ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Beggars Banquet's sessions - Olympic Sound Studios, London - 10th June 1968
No Expectations and Sympathy For The Devil
Dean Goodhill

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today header - We're Only In It For The Music! Return to archive
05-26-02 11:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Since we have many young readers who were not active witnesses of the 60s, as well as some that maybe have never seen the cover of Frank Zappa�s third album �We�re only in it for the Money�, here it�s a brief background on today�s header

Back in 1967 The Beatles released the famous �Sgt. Pepper�s Lonely Hearts Club Band�, this was the front cover.

Photos by Michael Cooper, who also took the photos for the cover of �Their Satanic Majesties Request�

Later Frank Zappa released the mentioned album with this cover as John Lennon admitted that he took some ideas from Frank Zappa with no credits. Also Zappa released the first double album in Rock History and then the Beatles released the White Album.

This was scanned from the CD containing also the fourth album (recorded before the third but released after) �Lumpy Gravy�

So now we made the cover for the new album LOL

and the back cover

Here�s a rare cover from the album �Historia del Rock de aqu� de M�xico� by Naftalina, an underground group from M�xico City with Stones cover �Lo que m�s quiero es salir del agujero, rock del fusil y c�mara� (Jagger/Richards/Sting/O�Down/Arana) y Av�ndaro (Bob Dylan / Federico Arana)

05-26-02 11:43 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The 8 stones members and Bob Dylan were added, as Frank Zappa, Elvis Presley and Jimi Hendrix are already in the original cover.

Find all the Stones fans on the picture! There are at least 22 of them, including only friends and regulars.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
05-27-02 08:05 AM
Honky Tonk Man Hey, im better looking then everyone on that front cover!!
05-27-02 08:47 AM
Irina Oh I'm really happy to keep so good company
Thanks Gerardo and thanks all
Irina
05-27-02 09:51 AM
steel driving hammer Gerardo, you simply out did yerself.

Extremely nice and thoughtful work.

I've always wanted to french yer nipple.

Btw, is that torn&frayed in the long beard next to Ronnie?

05-27-02 09:58 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl No, that's my brother Horacio also known as the Mexican Allen Ginsberg
05-27-02 10:59 AM
Tom That's fucking hilarious, I'm rolling

Good work!
05-27-02 11:13 AM
FPM C10
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

Extremely nice and thoughtful work.

I second that emotion, my Brother! I couldn't stop smiling when I saw this last night. It immediately became my wallpaper.
I was familiar with the Mothers album cover, which I always thought was great, and given the volume of kvetching about ticket prices, it was apropos to have a laugh with it. Of course, when the MOTHERS said "We're only in it for the money," it was so patently absurd - I don't think Jimmy Carl Black ever hired a helicopter to go to a restaurant - that the joke was apparent immediately. Having the Stones beating the same drum adds quite a few layers of irony to the equation. THEN I noticed Cardinal X's bald head and I thought, Geez, I wish I was in that picture - and then I saw that I WAS! I picked out Marko next. I still haven't found everybody else - I take it these were video stills from your C10 footage.
Speaking of C10, the film is still not done (of course) BUT I just upgraded my editing stuff from my old steam-powered rig to state-o-th' art digital, so when it IS done, it'll be available on DVD!

Thanks to Gerardo for including me in this inspired work of art! Happy Memorial Day!
05-27-02 11:36 AM
steel driving hammer Fleabit Peanut Monkey wrote -
"I wish I was in that picture - and then I saw that I WAS!"

Why yes you are! Just like your political status...

Yer to the left FPM!

PS.
The Stones should of booked to play Chicago's Wrigley Field.
Then the Neighbors can watch the show high up top the roof.
But instead, they chose Comisky - in the poor part of town.

But still hey, I'm fine w/ Comisky.
05-27-02 11:51 AM
Cardinal Ximinez FPM...to the left!...HA! I didn't notice that till you mentioned it SDH! He's a Pinko Commie if there ever was one....I find it amazing that people even remember what a communist IS, let alone think it's an insult! Are they even bad guys anymore? Aren't they on our side now?

It's confusing!

Love the pic G! I'll expect a royalty check monthly for the use of my image! LOL!
05-27-02 02:00 PM
marko hey i got an idea,why not do a cd,for rocks off members?
with this cover and name on it!!!you guys pick the songs,
i can do the recording.
05-27-02 02:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Find the 22 fans and the first with the right answer will get the print of that cover as a minimum. As some of you know I use to fill the gift with "legal added value".

To send the answers please send an e-mail to the following address put the subject "22 fans contest"

SEND THEM UP

BTW, very good idea Marko, in fact there's more "room" for those who wanna make it on the cover. Sorry for those missing, but I don't have photos of all of you and some have posted that it's important to ask for authorization to post a photo of themselves.
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
05-27-02 03:39 PM
Miss U. Very cute, Voodoo! I'll send my pic, how can I resist such an honor?
05-27-02 03:56 PM
Scot Rocks Well done Voodoo looks very cool.
05-27-02 04:46 PM
MarthaMyDear THANK YOU SO MUCH for including me in this, Gerardo!!! I LOVE it and I saved it, etc.!!! I love Rocks Off and it cracks me up and it's a friggin' honor to be here!!! I'll email you soon, my friend Irina, and now I'll calm down that I'm in the picture (although it's my driver's license pic. from years ago and you MUST change it!!! I'M KIDDING!!! I'M KIDDING!!! HA!!! HA!!! YOU CAN KILL ME NOW!!! lol................ :P HEEE!!! HEEE!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Anyways, it's HILARIOUS and stay hilarious, like you always are!!! Take care!!!

*** Martha ***

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.