ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Columbia Airport 1994
© Mark Seliger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Willie on the mend (nsc) Return to archive
May 25th, 2004 08:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels WILLIE NELSON UNDERGOES SURGERY

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to Willie Nelson, who had surgery last Wednesday to relieve pain from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. "After a year of trying everything from arnica to zinc to relieve the pain, he finally had to break down and let them whittle on it a little," said his daughter Lana Nelson in posted comments on Willie's website. "Doctors tell him he'll be back playing Trigger (Willie's beat up, gut-string guitar) after the incision is totally mended, followed by a few weeks of physical therapy."
Published on: May 24, 2004
May 25th, 2004 09:00 PM
GimmeExile Thanks for posting!

I hope he is feeling okay to do that tour with Dylan starting in August...
May 25th, 2004 10:36 PM
Taptrick -

I hope the recovery time is accurate but I am not so sure. I lost all the feeling, strength, and flexibility in my little finger & the one next to it - also in the palm area just underneath those fingers. Turns out to be a pinched/aggravated nerve up by my elbow that affects a nerve that goes up the pinky side of my palm. Doc said if it had been a main nerve on the other side it would be similar/same to carpal tunnel. Symptoms began in September and I have just begun to be able to play the guitar with four fingers again. I'm holding off on surgery as I seem to have regained 80% of the strength and flexibility but still have only about 25% of the feeling in the pinky.

-
May 26th, 2004 01:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
I hope he is feeling okay to do that tour with Dylan starting in August...

Yeah me too. What's the chances of getting Keith on board for this gig?
May 26th, 2004 02:02 PM
jb Thanks Mother Baby!!!
May 26th, 2004 02:41 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Yeah me too. What's the chances of getting Keith on board for this gig?

You and I share the same dream!

Keith has shown up at two Willie tribute shows in the last two years. If Keith keeps up his new routine of popping up at gigs, dreams may become reality.

There is a rumor the Bob & Willie are going to play Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen, Maryland in August...Cross those sticky fingers!