in all the Billboard lists check this page and search by Rolling Stones (or they as solos) and when the main page of the band is shown click in "Charts & Awards":

www.allmusic.com/index.html
05-23-03 10:39 PM
Turner i don't count them out yet.just jamming to Black and Blue just makes me think, if they released that type of quality music now, which they can do it would be the shiz nit.I would love to hear that song my pretty girl just add micheal jackson
05-24-03 02:14 AM
Stonesmillenium2001
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I saw in the board some rumors about the new album and I asked to some people from EMI (with daily relation with Virgin Europe/USA). They don't tell me what the band is planning to edit a new album this year because "Forty Licks" is selling very well after 32 weeks with 2.5 millions in USA, more than 2 million in Europe and almost 8 million worldwide. With the European Tour the album will peak in Europe in sales and is premature to release new album with other selling good.
But, they tell me what the next year Virgin and Decca are planning two albums: Virgin will put the new album of the band (first half of the year, maybe) and Decca (who knows when?) a double CD with BBC Sessions or unreleased tracks (in futures discussions).

This information is very good, because is from inside of the company.

The BBC sessions had been planned to be released back in the late 1990s around the time zeppelin and various others were planning to release albums from the sessions.
05-24-03 10:24 PM
Flashpoint I been thinking about what i would want to hear from the stones: an album with brand new songs or something like they did with tatoo you...or a mix of both ideas, but definitely there are songs that deserve to be released like Criss Cross Mind, We Had It All, Through The Lonely Nights,Fiji Jim, Do You think I Really Care, and i can go on and on.....
05-25-03 11:34 PM
Dr. Frankenstone The Stones MUST release new material soon, otherwise the energy and excitement of the tour may disappear.
I mean, how many times can they play Don't Stop without laughing?

05-27-03 02:40 AM
gypsymofo60 It was a group of hungry, talented and inspired young men that came up with some of the most recognisable rock music of all time, but that was 40/30/20 years ago. The vey fact that they are still touring today amazes me. Just take a look at the grinding schedule of dates they played from 1962 to 1966, it's fucking awesome. Then look at the amount of recorded music they released from 1963 to 1970 alone, again fucking awesome. But as much as we would want another Exile, another Banquet, or even another Some Girls, it aint gonna happen. They are all pushing 60, they are no longer hungry, they are no longer so inspired by what goes on around them. They've seen it all, been there, done that. Personally I don't think they cared much about the singles charts after '66. 40 Licks showed that they have little to put into song anymore anyway. And anyway, who'd wanna be associated with the charts today?

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003