ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Beggars Banquet's sessions - Olympic Sound Studios, London - 10th June 1968
No Expectations and Sympathy For The Devil
Dean Goodhill

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick at the final mix of Exile on Main Street Return to archive
05-24-02 11:50 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Oops! I had a header planned for today (Bob Dylan's birthday) and by mistake I posted this one of Mick.

So instead I'm gonna leave this as a post for the historical content and change header

Exile on Main Street Final Mix - Tumbling Dice with Merry Clayton on vocals
Studio Three at Wally Heider's, Los �ngeles, CA March 25, 1972

Photo by Jim Marshall

BTW, Mick was the only one present at the mix.
05-24-02 07:36 PM
CousinCocaine
Merry Clayton on Tumblin Dice ?!

I thought the great Gimme Shelter was her only Stones contribution ?!
05-24-02 11:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, Merry mixed her voice in the final cut of Tumbling Dice, she was in the final edition at Sunset Sound Studios and Wally Heider Studio Three in LA.

She was under an A&M (UK) and ODE(US) contract and the Exile on Main Street at that day (March 25) was scheduled for a May 7th release, that was finally released until May 12. So it was no time to negotiate Merry's voice, and Merry is not credited (well is credited as "friend.")

She is also in three tracks in the Performance Soundtrack: The main theme Performance, Poor White Hound Dog and Turner's Murder.

She never performed live with the Stones, but with only those two contributions with the Stones and three with Mick Jagger we decided to make this humble space for her.

Check it out here http://www.albec.net.mx/personales/rocksoff/merry.htm

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
05-25-02 12:42 AM
MarthaMyDear I don't know exactly what you're saying, Gerardo, but every time you put up the Mick pic., can you change the hand positioning so it goes further down... UM... Forget it... HE!!! HE!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM AGAIN!!! UGH!!! HE IS STILL HOT AND HE ALWAYS WILL BE!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CRY IN HAPPINESS TO SEE THEM!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH, I JUST CANNOT WAIT!!! UGH!!! YES!!! Thank you for letting me get that out!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*** Martha ***

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.