ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Beggars Banquet's sessions - Olympic Sound Studios, London - 10th June 1968
No Expectations and Sympathy For The Devil
Dean Goodhill

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart, Sammy Davies and Toastie sing together!!! Return to archive
05-27-02 10:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Due to the silence... and I like it as it seems that they are finally recording, here's a nice article haha

Abused dog finds good home
By LORI DUNN Texarkana Gazette

Bounding across a backyard with a soggy tennis ball in his mouth, he looks like the average dog. He is and he isn't.

He's friendly and likes to greet visitors but sometimes jerks his head back when someone reaches to pat him. He responds to his new name--Sammy--and has learned how to sit on command. Sudden movements or sounds sometimes startle him. Who can blame him?

It was just a year ago he cowered in a pen at the Texarkana Animal Shelter. His body was burned and emaciated, his dignity was gone.

The dog, who is believed to be about two or three, had been scalded on his back and in his mouth and then tossed out of a vehicle at U.S. Highway 67 and Arkansas Boulevard. The person who committed the abuse was never located.

"He was starved down because his mouth was burned so bad he couldn't eat," said Texarkana, Ark., resident Jane Elrod who has since adopted the dog.

"I saw his picture and I couldn't get him out of my mind. I was sick thinking about it. I just went up there (the shelter) and said "I want the dog," she said.

Not just anyone can walk in and adopt a dog who has been so severely abused but Elrod had adopted other dogs from the shelter and was eventually allowed to take this Irish Setter/Golden Retriever/Black Labrador home.

She named him Sammy Davis and he now romps with a trio of Chinese Crested dogs named Rod Stewart, Mick Jagger and Toastie. Toastie already had a name when Elrod acquired him or he would bear a musical moniker too.

"I like musical names and Sammy Davis Jr. was a survivor so that's what I named him," she said.

The four-footed Sammy is most definitely a survivor.

Not only have his physical wounds healed but most of the emotional ones have also.

"When I brought him home everybody asked me if he was mean because of what he went through.... but he wasn't. He's really gained back his trust," Elrod said.

He still has pink scars on the side of his mouth but they don't affect his appetite. Elrod estimates Sammy weighs about 75 pounds and that he probably weighed 30 pounds when she first saw him.

His rehabilitation started at the shelter where employees took a special interest in the dog. They hand-fed him soup and took him on walks.

The one-on-one attention is continuing at his new home.

"At night I put the little dogs in the house and we have Sammy time," Elrod said. The two play ball in the yard or just sit on the patio.

"I'm happy to come home to him. It's soothing. God put us as caretakers of animals. That's what I believe," she said.

A great situation, even for the average dog.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.