ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Beggars Banquet's sessions - Olympic Sound Studios, London - 10th June 1968
No Expectations and Sympathy For The Devil
Dean Goodhill

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's fingers, is he ok ? Return to archive
05-26-02 01:48 AM
gotdablouse This has been discussed before, but watching the interviews available on the official website here http://www.rollingstones.com/media.html under "Band Interview Media Clips" really got me concerced. It seems the last joint of both his indexes is very swollen and crooked. Probably some kind of arthritis, but damn, I hope he's ok !
Is this painful or is it just an "aesthetic problem" ?
05-26-02 07:54 AM
nankerphelge Yeah -- with fingers like that, you can indeed pick your friend's nose!!!
05-26-02 09:58 AM
Gazza hes had arthritic problems in his fingers for a few years.. to the extent that his skull ring cant come off...
05-26-02 12:09 PM
Scottfree Has he mentioned anything about how it affects his playing, I'm assuming it certainly would? I noticed his fingers being severley deformed from about 7 or 8 years ago. Is this why it seems he has had some real lackluster live solos,and keeps them to a serious minimum (I know that he says they aren't about soloing, but sometimes it is necessary).
05-26-02 12:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl here's a recent picture (April 23, 2002) showing his fingers, it was used previously as header.

05-26-02 01:10 PM
Honky Tonk Man Hey Gazaa, when i met you at Bob Dylan show i noticed you had a little skull ring yourself. I pick up on little things like that
05-26-02 01:56 PM
gotdablouse Thanks for the pic Voodoo, I had missed it. Yes it shows what struck me on the video. Has it really been that bad for 7 to 8 years, Odd I hadn't noticed ?

One would assume it doesn't help with soloing, but then that's not what Keith is famous for. I guess the bottom line is whether it's painful or not.

I think Barry Gibb (yes I know some of you probably hate him but man I dig that fantastic sound they had in the late 70s with these wah wah guitars...) has a severe case of arthritis and has been on a quest to cure it over the past 5+ years. Only problem is that there's no cure for that :-(
This is a rather enightening intervie where he talks about the disease
http://www.brothersgibb.org/reports-interview-barry.html
I sure hope our man Keith isn't in all this pain !
05-26-02 01:58 PM
Gazza Its hard to miss! Keith gave me his spare one time...!

happily I dont have arthritis - yet!

However I'm a lousy guitarist,broke and I dont suit wearing fishhooks in my hair..so ya cant have everything...
05-26-02 02:05 PM
Gazza >Has he mentioned anything about how it affects his playing, I'm assuming it certainly would? I noticed his fingers being severley deformed from about 7 or 8 years ago

I've never seen any interview where's he even admitted it,let alone talked about it at length. The first time I'd heard that story about the arthritic problems in his fingers being so bad was when I was in Paris for the Stones show in '98. The source has always been reliable so I'd no reason to doubt the story. Dont know how long he'd had the problem BEFORE that but if it was THAT bad in '98,I'd imagine he'd been afflicted for quite a while before that.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.