ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Beggars Banquet's sessions - Olympic Sound Studios, London - 10th June 1968
No Expectations and Sympathy For The Devil
Dean Goodhill

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: angie question Return to archive
05-23-02 02:10 PM
caro hi everybody,
i just heard "Angie" on the radio, and there's one detail I always wondered about: at one moment, by the end of the song, Mick sings "angie..." and you can hear a huge "awgh!!" coming from someone else. Maybe that moment has already been discussed/explained a thousand times on this board, but in case it hasn't, I would really like to know who made that noise, and why the Stones kept it on the tape. It always makes me laugh, because it sounds like "gosh! i'm actually playing a LOVE song! someone get me out of here..." Does anyone have info about it?
(sorry for my awful english: i'm french)
05-23-02 02:22 PM
jb No problem..it's david Bowie..hope this helps you!
05-24-02 12:45 AM
Keefness That would make sense..the song was written about Angela Bowie, David's wife at the time. She's also the one who allegedly caught Mick & David in the sack together..
05-24-02 12:47 AM
The Eggman Ewww, lets keep this Dark Dark
secret of Micks's in the closet ok?
05-24-02 01:08 AM
gypsy It was not written about Angela Bowie...It's about Anita, you silly fools...
05-24-02 02:40 AM
Riffhard As Mick never said who the song was actully about,any speculation is just that.Rumours abond that Angie was in fact Angela Bowie,or maybe even David himself.However,Mick has always said that the song was about noone in particular.Whether you believe him or not is your call.
As for Angela's account about Mick and David.She has since recanted much of that story.Remember this,she revealed this little episode when she was hawking her new book back in '94.She said she caught them in bed together naked with a "lubricant" on the nightstand.She has since stated that she actully walked in on "two rock gods passed out and fully dressed next to each other on a king sized bed.There was no oil or anything of that sort on the table."
Having said that,yeah Jagger,and Bowie too,have probably been down that dirt road together.Who cares if Mick's had a few homosexual daliences.He's still banged more bitches than anyone of us has.I've always said that if Mick is gay,I wish I were half as gay as he were.Just so I could have been with a third of the chicks(incredibly hot bitchs,by anyone's standard) he's laid.

Riffhard
05-24-02 04:32 AM
Angiegirl2 OK, Riffhard, so if you call us women 'bitches', then what may I call you? You could display somewhat more respect for women on a mixed worldwide MB, thanx.
05-24-02 04:45 AM
Mathijs It's not Bowie for sure, he wasn't even around at the 1972/1973 sessions in Jamaica. Second, Mick jagger didn't write the song, it was Keith Richards. In the November 1977 Guitar Magazine interview he said about the song: "me and Mick (Taylor) were messing around with the chords for a few years already, but it never went anywhere. We just didn't seem able to find a topic to go with the atmosphere. But then I wrote it very much Wild Horses-like, about not wanting to leave, and not wanting the bad things to happen. Things were crazy back then. I wrote it for my daughter Angela, who grows up with my mom now. Yeah, and Angie just fits better than Angela".

Remember "Angie" was played when Angela Richards got married in 199(8?9?)? She had requested that since "the song was written for me.

Mathijs

----------------------------------------------------------------
The Rolling Stones in Review

URL: http://stonesinreview.tiscaliweb.nl/
E-Mail: [email protected]

Bootlegs for Sale
The Lowdown on the Guitars of Keith Richards
Bootleg Reviews
Brussels Affair 1973
Vinyl Gang Productions / The Swingin' Pig
----------------------------------------------------------------
05-24-02 07:06 AM
Keefness ..Just the story I've heard over the years..I can't claim any credibility to it..didn't mean to start any shit..
05-24-02 10:52 AM
Riffhard Angiegirl2,
The term "bitches" in this case is used very tounge in cheek.If you look at the ladies that Mick has had.You might notice that quite a few of them are in fact bitches.
Lucciana Morad-Bitch by most peoples accounts
Sophie-same story
Biannca Jagger-bitch squared and then some.
Jerry Hall-I've heard some horror stories about her too.Although,I must say Jerry seemed rather cool when you consider what Mick put her through
The list of jet setting hanger on bitches goes on and on.I mean listen to the music.Mick certainly has some disdain for these types.
Having said that,I am not sexist in the least.I'm sure you are a very nice lady.I'm also sure that Jagger has done some very nasty things with a whole slew of nasty bitches.

Riffhard

PS-Everyone knows Jagger is the biggest bitch of all!
05-24-02 10:56 AM
jb This is how most republicans view women as evidenced by their repressive polocies towards women!
05-24-02 10:58 AM
Jaxx >>PS-Everyone knows Jagger is the biggest bitch of all!
now i'm real confused. i thought Elton John was....

05-24-02 11:06 AM
Riffhard Jaxx,
You are so right about El.No doubt hands down biggest bitch.I stand corrected.

Hey jb(Josh),
You are such a kind hearted democrat huh?Well,I think you should take that $1,750.00 that you spent on arena tix and send it to Jesse or Hilliary or the good reverand Sharpton.These truly upstanding Americans could find much better use for your hard earned money than you ever could.

Riffhard a proud member of the GOP

05-24-02 11:16 AM
jb I don't like Sharpton as he is pro Arab and anti-jew.. I do likeJohn Kery who I think will be our next President..he is from Mass. which is a great Stones state!
05-24-02 01:17 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
jb wrote:
I don't like Sharpton as he is pro Arab and anti-jew.. I do likeJohn Kery who I think will be our next President..he is from Mass. which is a great Stones state!

How about Ted Kennedy? Would you let this man drive our country??
05-24-02 02:06 PM
Honky Tonker A few quick points:

1. What the hell do Al Sharpton, Hillary, etc., have to do with Angie???

2. The "aww" sound probably happened when Keith sat down on his needle.

3. I've banged more bitches than Jagger!
05-24-02 02:21 PM
jb yOU BE ILLING HONKY TONKER!
05-24-02 02:32 PM
Honky Tonker Is that a compliment or an insult? Either way, it was all for a laugh!

P. S. This board could stand a little more humor! These ticket prices are no laughing matter though.
[Edited by Honky Tonker]
05-24-02 03:12 PM
jb that was an attempt at ebonics..
05-24-02 04:56 PM
gypsy keith & anita's daughter, dandelion, didn't start going by the name of 'angela' until the late '70's
05-25-02 01:17 PM
Joey Hillary Clinton did not go to one single funeral after the 9/11 disaster .

Do you think that will come back to haunt her ?

Or does no one really give a shit ?

Discuss ???????????????

05-25-02 01:36 PM
st0nesfan Hillary Clinton did not go to one single funeral after the 9/11 disaster .

Why would she? She is never in New York anyways. She is always at functions with her beltway buddies. Clinton has as much a future in NY as MT does with the Stones. j/k!
05-25-02 07:13 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Angiegirl2,
The term "bitches" in this case is used very tounge in cheek.If you look at the ladies that Mick has had.You might notice that quite a few of them are in fact bitches.

Having said that,I am not sexist in the least.I'm sure you are a very nice lady.I'm also sure that Jagger has done some very nasty things with a whole slew of nasty bitches.

Yeah, Riffhard, I'm not saying you are a sexist, I know all of that is meant tounge in cheek. It's just that I come across men (who think women are just for 'banging') a lot on the internet, this MB and also in everyday life. It bothers me. Can't help it.

But indeed Jagger has had some nasty ladies. I just don't feel sorry for him too! He IS a nasty bitch himself.

And, yeah, I am a very nice lady, lol!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.